• 55(current)
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
I've had some success running raspbmc and using reFocus BIG. I've got a 256 board so I disabled most of the bells and whistles right off the bat. So no widgets, no intensive menus, etc. I'm using a swap partition and have the config.txt set to fast - I was getting lots of crashes on the super setting. Anyway, I get the benefit of the beautiful layout (great work, Paul!) but none of the crashes I got before.
You must be running an older build then (RC4 I guess), cause the newer ones don't use a swap partition anymore (by default anyway).

Last time I tried reFocus BIG, I barely managed to enter the settings page to switch the theme... that's how bad the crashes were. Two days in and standard reFocus (git latest) is working very well.
I'm using RC5 with the 12/31 nightly. You are correct about swap, I had to enable it manually.
Paul, found two issues today:

- Shortcut to skin settings needs to be remover from the main settings screen. Since Frodo the settings are under appearance / skin settings.
- You need to add a button to the shutdown menu to exit xbmc like the confluence skin does. This is a must for people using XBMCbuntu and want to exit xbmc and log into XBMCbuntu.

Update, one more:
- When using the status bar in stead of the RSS feed and go over to the weather section on the main screen, the weather info and status info texts overlap.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
How do i install it on Raspberry Pi with openelec? added the repository but when i download the skin it gets stuck at 100%
Bug 
I got reFocus installed on RPI and it works, only I can't seem to get fanart working and the settings screen seems a bit weird. All settings don't seem to have Switches next to the settings so don't know if the setting is enabled or disabled.
For fanart I have a NFS dir which is mounted and also a local dir on USB connected directly to the RPI the local dir is in /storage which comes with Openelec. When I choose both options the background is black on all windows Home/Movies/Series/Music etc. Anyone know how i can fix this?

btw I'm running Openelec 3.0 RC1 on a 512MB RPI with movies/series/music mounted from NFS with Mysql DB located my NAS.
I downloaded the master release for frodo from the start post and unzipped it and put the contents inside /$XBMCHOME/userdate/addons
If you would have read the forum, you would've found the solution: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142012
@MrJackson I did that already, I pointed the to the fanart folder containing the images. only on the home/global I set the custom slide show to the parent folder of the fanart folder, so ill change that tonight.
but on movies/tvshows/music I also get a blackscreen and I pointed to /storage/backdrops/movies which is located locally on the USB drive and to /storage/xbmc/movies which is a folder mounted with NFS from my NAS.
Both instance I rebooted to see if it was working but both times the background is black.
If you use Artwork Organizer, it copies all the fanart to a folder specified by you. However, inside that folder, AO creates a few subfolders and you have to point the skin to those subfolders.

Hope it works!
I'm running the latest git. In the xbmc debug log, I see a bunch of JSON RPC calls like

Code:
22:16:33 T:2396599360   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling videolibrary.getmovies
22:16:33 T:2396599360   DEBUG: RunQuery took 161 ms for 196 items query
etc
22:16:36 T:2396599360   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling audiolibrary.getartists
22:16:36 T:2396599360   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling audiolibrary.getalbums
etc...
[/code]

I have all widgets disabled. How can I stop these API calls? On the RaspberryPI these events spike the CPU and occasionally cause the audio to drop when playing a high bit rate video.
(2013-01-02, 20:15)matatr0n Wrote: Hello Paul!

is it possible to create a slim/light-version for raspberry pi or apple tv 2?

Totally agree. Or maybe point out what settings do we need to disable to use it without hiccups.
Although an amazing skin, it's a shame that what used to be a very light skin on Apple TV 2, now is heavy on resources and almost unusable on low end hardware (and not only ATV or RaspPi)

Cheers!
This skin is not intended for lightweight devices. Nothing wrong with this skin's performance on my notebook and HTPC.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
(2013-01-11, 21:53)tripkip Wrote: This skin is not intended for lightweight devices. Nothing wrong with this skin's performance on my notebook and HTPC.

Well, at the beginning, it was
Evening Folks,

One of the things I always loved in MediaBrowser in WMC was the custom genre icons, soooo I made a minor modification
to Pauls most excellent skin to allow me to add them Smile Heres what it looks like on my system(s).

( Icons shown where mostly created by Xzener for
Mediabrowser, but theres one or two my wife did, and some from a few others who I have forgotton, kudos to all )

If you fancy a look at the code/mod ... i've stuck it in a zip you can find Here on my Skydrive.
Hi Paul,
Any plans on implementing smart playlists into the main home menu?

Thanks again..
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.615