Trinity thoughts
Hey all,

I asked this question to blu ray in a different thread but i just wanna get some more opinions before i take the leap.

Im planning on upgrading my htpc with from an i3 2100 (hd 2000) (major 1080i issues) to an,

-AMD A10-5700
or
-AMD A8-5500

-ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M AMD A75 Chipset (Socket FM2)

The case im using is the fanless streacom fc5, both apu's are rated at 65w, and somewhat simmiler in price.

What would you guys recommend , this is my main build so i want power and efficiency.
Also any thought on the mother board.

Thanks and i will be posting pics when im done.

Edit, sorry for the typos kinda wrote ths ina hurry, your thought and feedback are highly appriciated
See my post

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139371

I think it is a marvelous chip (A8 5500).

System is extremely quiet, I even accidentally removed the memory whilst still on.
(2012-10-21, 11:26)Zyoos Wrote: See my post

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139371

I think it is a marvelous chip (A8 5500).

System is extremely quiet, I even accidentally removed the memory whilst still on.

Nice one man,
Yea i was kinda leaning towards the a8 anyway. thank for your review btw......

Only thing im kinda worried about is the heat seeing that im gonna be running fanless.

Also has anyone tried the 65w trinty a10?
wow, noone has any advice......
(2012-10-21, 15:36)ibramadhan Wrote: wow, noone has any advice......

if you would expect answers on an international forum within 5 hours time you clearly have some impatience....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-10-21, 11:32)ibramadhan Wrote: Nice one man,
Yea i was kinda leaning towards the a8 anyway. thank for your review btw......

Only thing im kinda worried about is the heat seeing that im gonna be running fanless.

Also has anyone tried the 65w trinty a10?

All I can say about the heat is that during extensive burn in tests the fan seems to stay the same speed (quite slow (silent))
and that it only ever got to about 58 degrees C. That seems to me to be very good.
So if your silent case can match a slow fan then your good.
Oh and I guess the lack of answers is due to the fact we are early adopters Smile.
BUT also worth noting is the Trinity is better than Llano for heat apparently, so you could use Llano builds as a guide and still have some margin.
How about AMD A6-5400K with 2-core 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) CPU and AMD Radeon HD 7540D iGPU? It should run cooler than 4-core A8/A10. If I remember correctly, some users in here have to underclock their A8 Liano to keep it cool in the passive case. The 3.8GHz 2-core should be more than enough for HTPC, and it's cheaper too.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
hey thanks alot guys, and sorry if i seem impatient Blush
Just really excited about ordering the parts,

I was looking at the a6 as well, but the price braket between the a6 and a10 is minimal,

so the cost is not really an issue, like i said ill be upgrading from an i3 2100.
and i need it to play live tv 1080i with ease. (deinterlacing)
so doing the upgrade i guess my next question would be, if the fan-less streacom fc5 is capable and or able to run the a10 5700 rated at 65w.

just waiting for the green light from the experts. Big Grin

oooohhh, just the thought of it gives me tickles Wink

also guy what are your thought on that MB i mentioned in the first post, seems like it would work with the fc5, nice specs and price to.

Im using the Intel DH67BL now and its been kinda faulty.

Thanks again for the thoughts ladies and gents.....

(2012-10-21, 19:23)ibramadhan Wrote: so the cost is not really an issue

so doing the upgrade i guess my next question would be, if the fan-less streacom fc5 is capable and or able to run the a10 5700 rated at 65w.
If price is not an issue, A10 is great choice then.....I thought that you might like this fanless, and they used FC5 case- ASUS Shows Off Silent PC With AMD Trinity APU.....I posted some of my finding on Trinity in this thread- post #40....

As far as FM2 motherboard, one guy in here have to return 2 AsRock mobos. He replaced it with ASUS F2A85-M PRO.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/88584462/2012-10....45.37.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/88584462/2012-10....46.00.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/88584462/2012-10....46.18.jpg

Thats my current build, i love the case and i have the intest IR with my own custom bracket/stand, used with a harmony 700 works a treat....Cool

gonna use my old parts to upgrade my sons room cuz the raspi i have in there now is just a lil underpowered.

That the reason i wanna stick with the asrock cuz it has the CIR
(2012-10-21, 19:44)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-21, 19:23)ibramadhan Wrote: so the cost is not really an issue

If price is not an issue, A10 is great choice then.....I thought that you might like this fanless, and they used FC5 case- ASUS Shows Off Silent PC With AMD Trinity APU.....I posted some of my finding on Trinity in this thread- post #40....

As far as FM2 motherboard, one guy in here have to return 2 AsRock mobos. He replaced it with ASUS F2A85-M PRO.....
danm......bluray, what a sexy lil machine, that is exactly what i wanna build,
I think that is the fc5 evo, came out just after mine with a few minor changes, bigger IR window different eject button and altered CPU heatsink...
I am considering same build with asrock because of cir. There is too little information on a6 vs a10 for temps wattage etc. At 65w.. At idle and when playing h264. I am also considering fc5. I only want the extra gpu for emulators.

Not sure how faster memory applies to wattage as well. What pico for a6 or a10 with asrock matx with ssd and bluray for example
im using 169 wat pico with 190 wat brick and and is good so far.
Hi all,

I may be amongst the first to buy a desktop Trinity and have had it for over a month now.

It is the Medion Akoya A8-5500 3.2ghz/Turbo 3.7ghz @ 65watts, Radeon 7560, terabyte HD, USB 3, In Built Card Readers, etc,

In all my years, I have never had such a silent computer, yet powerful as all get go!

I can have 12 programs running and still play modern games at 1366 x 768 or 1440 x 900.

It is a great machine, silent,low power envelope and very powerful. If you want more, you can go for the A10-5800 at a slightly higher power envelope of 100 watts.

Either models, these are great computers and run rings around Intel's best i3 and i5!!!!
(2012-10-22, 12:24)oozz77 Wrote: Hi all,

I may be amongst the first to buy a desktop Trinity and have had it for over a month now.

It is the Medion Akoya A8-5500 3.2ghz/Turbo 3.7ghz @ 65watts, Radeon 7560, terabyte HD, USB 3, In Built Card Readers, etc,

In all my years, I have never had such a silent computer, yet powerful as all get go!

I can have 12 programs running and still play modern games at 1366 x 768 or 1440 x 900.

It is a great machine, silent,low power envelope and very powerful. If you want more, you can go for the A10-5800 at a slightly higher power envelope of 100 watts.

Either models, these are great computers and run rings around Intel's best i3 and i5!!!!

Great to hear but the trinity in question is the a10 5700 rated at 65W.

I love all the things im hearing about trinity thoughBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trinity thoughts1