• 123(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
@wsnipex:
Hehe, i also had written "Audio Engine" in my previous draft, but kept it out - cause AE bashing is done all over the place these times :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm not bashing anything here, just stating my personal opinion
@wsnipex:
I did not say, you are wrong in any point :p - same oppinion here - just look at the code.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-01-24, 14:54)fritsch Wrote: @wsnipex:
I did not say, you are wrong in any point :p - same oppinion here - just look at the code.

I did Smile The issue is not easy to fix as it seems, there were many tries.
(2013-01-24, 16:47)wsnipex Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 14:54)fritsch Wrote: @wsnipex:

I did Smile The issue is not easy to fix as it seems, there were many tries.

Will it be useful then to perform @fritsch suggestion for monitoring threads?

(2013-01-24, 09:52)fritsch Wrote: @schumi2004:
I am not quite sure :-) The only thing the DirtyRegion fliptimeout should do is a time t afterwards the screen is not flipped anymore, despite there is new stuff to Render. Idle usage has quite increased over Frodo Time, it was arround 3% in the past - you could have a look at the different threads and what they are currently doing - you can use htop or ps uH p <PID_OF_U_PROCESS> | wc -l to check - Quite curious.

As xbmc is a highly multithreaded application, one has to watch all of the threads to find what it is causing.
This is a 1 thread only command isn't it ?
Isn't there a command to view all threads as once?
@schumi2004:
the "H" means: show threads as they were processes, so - no, just drop the | wc -l as this one only counts.
For all with strange colors / brightnes problems, this is and fglrx feature called "Varibright". This changes the display brightness, therefore adjusting the color levels, which can be heavily disturbing.

To disable:
Code:
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-u32=MCIL,PP_UserVariBrightEnable,0
sudo service lightdm start
We're proud to announce the Xvba enabled Frodo stable package Smile
get it from the PPA while its still hot. Additionally a Frodo stable PPA is now available: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/xbmc-xvba-frodo

Special thanks to FernetMenta for all his hard work!
(2013-01-30, 11:02)wsnipex Wrote: We're proud to announce the Xvba enabled Frodo stable package Smile
get it from the PPA while its still hot. Additionally a Frodo stable PPA is now available: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/xbmc-xvba-frodo

Special thanks to FernetMenta for all his hard work!

ooh now it would be *logical* for me to switch to that from the -testing ppa wouldn't it?

But where's the fun in that? I mean, it would have been logical not to have upgraded to raring too already... Wink
Rachel, so you're the one that downloaded the raring build Tongue
Would be ok to install XBMCbuntu from http://xbmc.org/download/, remove 'their' XBMC, add wsnipex PPA and install Xvba Frodo this way?
I mean - would this be the easiest way to get XBMCbuntu with Xvba ?
@jannk:
Yes - that is a possible way to go.
I thought the xbmcbuntu amd iso already used the wsnipex repo? Perhaps not.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It used to - approx 6 months ago. After wsnipex started to help the official xbmcbuntu guys, he revived the "mainline ppa" and since then xbmcbuntu was build with mainline packages again (<- this is roughly the story).

So there is wsnipex packages in, but not wsnipex xvba packages :-)
Hi,
What is the git source fork/branch for the Frodo release XVBA? I am still playing with/learning patching interlaced rendering. Nice to work on the latest stable code. The OP updates/pulls RC3.
TIA G
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23