• 206(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-03-01, 16:27)blondeshanks Wrote: Hi,

Just trying EMM 1.3.0.10 and trailer downloading appears to still not work as I am still getting an empty list on available formats?

Any help appreciated, or if any other info required please let me know

Thanks

The trailer is offline, check the Link.

(2013-03-01, 16:39)Randall Lind Wrote: What's the point of fanart.tv for movies only? When enable movies says nothing found.

Have you seen the well-read, red notice "Images from TMDB only get"?

(2013-03-01, 16:45)steve1977 Wrote: First of all, thanks for keeping Ember alive. Thanks! One question:

(2013-02-28, 23:17)DanCooper Wrote: added: Trakt.tv Playcount Sync (Settings->Miscellaneuos) thx to cocotus

Any chance to have ember sync movie collection with trakt and not only the playcount?

Also, what exactly does the playcount sync does?

You can use the trakt.tv plugin in XBMC to sync what you have watched and sync back to Ember to mark the movies and (tv shows?) as watched.
(2013-03-01, 16:48)CaptainKen Wrote: I have confirmed the following:on 3 PC's. One is my laptop with Win7 Pro SP1 that was an existing install of v1.3.09. The other 2 are PC's with fresh installs of Windows XP Pro SP2 and all updates. No other programs including EMM are installed.

If EMM is installed with the Frodo options checked, then movies with <movie>-fanart.jpg and <movie>-poster.jpg are the only ones it sees artwork for. So it does not see artwork for fanart.jpg or poster.jpg. If after completing the wizard I enable poster.jpg and fanart.jpg as well, then artwork for all movies shows up. If I then click Update Library all artwork is still showing. However, if I then F5 Refresh on ANY movie regardless of <movie> or not, then just the main fanart disappears.

However, if EMM is installed without using the Frodo setting, then no missing artwork.

Bulk Renamer will only list movies the EMM recognizes fanart for.

Actors are not being scraped regardless of settings.

As reported earlier Export Movie List has issues with the Source Folder Filter not working and with New and Reset buttons unusable.

Also as another user reported none of the fanart images are checked by default when scrapping, were with v1.3.0.9 and earlier they were.

That's the way Ember works!
Ember recognizes only the images that are named like they are set in the settings. If you have set "poster.jpg" Ember looking for "poster.jpg", if you have set "poster.tbn" Ember looking for "poster.tbn". If you have more than one selected, Ember tried to find at least one of them.
F5 rescan the folder and checks all the files if they match the settings.

Bulk Renamer need only a nfo (respectively a database entry) to list the movie.

Actor thumbs and actors only be scrapped if activated. This works perfect.

Another use has solve the problem with a fresh installation of Ember.

... and btw, the source filter work also.
Hi,

Over the years my NFO files have been scraped with various version of Ember, and perhaps a few with Media Companion and this has resulted in a mixture of information in my trailer nodes. Where possible I download local trailers and store in each separate movie folder alongside the movie (<movie>-trailer.ext).

Here is an example of the types of information in my trailer nodes:
Code:
<trailer>M:\We Own the Night (2007)\We Own the Night (2007)-trailer.mov</trailer>
Code:
<trailer>http://www.totaleclips.com/Player/Bounce.aspx?eclipid=e25085&bitrateid=472&vendorid=102&type=.mp4</trailer>
Code:
<trailer>rtmp://amazonimdb.fcod.llnwd.net/a2643/o25/s/theaters/MV5/BMT/U5M/DIwMV5BMTU5MDIwNDYxMV5BNl5BZmx2XkFtZTcwMjc4OTYzNg4040?e=1319573908&h=1c79eb67b9972a86e18416f271004369</trailer>

So to my question:
Does XMBC read this trailer node when it imports movies? I usually map my NAS box to the drive letter M: but should the trailer node really contain a drive letter? This would mean ensuring the NAS is mapped to the same drive letter on your XBMC device, *and* the Windows computer you run Ember on. I do this anyway, but is this correct behaviour? Or does XMBC look for a trailer in the local folder and if it finds one ignores the trailer node in the nfo?

And another question. The scraping of trailers is confusing not least because there are about 50 trailer tickboxes and options Rofl :
Under:
Movies > Scrapers - Data > "Scraper Fields - Global" box/pane: the trailer tickbox is checked.
Movies > Scrapers - Data > Ember Native Movie Scrapers > "Scraper Fields - Scraper Specific" box/pane: the trailer tickbox is checked.
Movies > Scrapers - Images & Trailers > "Trailers" box/pane: the "Enable trailer support" tickbox is unchecked.
Movies > Scrapers - Images & Trailers > Ember Native Movie Scrapers > "Trailers" box/pane: enable trailer support is unchecked.

This is on a new download of Ember 1.3.10.

When I scrape a single new movie using these settings (delete nfo, reload movie, right click and rescrape), the trailer node is populated. Should it be if the above boxes are unticked? I'm not sure what's going on exactly. It's being added to the nfo even though two checkboxes are unticked?

Thanks again for all your hard work Dan Smile

EDIT: Suspect the two additional checkboxes control the DOWNLOAD of trailers only? Although the "only get URLs when scraping" option seems to conflict with this.
@ DanCooper

Thanks Dan for checking trailers. I must admit I started to check my older films for trailers and never assumed they wouldn't be available to download... especially as EMM was giving me a link.

I have just tried it with some of my newer films and everything okay.

Thanks to everyone who is involved in keeping this amazing software updated, it's much appreciated
(2013-03-01, 17:31)blondeshanks Wrote: @ DanCooper

Thanks Dan for checking trailers. I must admit I started to check my older films for trailers and never assumed they wouldn't be available to download... especially as EMM was giving me a link.

I have just tried it with some of my newer films and everything okay.

Thanks to everyone who is involved in keeping this amazing software updated, it's much appreciated

The Links are saved on TMDB. I think TMDB don't check if the Trailer is online.
wow , lots of questions LSmile

quick reply for dan - i dont have any boxee info in my setup at all.
literally a fresh install , click the frodos, ( tv, movie) and add my sources

ill peek in the UI for anything, but since its empty , im sure it gets ignored.

MC has support for/( or just does it) scraping with both tvdb and imdb which i assume my dual ids are coming from , and i kinda like it , since if one goes or isnt avail , it still has something to scrape on.

i posted in ME forum that it changing the genre there trashes both ids leaving 0 to id the show
(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1352259)
(2013-03-01, 08:13)Suprnaut Wrote: Great update so far. Still doesn't fix my issue though Sad When I generate a website with Cocotus's v 1.70 template it looks amazing, but it doesn't seem to be able to sort by newest first yet. When I click on it gives me a seemingly random list.

I will look into it, maybe it's just a fault in my javascript template code. Will post results later Wink
(2013-03-01, 18:33)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 08:13)Suprnaut Wrote: Great update so far. Still doesn't fix my issue though Sad When I generate a website with Cocotus's v 1.70 template it looks amazing, but it doesn't seem to be able to sort by newest first yet. When I click on it gives me a seemingly random list.

I will look into it, maybe it's just a fault in my javascript template code. Will post results later Wink

Thanks. I would be so happy if you could get this to work.

I assumed the date issue was related to the feature request roadmapped for 3.1.1
http://ember.purplepig.net/issues/6
(2013-03-01, 18:11)strikervi Wrote: wow , lots of questions LSmile

quick reply for dan - i dont have any boxee info in my setup at all.
literally a fresh install , click the frodos, ( tv, movie) and add my sources

ill peek in the UI for anything, but since its empty , im sure it gets ignored.

MC has support for/( or just does it) scraping with both tvdb and imdb which i assume my dual ids are coming from , and i kinda like it , since if one goes or isnt avail , it still has something to scrape on.

i posted in ME forum that it changing the genre there trashes both ids leaving 0 to id the show
(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1352259)

Sorry, I do not understand your problem. My English is not so good and you mixed genres here with boxee id's.
Please specify your question clearly Big Grin
<bug>
Ember does not detect local trailers that have a .mov extension
</bug>
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
(2013-03-01, 18:45)Suprnaut Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 18:33)Cocotus Wrote:

I assumed the date issue was related to the feature request roadmapped for 3.1.1

For sorting I used the DateAdded value of each movie in Ember - this value represents the date when you added the movie to the database. This means if you deleted or rebuild your Ember database, the datestamps will be resetted. I had this problem before: I deleted my complete Ember database, then scanned my movie collection again and then and all dates were the same - thats why it seems that the sort function don't work, because all dates are the same.

To avoid that, we could save the DateAdded value to the nfo of each movie so even when you rebuild your Ember database it will have/use the old values.
(2013-03-01, 19:43)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 18:45)Suprnaut Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 18:33)Cocotus Wrote: I will look into it, maybe it's just a fault in my javascript template code. Will post results later Wink

For sorting I used the DateAdded value of each movie in Ember - this value represents the date when you added the movie to the database. This means if you deleted or rebuild your Ember database, the datestamps will be resetted. I had this problem before: I deleted my complete Ember database, then scanned my movie collection again and then and all dates were the same - thats why it seems that the sort function don't work, because all dates are the same.

To avoid that, we could save the DateAdded value to the nfo of each movie so even when you rebuild your Ember database it will have/use the old values.

Ok, I used a powershell script to change all the modified dates of the folders to set it to the oldest file inside the directory. This fixed the date issue with Ember. So now when I import and filter based on date it is correct. That doesn't translate to the website.

Is there an automated way to add the date to the nfos?

Also I tried removing the 20 newest movies from the folder prior to running ember. I then ran a movie export to html. Then I added the 20 movies back into the folder, rescanned with Ember, and re-exported. That didn't work either. It still showed a random order when I click on Newest Files.
Can some one tell me how to setup TMDB? It doesn't seem to find any movies for me.
The year specified in the movie filenames don't seem to be used when scraping. Secondly, when there is not an exact match (because the year doesn't seem to be used), I can't see which file it is currently scraping so I don't know which match is actually the right one. So, that sounds confusing, so here is one example:

I have the following filenames that I am attempting to bulk scrape (with a bunch of others):
Alice in Wonderland (1933).avi
Alice in Wonderland (1951).mp4
Alice in Wonderland (1966).mp4
Alice in Wonderland (2010).mkv

All of these show up in EMM as "Alice in Wonderland" and none get an exact match. So, I guess I have a couple of problems that are all related.

1) Is there a way to get the year to be pulled from the input filename to make for an exact match? (This would mean that it wouldn't need my intervention)
2) Since the year isn't pulled from the input filename I have to pick the correct entry, the problem is that EMM doesn't show me the name of the file that I am trying to choose metadata for, so I don't know which entry to choose.
3) Is there an option that I can enable to use the year from the filename?
4) Am I doing something wrong? Big Grin
Put them all in different folders with the same name as the file
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26