• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
(2013-02-13, 21:06)Cocotus Wrote: OK it works now!
I misunderstood that you have to name the moviesetimages like [COLLECTION NAME]-folder.jpg (or in my case [COLLECTION NAME]-folder.png) and [COLLECTION NAME]-fanart.jpg.
Not a big problem and easily done with tools like Bulk Renamer. Smile

Now the only problem is, that if one of my movies in movieset is in VIDEO_TS structure it won't find the art.

If you are using a single artwork folder, it shouldn't care about the folder structure of the movies at all. Have you double checked the set name in the nfo file? If it seems to match, send me the log for when it is processing the movie set containing a movie with a VIDEO_TS structure.
(2013-02-13, 22:32)trentf Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 21:06)Cocotus Wrote: OK it works now!
I misunderstood that you have to name the moviesetimages like [COLLECTION NAME]-folder.jpg (or in my case [COLLECTION NAME]-folder.png) and [COLLECTION NAME]-fanart.jpg.
Not a big problem and easily done with tools like Bulk Renamer. Smile

Now the only problem is, that if one of my movies in movieset is in VIDEO_TS structure it won't find the art.

If you are using a single artwork folder, it shouldn't care about the folder structure of the movies at all. Have you double checked the set name in the nfo file? If it seems to match, send me the log for when it is processing the movie set containing a movie with a VIDEO_TS structure.

Thanks for qucik reply, will check now...
Wink 
Released a new version. It contains a fix for the issue Cocotus was seeing where some sets are assigned no artwork by xbmc on import, and I have added the feature MilhouseVH requested for movies under the same folder name but in different paths.
Excellent work, many thanks for that!

I installed 0.1.6 and all seems well. Now you just need to get this into a standard repository which will make installation and updates easier! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
That's a cool add-on! I just tried it the first time on Frodo with MySQL and it worked really well. The only small thing: It seems it cannot handle special (allowed) characters in the filenames, e.g. German "Umlaute".

11:46:40 T:6904 NOTICE: [MovieSets] Yes, json use speedup Smile
11:46:40 T:6904 NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - ############################################################
11:46:40 T:6904 NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - # Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo) #
11:46:40 T:6904 NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - # script.moviesetart #
11:46:40 T:6904 NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - # Trent Fitzgibbon #
11:46:40 T:6904 NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - # 0.1.6 #
11:46:40 T:6904 NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - # #
11:46:40 T:6904 NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - # Thanks to Frost (passion-xbmc.org) for example #
11:46:40 T:6904 NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - # code used in this addon #
11:46:40 T:6904 NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - ############################################################
11:46:44 T:6904 NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Updating artwork for Movie Sets
11:46:44 T:6904 NOTICE: Unexpected error:
11:46:44 T:6904 NOTICE: (<type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>, UnicodeDecodeError('ascii', 'Zur\xc3\xbcck in die Zukunft Trilogie-folder.jpg', 3, 4, 'ordinal not in range(128)'), <traceback object at 0x1156C490>)
11:47:02 T:6904 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 3: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Stefan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviesetart.frodo\default.py", line 278, in <module>
found_artwork_count, db_update_count = update_movie_sets(overwrite)
File "C:\Users\Stefan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviesetart.frodo\default.py", line 112, in update_movie_sets
find_images_lenient(file_map, artwork_folder_path, recurse_artwork_folder)
File "C:\Users\Stefan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviesetart.frodo\default.py", line 51, in find_images_lenient
full_path = os.path.join(base, filename)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\ntpath.py", line 101, in join
path += b
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 3: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2013-02-17, 12:53)_ak1_ Wrote: That's a cool add-on! I just tried it the first time on Frodo with MySQL and it worked really well. The only small thing: It seems it cannot handle special (allowed) characters in the filenames, e.g. German "Umlaute".

I have made a fix to the path handling to support unicode chars in filenames found in the single artwork folder (0.1.7). My XBMC install seems to drop those characters from the set name during import anyway, so you could just leave them out of the artwork files as well. But if you choose not to, it should still find a match as anything not ASCII alphanumeric is not used in the <set name> / <filename> comparison.
gonna test this addon out tonight as It's what I've been looking for for handling artwork with sets.

This is just a personal request, but how hard would it be for it to look for artwork using option 2 of your main post
(2013-01-27, 04:44)trentf Wrote: Example using common folders (movies stored in own folders under set folder)
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\fanart.jpg
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\folder.jpg
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\Alien\Alien (1979) [BDRip] [1080p] [q18] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\Aliens\Aliens (1986) [BDRip] [1080p] [q20] [FLAC].mkv
but instead find images named
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\Alien Anthology-fanart.jpg
\Blu-ray\Alien Anthology\Alien Anthology-poster.jpg

I'm trying to upgrade all the artwork in my library to the new frodo convention of <name>-poster.jpg, <name>-fanart.jpg, etc...
(2013-02-20, 23:55)Zxurian Wrote: gonna test this addon out tonight as It's what I've been looking for for handling artwork with sets.

This is just a personal request, but how hard would it be for it to look for artwork using option 2 of your main post
(2013-01-27, 04:44)trentf Wrote: Example using common folders (movies stored in own folders under set folder)

I'm trying to upgrade all the artwork in my library to the new frodo convention of <name>-poster.jpg, <name>-fanart.jpg, etc...

Hi, I am not sure that is the advised naming convention in Frodo. You can name files like that and I believe you could also do that in Eden, but I think most people prefer using poster.jpg/fanart.jpg when movies are stored in their own folders.
according to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_Frodo.3F
since Frodo supports both posters & banners for displaying, the new convention of -poster.jpg or -banner.jpg was put in.

I was going to dig into the addon myself to see if I can change it to pick up this naming convention manually, just wondered if it would be possible to turn it into an option.
(2013-02-21, 01:13)trentf Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 23:55)Zxurian Wrote: gonna test this addon out tonight as It's what I've been looking for for handling artwork with sets.

Hi, I am not sure that is the advised naming convention in Frodo. You can name files like that and I believe you could also do that in Eden, but I think most people prefer using poster.jpg/fanart.jpg when movies are stored in their own folders.

It can already do this...all my artwork is named <name>-poster.jpg, <name>-fanart.jpg and it picks it up just fine

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-02-21, 01:47)Zxurian Wrote: according to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_Frodo.3F
since Frodo supports both posters & banners for displaying, the new convention of -poster.jpg or -banner.jpg was put in.

I was going to dig into the addon myself to see if I can change it to pick up this naming convention manually, just wondered if it would be possible to turn it into an option.

While Frodo does support it, that convention is stated as being for "movies not in folders". You are using separate folders, so the prefix is unnecessary. Also you are talking about movie sets, which have no naming convention whatsoever.

(2013-02-21, 02:26)saitoh183 Wrote: It can already do this...all my artwork is named <name>-poster.jpg, <name>-fanart.jpg and it picks it up just fine

It's supported when using a single artwork folder, but he is wanting to use the common folder mode where you configure what filenames to search for (defaults are folder.jpg and fanart.jpg), but then wanting it to also use a dynamic prefix.

If others request this feature I can add it, but for now you might want to just hack the addon yourself.
This works perfect for me. I had not 1 error on a total of 94movie sets. Just make sure you give your jpg's the exact same name as the collection name (mostly the name from themoviedb.org) and run the add-ons
I got all my movies like this
Code:
D:\ HD Movies \ Alien (1979) \ Alien.mkv
D:\ HD Movies \ Alien Resurrection (1997) \ Alien Resurrection.mkv
D:\ HD Movies \ Alien³ (1992) \ Alien³.mkv
D:\ HD Movies \ Aliens (1986) \ Aliens.mkv

And i got my fanart + background folder like this
Code:
H:\ Pictures \ XBMC \ Movie sets \ Alliens Anthology-folder.jpg
H:\ Pictures \ XBMC \ Movie sets \ Alliens Anthology-fanart.jpg

So a big thx to the author, 'cause this was something i was looking for the last 6 months.
(2013-02-26, 13:20)Stampertje Wrote: This works perfect for me. I had not 1 error on a total of 94movie sets. Just make sure you give your jpg's the exact same name as the collection name (mostly the name from themoviedb.org) and run the add-ons

So a big thx to the author, 'cause this was something i was looking for the last 6 months.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I originally just wrote this for personal use, so it is nice to hear it was worth sharing with the xbmc community.
Np. I don't know anything about python codec, so the only thing i could do was this.

Dutch language file
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<strings>
  <string id="32000">Artwork locatie</string>
  <string id="32001">Zoeken naar een gemeenschappelijke bovenliggende map inschakelen</string>
  <string id="32002">Algemene artwork folder voor alle sets inschakelen</string>
  <string id="32003">    Pad naar algemene artwork folder</string>
  <string id="32019">    Onderliggende folder opnemen</string>
  <string id="32004">Ja</string>
  <string id="32005">Nee</string>
  <string id="32006">Filmset artwork updaten</string>
  <string id="32007">Filmset: </string>
  <string id="32008">Update video database met laatste filmset artwork?</string>
  <string id="32009">Compleet</string>
  <string id="32010">Film: </string>
  <string id="32011">Geen filmset gevonden! Voeg set tags toe aan nfo bestanden</string>
  <string id="32012">Niets te doen! Schakel één of meer artwork bronnen in</string>
  <string id="32013">Artwork gevonden voor %d sets, %d database updates gedaan</string>
  <string id="32014">Dit script vereist dat XBMC Web Server is ingeschakeld</string>
  <string id="32015">Folders</string>
  <string id="32016">Bestandsnamen</string>
  <string id="32017">Thumbnail</string>
  <string id="32018">Fanart</string>
</strings>
trentf Wrote:While Frodo does support it, that convention is stated as being for "movies not in folders". You are using separate folders, so the prefix is unnecessary. Also you are talking about movie sets, which have no naming convention whatsoever.

I use a Single Artwork Folder (If Gotham or some other future build adds a naming convention for movie set artwork, having it all waiting in one folder will makes things easier to move to the new convention). And everything with MSAA works perfectly that way.

But to help with some of the confusion about the Frodo naming conventions....
Despite what the Wiki might say, while the prefix is required for movies in folders (poster.jpg obviously won't work), by observing it's behavior XBMC also prefers it used for movies in folders.
For example, if you use poster.jpg with movies in folders and then do an export to separate files, you'll end up with poster.jpg and <Movie Name>-poster.jpg in the movie folder. If you then refresh the movie info or rescrape the library, XBMC will read the <Movie Name>-poster.jpg and ignore poster.jpg.

DanCooper put together a nice table of the "Frodo compliant" naming convention based on testing what Frodo exports and prioritizes when scraping existing folders.
Here's his chart (Google translated from German to English with minor edits by me for TOS compliance on other forums):

Single Movie File:
<Movie Name> (Film Folder)
-------> <Movie Name>.avi
-------> <Movie Name>.nfo
-------> <Movie Name>-poster.jpg
-------> <Movie Name>-fanart.jpg
-------> <Movie Name>-trailer.avi

-------> .actors (Subfolder of movie Folder)
-------> -------> FirstName_LastName.jpg

-------> extrathumbs (Subfolder of movie Folder)
-------> -------> thumb1.jpg
-------> -------> thumb2.jpg

Movies with multiple files:
-------> <Movie Name> CD1.avi
-------> <Movie Name> CD2.avi
-------> <Movie Name>.nfo
-------> <Movie Name>-poster.jpg
-------> <Movie Name>-fanart.jpg
-------> <Movie Name>-trailer.avi

With VIDEO_TS files in movie folder:
-------> VIDEO_TS.IFO (and all other DVD files)
-------> VIDEO_TS.nfo
-------> poster.jpg
-------> fanart.jpg
-------> VIDEO_TS-trailer.avi

With VIDEO_TS being a subfolder of the movie folder:
-------> poster.jpg
-------> fanart.jpg

-------> VIDEO_TS (Subfolder of movie Folder)
-------> -------> VIDEO_TS.IFO (and all other DVD files)
-------> -------> VIDEO_TS.nfo
-------> -------> VIDEO_TS-trailer.avi

-------> -------> .actors (Subfolder of VIDEO_TS)
-------> -------> ------->FirstName_LastName.jpg

-------> -------> extrathumbs (Subfolder of VIDEO_TS)
-------> -------> -------> thumb1.jpg
-------> -------> -------> thumb2.jpg

With BDMV Folder (BluRay):
-------> poster.jpg
-------> fanart.jpg

-------> BDMV (Subfolder of movie Folder)
-------> -------> index.bdmv
-------> -------> index.nfo
-------> -------> index-trailer.avi

-------> -------> .actors (Subfolder of BDMV)
-------> -------> ------->FirstName_LastName.jpg

-------> -------> extrathumbs (Subfolder of BDMV)
-------> -------> -------> thumb1.jpg
-------> -------> -------> thumb2.jpg

-------> -------> STREAM (Subfolder of BDMV)
-------> -------> -------> 00000.m2ts (Consecutively Numbered Files)

-------> CERTIFICATE (Subfolder of movie Folder)
-------> -------> Original Files
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6