• 17(current)
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares
Umm...I said it first Wink

It is a mystery and will remain one...unless someone else cares to get to the bottom of it. It will probably go away on the next build I make anyhow. I am using the build batch file supplied in the mainline so I don't do anything else with respect to building it.
Well.. not gonna tell you "told you so", but rather that the SDK is overkill.

The std. dx webinstaller fixes the issue. Glad you got it sorted any how :-)
No worries Kricker. Like I say, it's not a big issue for me. Once I figured out I could side-load the missing DLL into the XBMC folder and get that to work, that would of been good enough for me. I was sure my DX install was "OK", as the games I've played on it, have all funtioned without issue, and so had mainline XBMC. This was just a mystery that eluded me, and I am OCD about things like that. Aside from that, it's working very well. The additions, are low-key and seamless, but do improve the situation for those of us with remote libraries, so well done for providing it.

Wink
(2012-12-27, 22:20)TjaLfE Wrote: Well.. not gonna tell you "told you so", but rather that the SDK is overkill.

The std. dx webinstaller fixes the issue. Glad you got it sorted any how :-)

Well you can blame that on the ambiguous way MS title some of their downloads. Only realised it was the SDK optional components after it was installing. The download link used didn't indicate that it was the SDK part. Hence the reason for downloading the Redistributable too.
Good news, compiled raspbmc for my pi and it seems to work!
Nice. After Frodo goes out hopefully we can get some devs to take a peek at the PR and get this put into the mainline.
(2013-01-05, 03:26)bilbonvidia Wrote: Good news, compiled raspbmc for my pi and it seems to work!

Hey, does this mean you compiled a version for your pi with this automatic wakeonlan feature?

I'm asking because I ordered my first pi to have it running in my bedroom.
The case is, that my homeserver is running the dvbviewer recording service which provides tv streams into any room of the house.

Because the server automatically shuts down when no client is connected, I need to wake it up again when a client reconnects.

If your version of raspbmc could provide that, it would be really awesome because I think the original version of raspbmc does not!?
I have made openelec builds for pi with wake-on-access feature, I could upload it if you (or others) would be interested?
I also have a build for target Intel/64, and others can be made if anyone requests it
I patched the xbmc source from git hub using the woa.patch file created by t4 and then just followed the procedures to compile as per the raspbmc site.
(2013-01-06, 21:23)t4_ravenbird Wrote: I have made openelec builds for pi with wake-on-access feature, I could upload it if you (or others) would be interested?
I also have a build for target Intel/64, and others can be made if anyone requests it

I am Interested to to see how it compares with raspbmc please. I can also post my raspbmc ver if anyone would like it.

On a side note I was able to compile a pretty good case from lego for the pi with instructions I found on t'internet. A benefit of having kids with lego.
openelec for rpi (as of january 3, should be more or less the same as version 3.0 RC1 + woa)
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/28117956/file.html
bilbonvidia - I really would appreciate your version of raspbmc as my pi should arrive someday this week.

t4_ravenbird also thank you for your version of openelec, i will also test this one and see which I like most.

Keep up the good work you are doing here!!
Follow the approriate installation instructions from this page to install normal raspbmc
http://www.raspbmc.com/download/

Then upload this patched version of xbmc to you home directory on the pi:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102618431/xbmc-r...104.tar.gz

and follow these instructions to install the patched version
http://www.raspbmc.com/wiki/technical/building-xbmc/

Code:
Installing your build

With your xbmc-rbp tarball FTPd to your home directory, the following commands will suffice for installing and launching the new XBMC:
sudo initctl stop xbmc
sudo tar -xzf xbmc-rbp*.tar.gz -C /opt
sudo initctl start xbmc
Be sure to check system information for build date details to verify you are running your build.

Warning though I read reports of live tv not working on a recentish build for some people, I have not had a chance to test this yet.
New Windows build available now.
XBMCSetup-20130115-3267150-WOA
Small bug Kricker: Pressing "Stop" on the NYXBoard remote triggers the appearance of the Shutdown Menu as well, in your build, doesn't happen in RC3 so far as I can tell. Whatever is playing is stopped correctly, but the Shutdown menu appears too.
Mine comes from mainline, which I made after RC3 so chances are that is a new bug in the nightlies as I don't change any code whatsoever. Treat my builds as nightlies with this patch added Wink
Rgr m8. Thought this was probably the case, but thought i'd mention it regardless. Wink
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares4