• 43(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2012-12-05, 12:10)joethefox Wrote: @Tolriq, perhaps if one day this suggestion will be accepted maybe the issue will vanish (detected articles at the end of the title) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129326

@bstrang3, @dm2875, sadly it's a known issue due to some api changes starting from november 25, not the beta1 (released before november 25). Incoming app update will solve the issue (was submitted to apple for review on Dec 3), thank you for your patience.

@learningit, maybe because there was an API change http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13464 - so until a rewrite of the remote control functions using the event server, we have lost the relationship with the keyboard.xml . What is the behaviour that you are missing?

Nothing critical, I made some mods to allow the use of left cursor to change video aspect size and right cursor to change audio tracks. With Frodo, the audio track change is less of an issue. BTW I really like the addition of plugins on the remote, absolutely perfect for livestreams.

Actually after reading your ticket, I remember why I changed the left and right cursor functions in full-screen. When you use the remote for livestreams it's very easy to hit those keys which hangs livestreams as it cannot seek forward or back.
@learningit, yep we miss a button to adjust the video aspect size, but we have a button for the audio streams. Regarding plugins support, the upcoming version supports xbmc notifications so for example while using the youtube addon you can input search terms.
Well, the new version has been submitted to apple on Dec. 3 with this change log:
  • new iPhone/iPod navigation: Swipe left/right anywhere to reveal the different screens. A new app setting allows you to switch between swiping anywhere on the screen or just in the top navigation bar. This navigation works for viewing the Main Menu\Library sections\Now playing\XBMC system options.
    *Currently the Remote Control screen has to use the Navigation Bar.
  • new layout for music albums and tv shows episodes views
  • support for XBMC clearlogos
  • added clean audio/video library buttons
  • Improved support for Music and Video add-ons
  • fixed remote control button repeat issue
  • added a very useful flashlight button

*** ONLY FRODO *******
  • Added in music section: Top 100 Albums, Top 100 Songs, Recently Played Albums and Recently Played Songs
  • Added in movie section: Movie Genres
  • auto show virtual input keyboard when needed (plugin search dialogs, changing items titles, etc.)

for version 1.2 a new app icon has been made. (no worries, the can has been crushed and recycled):

(2012-12-05, 16:12)joethefox Wrote: @raines44, yes I want it too: programs and live tv will have a dedicated section

Hey joe, thanks for all the info/support. Would it be possible to take it one step further and make the menu customizable in the sense of toggles in the settings menu like Commander where I can toggle specific items on and off?

Also, I'm not sure if this was answered but under 'music' is it possible to ignore 'The' in artist names?

Thanks is in advance!
(2012-12-05, 21:10)StealthyMonk Wrote: Hey joe, thanks for all the info/support. Would it be possible to take it one step further and make the menu customizable in the sense of toggles in the settings menu like Commander where I can toggle specific items on and off?
hey no problem! I'm thinking to put all the voices under the main menu, e.g.
Music
- albums
- artists
- genre
Movies
- titles
- genres
- recently added
Add-ons
TV shows

and so on. And maybe make possible to turn on/off the main items (Music-Movies-Tv shows- etc.), we see what coming out.

About the ignore article: it isn't an easy task due the fact even if I ask to XBMC to return the movies list with the ignore articles on, when the app have to put the items in letters sections, I loose the ignore article sort. The only solution I see is to replicate the logic for ignore articles inside the app.
How can i queue a song to play next after current during party mode. When I try it it will play after current but it will turn off party mode and not randomly add more songs to the party mode playlist.
@jimbo2008, when using the "queue after current" option I'm pretty sure that the music party isn't turned off. what is your XBMC version?
@joethefox thanks heaps - cant wait for the app update, moving from the couch is so tough!!!
(2012-12-06, 00:12)joethefox Wrote: @jimbo2008, when using the "queue after current" option I'm pretty sure that the music party isn't turned off. what is your XBMC version?

Im using openelec 2.0 on a revo 1600
Super excited about the update-everytime I get an update notification from the app store I keep hoping its for xbmc remote!! After messing around, my favorite feature is the Music Add-On control-namely the Rdio one. It is a great way to browse/control Rdio.

My one request, similar to what I mentioned before is access to Rdio from the main menu. As it is now, I have to tap several options just to get to Rdio. Would be great to have it 'on top'.

Thanks again!
@jimbo2008, openelec 2.0 uses XBMC Eden v11, look this video while using XBMC Eden, Music Pary On and a track is enqueued after the current one without that the party mode is disabled:

so, what's your steps that are causing your issueHuh!?!

@StealthyMonk, yep claro! Smile
Hi, has anyone tried the iOS remote against the beta 2 of XBMC12? I have found that while i can connect & navigate OK - as soon as i start playing a video (TV or film) the remote app crashes & exits. I then cannot re-connect until the video is finished.

Any ideas?

Thanks
@kryten2b, sadly it's a known issue due to some api changes starting from november 25. Incoming app update will solve the issue (was submitted to apple for review on Dec 3), thank you for your patience.
and the official XBMC remote app version 1.2 was released right now \m/
Tested it out-all in all, looks great! Love the new icon. My one complaint is the moving of the volume control from the now playing screen-why add an extra step to access it?

Other than that great job, keep up the great work.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8