• 14(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
There is something wrong with the XBMC or MyPicsDB installation.
"nvalid handle."
Quote:12:51:35 T:1356 DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 164 in default.py object Main.addDir >> Name = Ajouté ces 10 derniers jours
12:51:35 T:1356 ERROR: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::AddItem - called with an invalid handle.
and
"plugin exited prematurely - terminating"
Quote:12:52:05 T:5832 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
12:52:05 T:5992 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.image.mypicsdb
12:52:05 T:5992 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.image.mypicsdb) failed
12:52:05 T:5992 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://)
12:52:05 T:5992 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
but then (sometimes) it works
Quote:The scanning works
[quote]12:51:54 T:6124 DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 223 in scanpath.py object VFSScanner._addpath >> Scanning picture "C:\TEST2\IMG_4812.JPG"
12:51:54 T:6124 DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 254 in scanpath.py object VFSScanner._addpath >> New picture will be inserted into dB
picture was inserted into database. This is logged in
Quote:12:52:06 T:5784 DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 223 in scanpath.py object VFSScanner._addpath >> Scanning picture "C:\TEST2\IMG_4812.JPG"
12:52:06 T:5992 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
12:52:06 T:5784 DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 242 in scanpath.py object VFSScanner._addpath >> Picture already exists but not modified
12:51:43 T:1304 DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 185 in default.py object Main.addAction >> Name = Aide
12:51:43 T:5832 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully
12:51:43 T:1304 INFO: Scriptresult: Success
Excactly once these pictures were shown in "Ajouté ces 10 derniers jours"
Quote:12:52:07 T:2736 NOTICE: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 124 in default.py object Main.get_args >> MyPicturesDB plugin called :
12:52:07 T:2736 NOTICE: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 125 in default.py object Main.get_args >> sys.argv[0] = plugin://plugin.image.mypicsdb/
12:52:07 T:2736 NOTICE: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 126 in default.py object Main.get_args >> sys.argv[2] = ?action=%27showpics%27&method=%27recentpicsdb%27&name=%27Ajout%c3%a9%20ces%2010%20derniers%20jours%27&page=%271%27&period=%27%27&value=%27%27&viewmode=%27view%27
12:52:07 T:2736 DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 206 in default.py object Main.addPic >> Name = C:\TEST2\IMG_4812.JPG
12:52:07 T:2736 DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 206 in default.py object Main.addPic >> Name = C:\TEST2\IMG_4813.JPG
12:52:07 T:2736 DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 206 in default.py object Main.addPic >> Name = C:\TEST2\IMG_4814.JPG
12:52:07 T:2736 DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 206 in default.py object Main.addPic >> Name = C:\TEST2\IMG_4815.JPG
12:52:07 T:2736 DEBUG: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 206 in default.py object Main.addPic >> Name = C:\TEST2\quai.jpg
12:52:07 T:1356 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully
12:52:07 T:2736 INFO: Scriptresult: Success

The only advise I have is to completely delete XBMC and reinstall it.
Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\ and C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

I'm sorry but I've not other advise.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
thanks for your debug analyse.

Quote:The only advise I have is to completely delete XBMC and reinstall it.

it could be a good advise ! Nod and I am keeping my fingers crossed it is ! I'll try after my job.

I have desinstall xbmc, reinstall xbmc 11 to see what happen. I keep english, no modification, just install my pictures database, and my five pictures.

It works !!!!

So it's a problem either my computer or my installation !!!!

I'm really sorry to bother you with my problem and the time you take to examine it !!!!

danke !!!! I'm very happy, Now I know I can install this addon, yessssss !!!!

[EDIT] Test in same conditions with Frodo RC3, it's good !
N'a pas d'importance.

Important is that it works now Smile
No log no help.
MyPicsDB Frodo and Eden Release Candidate

ATTENTION: Database update forces a re-scan of all pictures!

Main feature is the support of pictures on remote shares.

Attention new paths due to new versions!

Frodo download: https://github.com/Xycl/repository.xycl....p?raw=true [Path edited]
Eden download: https://github.com/Xycl/repository.xycl....-1.3.3.zip [Path edited]
or install my XBMC repository (only for Frodo) from signature and afterwards install latest MyPicsDB.

Changes:
  • Remote shares are supported.
  • Multi paths are supported.
  • Scanning can be cancelled by clicking on the close button of the scan dialog.
  • Initial tag translations are now part of the Transifex translations. Therefore sign up and translate tag types like category or keyword into your language (may take a bit until the new english language file is pushed to Transifex).
  • Language files from Transifex.
  • New logging introduced.

Bug:
  • Google Maps for geo tagged pictures still don't work due to bug in Frodo! If the devs aren't able to fix it then I'll decommission this feature.

If I don't get a bug report within the next week then I'll send a pull request to include the new version (without Google Maps) into the official XBMC Frodo add-on repository.
Suggestions for next version

Please tell your wishes Wink
  • MySQL support
  • Configurable menu items (important tag types on main menu like keyword or person)
  • Enhanced Filter Wizard
    • Load/save of filter settings (yes I didn't forget it)
    • Additionally support of directories, file names, collections and periods.
No log no help.
This is my wishlist

Dynamic filter including save/load feature. This means that after scanning/update database, the filters are re-queried against the new database. Please do not save the query-result in the database. Keep it dunamic.

A new screen saver based on MPD, where the dynamic (saved) filters van be used.

Show tag-info while showing the pictures. This should be configurable. Eg the number of lines and where the text will it be shown (upper/left or down/left). Which color is used for the text. And it must be configured by hand eg.
Line 1: year of datetime/original - City
Line 2: description

Using crop features. Eg. many pics are taken with digital cameras using the 16:9 ratio like the TV wide-screens. But when the pic is in portrait mode, then it is showed as a very very small pic. Using a crop factor of 1.3, the width of the picture can be changed.
Also the 4:3 pics in landscape mode, have black borders in the display. These can also be cropped.
Both crops 16:9/portrait and 4:3/landscape should be turned on/off from the config panel.

In the config panel a new feature can be implemented for skipping filenames. Eg XBMC uses folder.jpg as a Folder thumbnail and I suggest that these files are not scanned/added to the database.

In the main menu there should be an option for Geographical info. The Exif tags contain an hierarchy of Country , Province/State, City and Sub-location. Like de year – month – day drilldown, the Geographical info can be drilled down.
(2013-01-23, 11:27)mhdebokx Wrote: Dynamic filter including save/load feature. This means that after scanning/update database, the filters are re-queried against the new database. Please do not save the query-result in the database. Keep it dunamic.
Of course, that's what I meant with saving/loading filters. Saving the result set doesn't make sense.
(2013-01-23, 11:27)mhdebokx Wrote: A new screen saver based on MPD, where the dynamic (saved) filters van be used.
Because there is already a python screensaver (I think a saw one) it should be easy to "borrow" the already developed source code.
(2013-01-23, 11:27)mhdebokx Wrote: Show tag-info while showing the pictures. This should be configurable. Eg the number of lines and where the text will it be shown (upper/left or down/left). Which color is used for the text. And it must be configured by hand eg.

Using crop features. Eg. many pics are taken with digital cameras using the 16:9 ratio like the TV wide-screens. But when the pic is in portrait mode, then it is showed as a very very small pic. Using a crop factor of 1.3, the width of the picture can be changed.
Also the 4:3 pics in landscape mode, have black borders in the display. These can also be cropped.
Both crops 16:9/portrait and 4:3/landscape should be turned on/off from the config panel.

In the config panel a new feature can be implemented for skipping filenames. Eg XBMC uses folder.jpg as a Folder thumbnail and I suggest that these files are not scanned/added to the database.
No. I won't develop a skin for MyPicsDB like done for NaviX or Grooveshark Script.
(2013-01-23, 11:27)mhdebokx Wrote: In the main menu there should be an option for Geographical info. The Exif tags contain an hierarchy of Country , Province/State, City and Sub-location. Like de year – month – day drilldown, the Geographical info can be drilled down.
This can be done. But now it's a bit more tricky due to the tag translation feature and it's implicit tags consolidation.
But I would never introduced nested filter conditions in the Filter Wizard.

Everyone is welcome to fork my MyPicsDB github repo, amend the Filter Wizard or develop the skin mhdebokx asked for. Wink
No log no help.
Only issue I can see, which is minor, is that under Aeon Nox, the "Scanning" dialog appears 1/3rd across the top of the screen and the dialog is itself too small to display the text it's attempting to display. Is this a skin-only issue? All other add-ons seem to blend in With Nox seemlessly including dialog boxes.
I think it's a problem with script.module.dialogaddonscan.
The dialog is set to 720p. If Aeon Nox uses 1080i then there might be the reason.
No log no help.
(2013-01-23, 11:27)mhdebokx Wrote: Show tag-info while showing the pictures. This should be configurable. Eg the number of lines and where the text will it be shown (upper/left or down/left). Which color is used for the text. And it must be configured by hand eg.

No. I won't develop a skin for MyPicsDB like done for NaviX or Grooveshark Script.

Hmm, 3 request and only 1 answer Confused
This has nothing to do with skinning!
Hi,

Sorry if this is a daft question but I have been trying to get this resolved for hours..

I have a load of pictures and am using Picasa to add name tags to them using the face recognition functionality. When I open the add-on, I don't appear to have all the search by options specifically "Browse by persons" and "Browse by Geography". Both of which (in theory) have been set by Picasa and stored in the file (changing either results in an update file timestamp). I have everything selected in the add-on config so assume it is either because
1. I have done something stupid
2. it isn't picking the data up and therefore not showing the menu opton.

Even using the Filter Wizard or Browse by tags doesn't show either pieces of information.

I have tried on 1.2.9 on Frodo and latest 1.3.0 from your repository on Eden.

Please could someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Lee.
(2013-01-23, 23:09)mhdebokx Wrote: In the config panel a new feature can be implemented for skipping filenames. Eg XBMC uses folder.jpg as a Folder thumbnail and I suggest that these files are not scanned/added to the database.
You're right I missed the last one for skipping filenames. Makes sense for me.

But I don't know how to show tag infos while showing pictures without changing the skin our making my own skin.
And I don't know how to tell XBMC to use a crop factor without changing .....Blush

[EDIT]
That means an add-on cannot print on the screen. Instead it can set so called "InfoLabels".
Wether these are displayed or not is totally depending on the used skin and view.
E.g. Confluence has a picture view with thumbnails on the left and the selected picture on the right. Below the picture there are two Infolabels containing the resolution and the date/time which are set by MyPicsDB. But there a no Infolabels for the city or description.

(2013-01-24, 00:42)leenowell Wrote: I have a load of pictures and am using Picasa to add name tags to them using the face recognition functionality.

Normally Picasa stores the tags in it's database but not in the pictures.
Please use ExifTool to view the saved tags.
If you're sure that the tags are stored in the pictures then send me a PM.
No log no help.
Picasa stores tags and captions in the files unless the format does not allow it. Since recently it stores even name tags in the files if you check the right checkbox in the settings (look for "store name tags in photo"). It would be great if all these metadata could be used by MyPicsDB

http://support.google.com/picasa/answer/15055?hl=en&
http://support.google.com/picasa/answer/...ic=1689810
Do you know if its possible to recognize faces (not using picasa) and use it as tag in this add-on?
MyPicsDB recognizes XMP tags
  • MPRegTongueersonDisplayName
  • Iptc4xmpExtTongueersonInImage

MPRegTongueersonDisplayName can be set with Microsoft Picture Gallery.
(2013-01-30, 17:37)skriker Wrote: It would be great if all these metadata could be used by MyPicsDB

http://support.google.com/picasa/answer/15055?hl=en&
http://support.google.com/picasa/answer/...ic=1689810

The links doesn't contain any specification of the used tags.
I don't use Picasa and I won't install it just to determine the tags Picasa uses.

What I know is that Picasa introduced the next Person/People XMP tag instead of using the already existing ones.
No log no help.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1