• 55(current)
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
That would be tricky. I would try to mount one and test with that, once working one can look into other things but always start with simple and move on from there.
Why doesn't streaming work?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well read the thread for why you may run into an issue with streaming (especially as it sounds like you are using a newer myth backend). Point is streaming is an added complication so when you are trying to run mythbox on something of an unsupported platform start simple and then work up the features. That way when something doesn't work you know where to start debugging.
I tried searching here with this string "could not be mapped to a backend" and got 10 pages of hits. Google searching with the a string like (site:forum.xbmc.org could not be mapped to a backend) doesn't work very well as it searches all threads at forums.xbmc.org.

I added quotes around the ("could not be... ") part and didn't get any direct hits. So I'm going to assume I am not repeating a question asked before here:

---

I still have not been able to play back any recordings. I have been monitoring /var/log/xbmc.log and I believe this to be the initial problem entry:

14:19:16 T:2888377408 ERROR: db.py:217 | MainThread | Host backendmachine could not be mapped to a backend. Returning master backend localhost.localdomain instead.

I do not run a router capable of resolving machine names to IP addresses. That is, all my machines only know of each other's names by using their local copy of an /etc/hosts file populated with names and IP addresses. So, I figured what's good for Debian and Fedora is good for mythbox. I populated the /etc/hosts file on the raspberry pi, rebooted and pinged the machine named backendmachine. It worked!

But I still get the above error in the /var/log/xbmc.log file.

So I checked the GENERAL page in the mythtv-setup application of the master mythtv backend. I did not use the computer's name "backendmachine". I only saw the IP address "192.168....".

I looked at the python code for mythbox. I'm not a python programmer and can't really figure out where master.hostname is set or used. I only found where the error is printed out. So I am confused what to do next.

-thanks for any help.

BTW, I run a master back end and a slave back end. And I verified that the requested recording exists on the master back end.

---------------------------------
edit: added later...

Quote: mythbox has an option to stream from the backend or pull the recordings from a local file share mount, make sure to use the second.

I just realized what you meant by that. You want us to NFS export the recordings from the back ends and mount them on the raspberry pi. Gee, in my set-up, not only do recordings exist on multiple partitions and HDDs, they also exist on multiple back ends. I'll end up with 3, 4 maybe 6 different directories of recordings from two different machines on my raspberry pi.
Start simple simple simple then work up.
Use an NFS or samba mount.
Do not have it resolve your backend give it an IP.
Just try to play a locally mounted recording.

Essentially try to remove all possible complexity.

Once you have something working slowly add things from there it will make troubleshooting far easier.
not sure what I am doing wrong, but when I bring up Mythbox and open "Watch TV" or "TV Guide"
I get the following error.
Code:
global name 'offset' is not defined

I am running MythTV backend .25 and I downloaded the latest version of mythbox from https://github.com/mitchcapper/mythbox due to the protocol error I got from using the version via XBMC's add-ons

I tried Mythbox on 2 machines connecting to the same MythTV backend server (one via xbmcubuntu and one osx). I am using schedule's direct to populate the mythtv backend database. I can use the MythTv PVR client with no issues, but I dont want to use that client, so I removed it.

I made sure that the "offset" set for XMLTV in the MythTV backend was set to MST (-0700) and I tried "AUTO" but I get the same error.

I have tried to uninstall mythbox a couple times and I did the install from zip to get the latest version of mythbox

I can't seem to find a error that comes close to this error when doing a search.

Any ideas?
Thanks for the details on what you tried, can you post the entire xbmc.log file to pastebin for when you try to go to TV Guide? Thanks.
(2013-03-08, 02:13)mitch.capper Wrote: Thanks for the details on what you tried, can you post the entire xbmc.log file to pastebin for when you try to go to TV Guide? Thanks.

xbmc.log via pastebin
Fixed that bug try to pull the latest version and see if its fixed for you.
(2013-03-08, 02:51)mitch.capper Wrote: Fixed that bug try to pull the latest version and see if its fixed for you.

that worked, I can now pull up the guide and watch tv with no errors. I rebooted just to make sure, no issues

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, simple simple...

I copied some mythtv recordings to a thumb drive and found to my embarrassment that my keys were missing. From what I can tell if I add the keys a pop up comes up asking me to update where upon the keys are lost. I repeated this cycle at least twice until is sunk in.

So, raspbmc can play back mythtv videos. Next I'll have to try to mount a NFS share. But I've run out of time for the moment. In the mean time I still get the "name" resolution ERROR in my /var/log/xbmc.log file:
Quote:Host backendmachine could not be mapped to a backend. Returning master backend localhost.localdomain instead.
Is the streaming just not going to work then? Or is there something I can do to get rid of this error? I am sure I entered an IP into mythbox when setting up the mythbox/mysql screen. I don't know where it got the name my myth master backend server. Ideas?

-thanks
MythBox is far superior to the current PVR frontend functionality in the 12.1 Frodo release of XBMC. I appreciate you taking the time to keep it running. I searched the forum, but didn't find a definitive answer to this question: Is commercial skipping currently working/supported by MythBox? I am currently running XBMC 12.1, MythTV Backend 0.26, cmyth 1.6.9 (Mythtv PVR plugin), and the latest version of your plugin downloaded via the "zip" button from github. MythBox doesn't allow me to "Play + Skip" the recorded programs I have (that button is greyed out). It says comm flag is "None" when looking at the recorded program information. Mythweb confirms commercials have been flagged in these programs, and mythutil --getskiplist also confirms that there are Commerical Skip Lists for these programs. Is there something I am missing, or is this a known issue?
(2013-04-02, 16:40)apippin Wrote: MythBox is far superior to the current PVR frontend functionality in the 12.1 Frodo release of XBMC. I appreciate you taking the time to keep it running. I searched the forum, but didn't find a definitive answer to this question: Is commercial skipping currently working/supported by MythBox? I am currently running XBMC 12.1, MythTV Backend 0.26, cmyth 1.6.9 (Mythtv PVR plugin), and the latest version of your plugin downloaded via the "zip" button from github. MythBox doesn't allow me to "Play + Skip" the recorded programs I have (that button is greyed out). It says comm flag is "None" when looking at the recorded program information. Mythweb confirms commercials have been flagged in these programs, and mythutil --getskiplist also confirms that there are Commerical Skip Lists for these programs. Is there something I am missing, or is this a known issue?

MythBox has been around for a lot longer than the PVR frontend functionality, so I'm not surprised that it's more mature. But the new Myth PVR add-on does have an active community working on it and I expect the holes in functionality to be fixed fairly soon. One missing feature in the PVR functionality is commercial skipping, but it has now been implemented in git, but probably won't be available until XBMC 13.0 at least at this stage. That said, I'm still using Mythbox for day-to-day, and beta-testing the PVR functionality in parallel, so as to help them get up to speed, so it would be good to keep Mythbox going until the mainline PVR functionality is at least on par with Mythbox.
(2013-04-02, 21:09)fiveisalive Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 16:40)apippin Wrote: MythBox is far superior to the current PVR frontend functionality in the 12.1 Frodo release of XBMC. I appreciate you taking the time to keep it running. I searched the forum, but didn't find a definitive answer to this question: Is commercial skipping currently working/supported by MythBox? I am currently running XBMC 12.1, MythTV Backend 0.26, cmyth 1.6.9 (Mythtv PVR plugin), and the latest version of your plugin downloaded via the "zip" button from github. MythBox doesn't allow me to "Play + Skip" the recorded programs I have (that button is greyed out). It says comm flag is "None" when looking at the recorded program information. Mythweb confirms commercials have been flagged in these programs, and mythutil --getskiplist also confirms that there are Commerical Skip Lists for these programs. Is there something I am missing, or is this a known issue?

MythBox has been around for a lot longer than the PVR frontend functionality, so I'm not surprised that it's more mature. But the new Myth PVR add-on does have an active community working on it and I expect the holes in functionality to be fixed fairly soon. One missing feature in the PVR functionality is commercial skipping, but it has now been implemented in git, but probably won't be available until XBMC 13.0 at least at this stage. That said, I'm still using Mythbox for day-to-day, and beta-testing the PVR functionality in parallel, so as to help them get up to speed, so it would be good to keep Mythbox going until the mainline PVR functionality is at least on par with Mythbox.

Well said, I couldn't agree with you more. Your explanation around the XBMC PVR frontend makes a lot of sense. But what about MythBox's ability to support commercial skipping? Is it tied to the PVR frontend's ability to skip commercials, or is this something that should just work on its own in MythBox? I'd like to know if it's an issue on my end given the configuration I am running, or if it is just not supported yet given my configuration.
I have been trying to use mythbox as my main PVR but I am finding it likes to stop playing videos randomly, especially toward the end of some files. I have to go to the Myth PVR to watch the shows but I loathe the Myth PVR add-on because of all the features it lacks compared to Mythbox. I dont know what version I am using and I can't tell what version is on posted on github. it doesnt say the mythbox version when I view enabled add-ons in XBMC
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4