Best external player to use??
Question 
Can somebody point me in the right direction of the best player to use in xbmc android please?

Ive got a MyGiga 510b box and using the latest xaf build of xbmc. Have been using mx player but it randomly keeps changing itself from h/w to s/w decoding and then starts films from the beginning again which is very frustrating!

Any help gratefully received :-)
XBMC on your box can do hardware decoding without an external player, so why on earth are you using one?
Simply because the player stutters and takes a very long time to buffer which is annoying lol
(2013-02-17, 20:41)si777 Wrote: Simply because the player stutters and takes a very long time to buffer which is annoying lol

you are not using hardware decoding Smile
How do I do that then?
Uninstall the XAF version (really! before you install the other!) and install this one:

http://www.pivosforums.com/XIOS_DS/XBMC/...012913.zip
Thank you! Really appreciate your help Smile
Tried that one out and installed fusion and a few add ons ok but every time I play something it keeps coming out of xbmc and goes back to the last android app I used. What am I doing wrongHuh
using an external player in the 1st place Smile
Is there a way I can fix this please? Maybe restore to factory and do a fresh install of the mygiga firmware? I'm stumped Sad

And regarding Installing external player, I was only following bad advice from people on the futeko forum Sad
First a question to you. Do want to run your box simply as an xbmc media player or android with apps + xbmc?
Purely xbmc is my main aim but just to get it working would be a massive bonus
OK, read this thread... http://www.futeko.com/forum/index.php?mo...ad&id=6294

Use the links within the thread and install Linux/xbmc... this will get you to a much smoother running box.
Which thread??
Use the link in my post #13..... this will provide the links to download the s/w and explain how to do the install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best external player to use??0