• 6(current)
IOS 6.1 jailbroken
(2013-02-07, 18:17)Memphiz Wrote:
(2013-02-07, 16:31)rickwookie Wrote: Sorry Memphiz, I was being sarcastic in my previous post! I do have my iPad mini on iOS 6.1 (since it came with 6!) and my iPhone 4S is now on iOS6.1 thanks to evasi0n, but I checked here BEFORE updating my iPad 2, which is what I run XBMC on. So that's still actually on iOS 5.1.1.

Are we thinking HW decoding is actually working after all? My wife will kill me if I update the iPad 2 and bork her XBMC!

Don't know what you want to tell me? Just look at all these posts - they all claim that hw decoding is working fine on ios6.1 - so whats your point again with ios5.1?

I'm not making a point. I was asking a question. Does hardware decoding work on iOS 6.x? I see the claims here (anecdotal evidence) but I wondered what the 'official line' was, since updating iOS is a one-way process! You were indicating previously that it would NOT work due to OS changes. Has that position changed? i.e. have any devs tested it to confirm one way or another?

Thanks.
Try it yourself
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hardware decoding is working under iOS 6, but that doesn't necessarily mean there will be no issues with iOS 6. We originally thought iOS 6 was going to break hardware decoding, but when the jailbreak finally came out and we were able to test it, we were able to confirm that it was actually still working. I have personally tested and confirmed this on my iPhone 4 (non S) and iPad 4.
(2013-02-10, 13:28)Martijn Wrote: Try it yourself

As I pointed out, iOS updates are not reversible, so that's quite a risky suggestion isn't it? Going from a working iOS 5.x xbmc to a potentially never fixable broken iOS 6.x one?
(2013-02-10, 00:00)Usulsuspct Wrote: So I am a bit confused. I see some mentions that hw decodimg is working in 6.1. Is that in the released 12 frodo or does that require a nightly? I have tried frodo final on both my ipad 2 and ipad 4 and playback seems a but choppy. Worse so than my atv2 with a crystal decoder.

I am streaming all of my content over wifi (5ghz) Nfs mounted - I guess I could copy something locally to test network issues although I can't imagine that's an issue.

Is there a simple way to verify that decoding is working or do I need to gather a debug log? What do I look for if I do pull a log?

Thanks,

Enable debug logging (Settings -> System -> Debugging -> Enable debug logging) and look for this in your debug log (wiki):

Code:
FactoryCodec - Video: vtb - Opening
(2013-02-10, 13:41)rickwookie Wrote:

As I pointed out, iOS updates are not reversible, so that's quite a risky suggestion isn't it? Going from a working iOS 5.x xbmc to a potentially never fixable broken iOS 6.x one?

So don't do it
Martjin - welcome in the ios forums - you need to bear with people who like to jump newest apple trains - thats how it works here Wink Just let them jump ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That's what i suggested in the first place Wink

Guess they prefer that others jump first Rofl
(2013-02-10, 13:40)Ned Scott Wrote: Hardware decoding is working under iOS 6, but that doesn't necessarily mean there will be no issues with iOS 6. We originally thought iOS 6 was going to break hardware decoding, but when the jailbreak finally came out and we were able to test it, we were able to confirm that it was actually still working. I have personally tested and confirmed this on my iPhone 4 (non S) and iPad 4.

Thanks for your genuinely helpful and honest response. That's all I was trying to ascertain really.
(2013-02-10, 14:20)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 13:41)rickwookie Wrote:

So don't do it

Yeah, or, ask in a helpful forum where there are devs that have a better clue than my wild guess what the likelihood is of HW decoding working, after the initial advice to stay away from iOS 6 seemed to be in dispute by early adopters.
Is there any reason why I shouldn't upgrade to 12.0 final From memphiz 12.0 aha 7 build?!

Io6.1
depends what memphiz a7 build was built for (don't know which one you mean - if i have done the build it might have some testcode in it which either made it or made it not into frodo).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-02-12, 00:34)Memphiz Wrote: depends what memphiz a7 build was built for (don't know which one you mean - if i have done the build it might have some testcode in it which either made it or made it not into frodo).

The build linked from this topic. Originally reported tomorrow with Hw decoding.
(2013-02-12, 00:34)Memphiz Wrote: depends what memphiz a7 build was built for (don't know which one you mean - if i have done the build it might have some testcode in it which either made it or made it not into frodo).

This was your build with the experimental OpenGL changes to allow 1080p video to be displayed without downscaling. You said it couldn't get into
Frodo because it required the iOS 5.x SDK and Frodo was still targetting 4.x
Thats the answer then - you will Loose exactly that when going to Frodo final...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IOS 6.1 jailbroken0