• 114(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
Hi all,
I think most will know that the IMDB changes have broken the ability to find movies correctly when scraping. Since this is open source I downloaded the source and fixed it locally. I don't see any obvious ways for me to get this fix back into the branch (I don't feel like installing GIT and jumping through all the hoops right now), but I thought I'd share the fix as it's very easy.

1) Download the source from the GIT repository as a zip, get NuGet installed in VS 2010 if you don't already, then get NuGet.exe where it needs to be (build errors will make it obvious).
2) Change line 854 in clsScareIMDB.vb to: D = HTML.IndexOf("<table class=""findList"">")
3) Change line 95 in clsScrapeIMDB.vb to: Private Const TABLE_PATTERN As String = "<table.*?>\n?(.*?)</table>"
4) Rebuild (Release build)
5) Copy over whatever configs or database settings you want to the EmberMM-Deploy directory, start it up, and use as normal. Should work fine with the exception that it'll always prompt you to choose the imdb entry which is something I prefer anyway.

Is this a 100% fix? Oh hell no.
Is it a good workaround to hold most people over until someone else does a proper bug fix? Yep.
If anyone has the time, it would probably be best to move the regex strings and HTML search strings to a config file for easier changes in the future.

Good luck!
-A

DocLockwood: Wow, that is one helluva first post! Your first post on the forum, and here you go fixing things! Kudos to you!
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2012-12-04, 04:12)DocLockwood Wrote: Hi all,
I think most will know that the IMDB changes have broken the ability to find movies correctly when scraping. Since this is open source I downloaded the source and fixed it locally. I don't see any obvious ways for me to get this fix back into the branch (I don't feel like installing GIT and jumping through all the hoops right now), but I thought I'd share the fix as it's very easy.

1) Download the source from the GIT repository as a zip, get NuGet installed in VS 2010 if you don't already, then get NuGet.exe where it needs to be (build errors will make it obvious).
2) Change line 854 in clsScareIMDB.vb to: D = HTML.IndexOf("<table class=""findList"">")
3) Change line 95 in clsScrapeIMDB.vb to: Private Const TABLE_PATTERN As String = "<table.*?>\n?(.*?)</table>"
5) Copy over whatever configs or database settings you want to the EmberMM-Deploy directory, start it up, and use as normal. Should work fine with the exception that it'll always prompt you to choose the imdb entry which is something I prefer anyway.

Is it a good workaround to hold most people over until someone else does a proper bug fix? Yep.
If anyone has the time, it would probably be best to move the regex strings and HTML search strings to a config file for easier changes in the future.

Good luck!
-A

Thanks for the information but I'm not well versed with any type of programming. Is there any way to upload whatever fix you have made in order to be used by folks who are technically challenged?

Good luck!
-A

Is there anyway you can upload the fix in a ziip so people can just copy it over?

I download Ember-Master zip and I see no clsScrapeIMDB never mind found it. When I rebuild I get all errors so I will use Media Companion until brodrick come back or someone else patches this.
(2012-12-04, 09:06)Randall Lind Wrote:

Good luck!
-A

Is there anyway you can upload the fix in a ziip so people can just copy it over?

I did a rebuild (thanks DocLockwood for the code adaptation).
You'll find it here : http://dl.free.fr/fSnC2OnIX

Note: the new IMDB engine really sucks, now search result are not relevant...
Crap. I don't read French and I can't figure out what to type to get the download to happen.

Nevermind. I figured it out. I thought the one box was a French captcha. Turns out you just have to hit the text boxed in red.
Thank you so much DocLockwood and magneto! Now I am happily using Ember again. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Regards,

Bart
(2012-12-04, 17:34)kricker Wrote: Crap. I don't read French and I can't figure out what to type to get the download to happen.

Nevermind. I figured it out. I thought the one box was a French captcha. Turns out you just have to hit the text boxed in red.

Free is a French ISP.
I uploaded the file on a dropbox account : https://www.dropbox.com/s/se8c9b1bwf4wb8...agneto.zip
ROFL...

Just went through a serious effort to install all the tools needed to fork and rebuild EMM, only to find out someone beat me to it. *sigh*

If anyone wants to give it a shot, it works for me. You'll need to just unzip & run it as if it were new. Copying over the old database caused it to hang on my machine, but it's a newer version than what I had been using.

Edit: I submitted a pull request to bodrick, to hopefully get this integrated to his copy, however he hasn't responded to other pull requests in months.

Edit: Edit: See below for new link.
Thank you Magneto and DarkKnight for helping us who couldn't do it. You guys rock this should work until Rodrick gets back or IMDB changes again.
thx you guys for your work ! Wink
Magneto doesn't rename when I right click rename auto or manually I get the following error - Method not found: 'System.data.SQLite.SQliteCommandEmberAPI.Database.CreateCommand().'

I am downloading DarkKnight version now to see if it works. However IMDB is working now.

Update: DarkKnight works with renaming. This time I deleted ember and installed DarkNight build with Magneto I just copy over. Not being a pain I am grateful just reporting for others.
(2012-12-04, 18:25)bsoriano Wrote: Thank you so much DocLockwood and magneto! Now I am happily using Ember again. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Regards,

Bart

What he said.. Thanks so much guys!
Thanks so much guys, this is fantastic!!! Looking forward to using Ember again.

Does the "new" version reflect the "trailer fix", which was posted some 10 pages ago or so in this thread?

(2012-12-04, 14:52)magneto Wrote: Note: the new IMDB engine really sucks, now search result are not relevant...

Not sure I understand this comment. What's the issue with IMDB?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26