• 10(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
(2013-03-08, 03:19)frodo19 Wrote: Just one question : Why created this topic under Aeon Nox section?

Huh

Would be nice to move one separate topic... Nod

Because it's the Aeon Nox PseudoTV skin...

(2013-03-07, 19:42)tman12 Wrote: I'm glad people like it, I don't think most users understand how much time really goes into these things - I had no clue myself. I can't imagine creating something like Aeon-nox with how much time must be involved. I think some of you guys didn't read my first "release" post, I guess most people just wanted to jump right in and start playing. I'm only testing the guide at this point, like I stated in the test release post you will have the default info screen for now until I sit down and get it worked out and we come to an agreement on the look of it.

Fade effect - I've noticed that it does take a little too long, I love the effect and definetly wanted to incorporate it with the skin but I will reduce the effect accordingly.

Channel numbers - This is probably a sizing issue, I will go in and correct that - sorry I don't have that many channels while testing (I figured this could be a problem) easy fix though

I can reach out to Jason but I really doubt he will have much interest in rewriting to my specs, I would personally rather see the artwork while scrolling than worry with the logos or fallbacks since those are more user issues.

Maybe I will try to get another test release out tonight and fix some of the bugs.

So I fixed some issues for the EPG:
1) The Clearart call was wrong (I don't know how it worked for windows, but it's not the standard skin one.)
2) I also don't know why there were three clear arts Wink but I kept the biggest one ( one had a color diffuse, I don't know if that's the one you wanted to be the main one or not)
3) Fixed the logo sizes and set it to keep the aspect ratio
You can see the changes Here .

The next thing I want to look at is why it pulls up the filename and not the actual title. I'll send you a pm with the cleanup epg.xml as to not clutter the thread. I'll have some time Saturday night / Sunday if you want help with the info bar next.
Nothing to see here....
After seeing Zep's changes it has occurred to me that maybe the issue with clearart is the way people are storing them. For me, I keep mine in the database and not in the actual TV/Movie folder and it works fine. However, if you keep it stored the code is different. I think I will add the folder code and the database code just in case.

@Zep - There should really be TWO clear arts, one for TV and one for Movies. At least that is what worked for me... using $INFO[Player.Art(clearart)] didn't display TV clearart but using $INFO[Player.Art(tvshow.clearart)] showed TV clearart and not movie clearart - hence the reason for two. Probably just copied the extra one by accident. The way you're calling it with folderpath probably works for movies and tv shows because it is simply looking at your folder path.

The filename that it pulls up is not my code, thats the default program code that cannot be changed. I didn't mess with that, or at least I think I didn't lol
Hey tman, what is the image size for the logos? I have been working on a logo package for this skin and now with the change, they are a little squished... I was making them all set to the "old" format. Also, do you think you will be changing that again?
I did figure out some of the clearart issues I was having. I have my data spread over 3 external hard drives. All the TV shows that were split over the HDDs were showing as having clearart in the menu, but it wasn't constantly showing up in the guide. For example, I have 5 seasons of Chuck split up; 4 seasons minus 2 episodes on drive 1, 1 season on drive 2, and 2 episodes on drive 3. The clearart was only showing up when the eps from drive 1 were playing. Any show where the entire show is on one drive was working just fine. This looks like a xbmc issue not finding the art when it's associated with the other drives. Or perhaps xbmc isn't downloading the art to all 3 locations. Not sure which one it is, or what the fix might be.

I couldn't investigate any more because I had to leave my house for the weekend, but I figure I'd post my findings to see if anyone else has any ideas.

@tman12 - Looks like the way you are storing the clearart is the key. I don't remember how I set it up, but when I get home next week, it's time to investigate!
(2013-03-08, 04:48)zepfan Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 03:19)frodo19 Wrote: Just one question : Why created this topic under Aeon Nox section?

Huh

Not necessarily.....tman12 has stated this before I'm pretty sure.
(2013-03-08, 12:56)rd1979 Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 04:48)zepfan Wrote:

Huh

Technically the PTV Skin can be used with any XBMC skin, but so can any PTV skin. I put it here because it's the main skin I use and to be honest I didn't really know where else to put it, I have a feeling if I put it in development section there wouldn't be as much user involvement. Although, maybe more developers/skinners would want to lend a hand if I had put it there Huh It's not so much the code that needs work, it's really the graphics that could use a skilled skinners touch. All of the skins use a textures.xbt file that "houses" the images in a compressed format so I can't even see the overlays they use which makes it harder for a novice like myself. When I see the cleaness of the images in Nox I really wish I could create something like that to use in my skin. Either way it's coming along. Big Grin
(2013-03-08, 16:05)tman12 Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 12:56)rd1979 Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 04:48)zepfan Wrote: Because it's the Aeon Nox PseudoTV skin...

Technically the PTV Skin can be used with any XBMC skin, but so can any PTV skin. I put it here because it's the main skin I use and to be honest I didn't really know where else to put it, I have a feeling if I put it in development section there wouldn't be as much user involvement. Although, maybe more developers/skinners would want to lend a hand if I had put it there Huh It's not so much the code that needs work, it's really the graphics that could use a skilled skinners touch. All of the skins use a textures.xbt file that "houses" the images in a compressed format so I can't even see the overlays they use which makes it harder for a novice like myself. When I see the cleaness of the images in Nox I really wish I could create something like that to use in my skin. Either way it's coming along. Big Grin

You can download a copy of Nox from GIT which has all of the textures uncompressed Wink

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox

Just grab the zip and unrar it.
I've already looked there before, didn't find what I was looking for. Maybe I'll have another look.
tman12, the guide is looking really nice. Below is my feedback.
1) The time intervals at the top of the guide. Is that something internal to PTV or you have control? If you have control, then ideally they would be lining up with the beginning of the program.
2) I think a bit more text beside or below the show title would be a great addition. Kind of like a brief info line. For example, you could have three items 'Start-End time Rating(IMDB or MPAA) Genre' One can play around with the info items but I think three is a good number and the start-end time is the most important.
3) The blank space at the bottom right could show poster art. I don't have clearart for my movies (and I have a lot of International movies for which there is no clearart) so it would be nice to see the poster instead.
Other than those small things, I love the guide! Thanks again for your hard work.
@NahsiN: If your want the bottom to show the poster instead of clear art, just edit the code to say poster instead of clearart. Really simple; there are 3 lines that are close to: <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(tvshow.clearart)]</texture> Just change the word clearart to poster, or even clearlogo if you want that instead.
Thanks mrgrossm, I preferred posters as well. Smile

IT'S LOOKING GOOD, TMAN!
And the clearart or posters don't need to be the same for both, I'm thinking of using clearlogo for the movies, and clearart for the tv shows. Or maybe posters for movies, logos for tv. What I'd really like is clearart, and if no clearart for it to default to clearlogo, and if no clearlogo, for it to default to the poster, but that's well beyond my coding ability.

Not sure what I'll settle on, but that's why I'm loving this skin, it's coded clear enough for us to tweak it without having to unravel the code first.
tman, another suggestion. Maybe when you are finished, you can make a small text file that has the code changes for like the top 3 basic things people may want to change between. Like "clear art to poster" or "info on bottom" oe even "text over channel art"? A couple things like that if they are simple? Just note the line in the code, and what to change? Kind of a tricky way to have some options, but at least it would have them?
(2013-03-09, 19:56)NahsiN Wrote: tman12, the guide is looking really nice. Below is my feedback.
1) The time intervals at the top of the guide. Is that something internal to PTV or you have control? If you have control, then ideally they would be lining up with the beginning of the program.
2) I think a bit more text beside or below the show title would be a great addition. Kind of like a brief info line. For example, you could have three items 'Start-End time Rating(IMDB or MPAA) Genre' One can play around with the info items but I think three is a good number and the start-end time is the most important.
3) The blank space at the bottom right could show poster art. I don't have clearart for my movies (and I have a lot of International movies for which there is no clearart) so it would be nice to see the poster instead.
Other than those small things, I love the guide! Thanks again for your hard work.

I don't control the time intervals but I do control the listing positioning and the time positioning so maybe I could move them a bit to fix that, although I don't think there is much I can do about them lining up.

I would certainly like to add more information about the program but unfortunately this can't be done. The title and show description is written into the program and there is no way to add additional information without changing the program. There is a line of code that theoretically should work but it doesn't for some reason and I assume it's because it is a program. The code ListItem.Genre for example should show the genre for the selected item but it doesn't work within the program so this is a no go. I'd love to be able to do it and to be honest if I could do that I wouldn't have the clearart at all. I would keep it just like WMC and have either the poster or the fanart for the item selected and show nothing for "now playing".

Changing the code for poster instead of clearart is easy, I think I will probably do that for my setup too because I'm not big on the clearart either but other users really love it so I'll probably keep it as default.

(2013-03-09, 20:39)mrgrossm Wrote: And the clearart or posters don't need to be the same for both, I'm thinking of using clearlogo for the movies, and clearart for the tv shows. Or maybe posters for movies, logos for tv. What I'd really like is clearart, and if no clearart for it to default to clearlogo, and if no clearlogo, for it to default to the poster, but that's well beyond my coding ability.

Not sure what I'll settle on, but that's why I'm loving this skin, it's coded clear enough for us to tweak it without having to unravel the code first.

This should really help a lot for those of you that want to try to add additional things or just edit what I have added.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=InfoLabels
I am not a skilled coder so I went to script.pseudotv.EPG.xml in the .xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv/resources/skin/default/720p directory and changed line 59 from <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(tvshow.clearart)]</texture> to <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(tvshow.poster)]</texture>. That didn't work. So can you be more specific on the files and line numbers that need editing?
Thanks
(2013-03-09, 20:20)mrgrossm Wrote: @NahsiN: If your want the bottom to show the poster instead of clear art, just edit the code to say poster instead of clearart. Really simple; there are 3 lines that are close to: <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(tvshow.clearart)]</texture> Just change the word clearart to poster, or even clearlogo if you want that instead.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9