• 92(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
(2012-12-02, 18:37)thewhiteknight Wrote:
(2012-12-02, 04:17)bluray Wrote: I made it easy for you. You can simply download both files below and save it in C:\Users\Terry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder....

-playercorefactory.xml
-playiso.bat

It worked! Thanks bluray for all the help, it is greatly appreciated! One last question, for now Big Grin, if I drop these two files into XBMC 12, will they work this same way? I haven't decided if I want to jump to 12 just yet, I've got 11 setup exactly like I like it (and the family is used to it), but would just like to know if it works.

Thanks again!
I'm glad that you got it to work.....Nod

It should work w/ rev 12....or just stick with the stable Eden till 12 become stable...

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
@bluray

Been testing TMT5 as external player for a few weeks now but am not so happy... Most of times TMT5 quits after some time in a movie! That's fustrating!
What I wanna do now is just use it for 3DBD and play my other movies consisting of bdmv,ts,m2ts and mkv with the internal player!
So what config files do I keep just to play 3DBD iso files with TMT5?

Thanks
(2012-12-02, 22:09)siamsquare Wrote: @bluray

Been testing TMT5 as external player for a few weeks now but am not so happy... Most of times TMT5 quits after some time in a movie! That's fustrating!
What I wanna do now is just use it for 3DBD and play my other movies consisting of bdmv,ts,m2ts and mkv with the internal player!
It seems that something is incompatible within your HTPC. TMT5 works fine on my HTPC's...

(2012-12-02, 22:09)siamsquare Wrote: So what config files do I keep just to play 3DBD iso files with TMT5?

Thanks
You can remove all the rules and create this rule for 3DBD- <rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*3dbd." player="ISO_Player"/>

(2012-12-02, 04:07)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 23:40)xbmcwood Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 23:25)bluray Wrote: Something is not right, you shouldn't need PlayBDMV.bat to playback blu-ray ISO file using TMT5. You need to create only PlayISO.bat file code below and D: is BD-ROM drive letter. With this rule "<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>", it shouldn't not affect any blu-ray file playing through XBMC internal player....

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" D:

create PlayISO.bat file with just the info from above?
replace the one i get from OP?
it should look like this right

<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>
This rule shouldn't be in PlayISO.bat. It should be in playercorefactory.xml

(2012-12-01, 23:40)xbmcwood Wrote: @echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" D:
This is all you need in PlayISO.bat...

i did everything you said. bluray.
check to see if the Rule code was placed in the XML, yes it was at the bottom with all the other rules codes.
then i made a new PlayISO.bat file with the specific file path you provided.
i go to play my HD movies or TV shows i get the same problem. it will play the sound but no video. but if i click to play a bluray file or iso it will play just fine.
i found out if i right click on any video and choice to play with DVDplayer the HD videos will play just fine. and if i right click on a bluray file or iso and i play with Universal player it will play just fine. so everytime i want to watch something i have to right click first to pick a player. help me please??
(2012-12-02, 22:31)xbmcwood Wrote: i did everything you said. bluray.
check to see if the Rule code was placed in the XML, yes it was at the bottom with all the other rules codes.
i go to play my HD movies or TV shows i get the same problem. it will play the sound but no video. but if i click to play a bluray file or iso it will play just fine.
i found out if i right click on any video and choice to play with DVDplayer the HD videos will play just fine. and if i right click on a bluray file or iso and i play with Universal player it will play just fine. so everytime i want to watch something i have to right click first to pick a player. help me please??
Can you post your playercorefactory codes in here?

Hi guys,

im new here and new with XBMC and are swtiching from a duying TViX S1 SLIM Media Player. SO lets hope i can get this to work, and perhaps better than the tvix Smile

I have problems, i can't get the above instructions for Arcsofts Totalmedia Theater 5 to work. The XMBC interface just flashes when clicking a disc for example and it wont start TMT5. I have changed all drive letters and made the propriate changes to the directorys and such. Could it be that my username contains foreign letters such as "ö" that makes the xml file not to work ?

Please advise.

Best regards
Nick

My Playercorefactory settings:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Niklas Lindström\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Niklas Lindström\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Niklas Lindström\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

(2012-12-02, 23:44)Rottweiler_swe Wrote: I have problems, i can't get the above instructions for Arcsofts Totalmedia Theater 5 to work. The XMBC interface just flashes when clicking a disc for example and it wont start TMT5. I have changed all drive letters and made the propriate changes to the directorys and such. Could it be that my username contains foreign letters such as "ö" that makes the xml file not to work ?

Please advise.

Best regards
Nick
Welcome to the forum! If you haven't done it, you need to enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output.....

(2012-12-02, 22:53)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-02, 22:31)xbmcwood Wrote: i did everything you said. bluray.
Can you post your playercorefactory codes in here?

here is the playercorefactory file

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

BluRay
this my playISO file

@echo off

(2012-12-03, 06:42)xbmcwood Wrote: BluRay
this my playISO file

@echo off

Your playercorefactory looks okay, but PlayISO.bat should have the codes below. You can replace J: with the available VCD drive in your HTPC-

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" "J:"

(2012-12-03, 07:01)bluray Wrote:
this my playISO file

@echo off

Your playercorefactory looks okay, but PlayISO.bat should have the codes below. You can replace J: with the available VCD drive in your HTPC-

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" "J:"

so if it doesnt work with the letter J. replace it with VCD?

sorry my dvd drive is the letter D:

(2012-12-03, 00:10)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-02, 23:44)Rottweiler_swe Wrote: I have problems, i can't get the above instructions for Arcsofts Totalmedia Theater 5 to work. The XMBC interface just flashes when clicking a disc for example and it wont start TMT5. I have changed all drive letters and made the propriate changes to the directorys and such. Could it be that my username contains foreign letters such as "ö" that makes the xml file not to work ?

Please advise.

Best regards
Nick
Welcome to the forum! If you haven't done it, you need to enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output.....

Thank you sir!

i've tried that setting and it does not solve the problem with XBMC just flashing when clicking a disc or iso Sad
When looking in the log i see that my last name letter "ö" is shown inproperly and i think it could be why xbmc won't find the .bat files since the paths are shown incorrectly beacuse of that. I will try to reinstall windows today and use a shorter name with no spaces and foregin letters.

EDIT: works now, i did a clean install and changed my username to "test" and now it works Big Grin

Still, i have many m2ts files and they don't seem to start automatically when i click then from inside XBMC, is there a way to add Arcsoft Media Theatre 5 as a standard player for these files ?
Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks to @bluray for the great guide he wrote. I have one small issue at the moment and it relates to mounting my bluray iso files with VCD.

In the latest version of VCD (Windows 8), you cannot mount image files from a network drive (i am using a netgear NAS). I have tested the PlayISO.bat by mounting an iso locally and it is all fine but i don't have enough local space to store all my iso files.

Is anyone else having this issue and what alternative software and PlayISO.bat code are they using?

Cheers guys
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
(2012-12-03, 07:15)xbmcwood Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 07:01)bluray Wrote:
this my playISO file

@echo off

@echo off

so if it doesnt work with the letter J. replace it with VCD?

sorry my dvd drive is the letter D:
No, J: is not a DVD drive. It's a VCD drive from my HTPC. You need to replace J: with whatever available VCD driver from your HTPC....

(2012-12-03, 09:33)Rottweiler_swe Wrote: Still, i have many m2ts files and they don't seem to start automatically when i click then from inside XBMC, is there a way to add Arcsoft Media Theatre 5 as a standard player for these files ?
With this (<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>), it should launch TMT5 automatically when you select M2TS file within XBMC...

BluRay
i had to install Eden. frodo was too bugy.
so i followed the instruction in your first post. installed all four files. it almost works. i still have to right click on a movie to pick the player.
but now i just have to pick DVDplayer for all my movie formats.yup DVDplayer works for ISO and all other formats. is there a way to set DVDPlayer as my default player.Huh
(2012-12-04, 11:15)xbmcwood Wrote: BluRay
i had to install Eden. frodo was too bugy.
so i followed the instruction in your first post. installed all four files. it almost works. i still have to right click on a movie to pick the player.
but now i just have to pick DVDplayer for all my movie formats.yup DVDplayer works for ISO and all other formats. is there a way to set DVDPlayer as my default player.Huh
Is DVDplayer an external player? If it is, you can simply replace all TMT5 .exe locations with DVDplayer .exe locations....

• 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13