Issues from da-anda
Problem: Addons that are installed as part of a dependency won't be uninstalled with the addon that required it. So when testing some skins that require a lot of addons (tv-tunes, artwork downloader, foo-service) those will remain activated and installed (and thus probably slow down XBMC) even if the skin is uninstalled again.
Solution: Keep track if addons are installed by the user or as part of a dependency and in the later case also disable/uninstall them if no other addons depend on those.

Problem: User get's confronted with "addon XY updated" notifications for addons that he never installed but where dependencies of some other addon. This confuses users, they should only see the notification if they installed the addon. Same for addons marked as broken etc.
Solution: Keep track if addons are installed by the user or as part of a dependency and only show notifications if they where installed by the user.

So adding a column to the DB + object that keeps track if installed by the user or not could be used to solve both issues.

Problem: atm there is no way to know if a music share already was imported to the DB. For video shares you have a "scan for new content" entry in the context menu.
Solution: add same logic to music shares that video shares have ("set content/scrape" as Montellese already suggested + "scan for new content" and whatever else is there). Make those things consistent in those two sections.

Problem: in a default setup it doesn't make sense to have the info window for albums or artists as there is little to no meta data available on fresh library imports.
Solution: We have a setting to automatically download additional meta data on import, but it's disabled by default. Enable this by default BUT don't scrape this information during library import, but queue a job that does this after the initial import has finished. (same probably for actors)
(2013-01-23, 13:49)da-anda Wrote: Problem: User get's confronted with "addon XY updated" notifications for addons that he never installed but where dependencies of some other addon. This confuses users, they should only see the notification if they installed the addon. Same for addons marked as broken etc.
Solution: Keep track if addons are installed by the user or as part of a dependency and only show notifications if they where installed by the user.

I had a PR for this half a year or so ago, see PR1398 but the opinions seem to be very different so I closed it again. If you feel like it you can write your opinion in the PR. Maybe it could be solved with a setting because I'm sick of all the "foo has been installed" and "foo has been updated" for addons I never manually installed. The PR only addresses the first notification, but with some extra logic I'm sure the second one (notification on update) could be addressed as well.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues from da-anda0