• 22(current)
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC
(2013-03-13, 08:52)zaphod42 Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 13:24)p750mmx Wrote: Zap is right, there are indeed some issues with the latest AMD drivers and XBMC. On a Dutch website we advise to use the 12.8 drivers based on experience but if Zap has good results with the 12.10 drivers then that's a fine advice.

Didn't notice any problems with 12.10 so far. Gui is smooth, video performace up to HD video is good and HD audio is streaming...

Are there any known reasons not to use 12.10?

Cheers,
Zap
You confirmed with this reply that there are no reasons not to use them Wink
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
The ati driver issue is a windows xbmc issue not an openelec one.

The not coming out of suspend issue is an issue that affects both ati and nvidia afaik. ie. its not an openelec or mc001 specific issue.

Full shutdown and Turn on from Totally off is possible after disabling EUP in the bios.

The Mc001 bios treats a USB stick as a hard drive as far as boot order is concerned. Assume SD card is the same. So first go into the HDD boot menu and set the USB stick/SD card as first boot device and the SSD/HDD second. Then go into the main boot menu and set first boot device as USB Stick 'Hard Drive' Now it will boot openelec from the USB/SD card if its plugged in but boot from the SSD/HDD if the Openelec USB/\SD card is not plugged in.
I received my Artic XBMC with 1TB instead of 512GB.
Seems to work fine but I have two problems:
1/ there is a sound like a "tick", like a drop of water falls, every time the blue LED lights up (often)
2/ much more annoying, display suddenly becomes blue and pink on my Sony TV.
1) you hear a sound every time the unit turns on, or is it something else
2) some users reported a problem with ati drivers (on windows) and suggested a rollback to v 12.10
(2013-03-13, 21:56)talvins Wrote: I received my Artic XBMC with 1TB instead of 512GB.
1/ there is a sound like a "tick", like a drop of water falls, every time the blue LED lights up (often)

The mobo speaker makes the tick sound afaik when you turn the unit on. However the bit about the blue led lighting up often sounds like you have it in suspend and not fully off. My blue led did slowly flash on/off when in suspend too, but it never made the sound every time it flashed. That only happened for power on.

Plug a keyboard into one of the back USB ports and press the DEL or F10 key during boot while the arctic splash screen appears to enter the bios. Go down to the peripheral bios option and select disable for the EUP option. Save and exit the bios. On/Off on the remote will now turn the unit fully off and will turn it back on from fully off. No flashing blue LED and hopefully no funny noises either.

RC5 (2.99.5) is out for everyone's information.
Turning on the Arctic makes this noise Smile
I have bought the MC001-N. I have installed hdd and 1 4GB Nanya SO-DIMM. All is fine so far. The barebone instructions do not refer to adding a DVD drive. There is a rectangular piece of metal in addition to the HDD bracket which I assume is for an ODD. Has anyone installed one? I can push one in from the front but can't work out where it is supposed to be secured. Neither side panel seems to give access to inside the metal enclosure for an ODD. It's ridiculous that there are no instructions for adding an ODD.
There should be a thin piece of metal thats angled at one end. It screws onto the thinner part of the DVD drive (tiny screws). You can't really fit it wrong as the angle on the metal piece matches the angle of that part of the drive. Once fitted to the drive, open the black panel of the case and slide the DVD drive in and then use one of the igger screws to screw through the slot frame into the bracket you just fitted on the drive.

Sounds more complicated than it is.
Pops is getting his two units today, Mine not until the 20th or something. My prime trial ran out from Amazon.

Neither of us have memory yet, Its on its way.

I am trying to get pop's to embrace is iphone 4 as the remote. I set it up last time for him but he just likes the harmony 880 i suppose.

Maybe i should toss the wii mote on him and see what he things. He has one of thoese that he never uses ( don't we all ?)
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
(2013-03-13, 14:16)solamnic Wrote: Today i bought the

Xbox Remote (black)

It works right out of the box... it has great feeling and the buttons are responsive.. (unlike Arctic MCR1 CRAP Remote) and no latency issues Smile

What I have discovered that doesnt work (for the moment):
Ch PRG (it should work as page up and page down)
Guide: (it opens Music window) (but info button works)

Also it can be programmed to control the TV (will test it soon Smile)

Overall it was a really good buy..
(i would have bought Philips SRU5108/27 but i couldnt find it in Europe)

What version XBMC are you using? Can you try this remote in openelec? Thx
(2013-03-14, 03:39)calibos Wrote: There should be a thin piece of metal thats angled at one end. It screws onto the thinner part of the DVD drive (tiny screws). You can't really fit it wrong as the angle on the metal piece matches the angle of that part of the drive. Once fitted to the drive, open the black panel of the case and slide the DVD drive in and then use one of the igger screws to screw through the slot frame into the bracket you just fitted on the drive.

Thanks very much. I also received some excellent instructions with photographs from Daniel at Arctic customer services within 6 hours of asking (very impressed.) I will link the pdf of them until they appear on Arctic's support site: Dropbox link
Hey Community,

I bought the Arctic MC001 for a few days ago. I'm very happy with this unit. But yesterday I turned on the Artic, but nothing was happening. Only the green light inside the unit and the blue light of the power button were shining. The unit didn't boot up and also the bios didn't start. When I remove the Rammemory of 4GB and the SSD, turns on the Arctic, there is no warnsignal of the bios.
What is wrong? Is there a trick to hardreset or turns the Artic in factorymode?
Thanks and Greetz, Christian
(2013-03-14, 12:49)Trantitel Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 14:16)solamnic Wrote: Today i bought the

Xbox Remote (black)

It works right out of the box... it has great feeling and the buttons are responsive.. (unlike Arctic MCR1 CRAP Remote) and no latency issues Smile

What I have discovered that doesnt work (for the moment):
Ch PRG (it should work as page up and page down)
Guide: (it opens Music window) (but info button works)

Also it can be programmed to control the TV (will test it soon Smile)

Overall it was a really good buy..
(i would have bought Philips SRU5108/27 but i couldnt find it in Europe)

What version XBMC are you using? Can you try this remote in openelec? Thx

Mate i use it in Openelec Cool

(2013-03-14, 13:21)Jackdaw Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 03:39)calibos Wrote: There should be a thin piece of metal thats angled at one end. It screws onto the thinner part of the DVD drive (tiny screws). You can't really fit it wrong as the angle on the metal piece matches the angle of that part of the drive. Once fitted to the drive, open the black panel of the case and slide the DVD drive in and then use one of the igger screws to screw through the slot frame into the bracket you just fitted on the drive.

Thanks very much. I also received some excellent instructions with photographs from Daniel at Arctic customer services within 6 hours of asking (very impressed.) I will link the pdf of them until they appear on Arctic's support site: Dropbox link

Thank you for the link....

Any particular dvd brand needed? or anybrand will do?
(2013-03-13, 21:56)talvins Wrote: I received my Artic XBMC with 1TB instead of 512GB.
(2013-03-13, 22:30)solamnic Wrote: 1) you hear a sound every time the unit turns on, or is it something else
2) some users reported a problem with ati drivers (on windows) and suggested a rollback to v 12.10

I don't know if it's an ati drivers problem : it seems to be a HDMI output standard problem, especially with SonyTV. I've the problem under linux.

(2013-03-13, 23:21)calibos Wrote: The mobo speaker makes the tick sound afaik when you turn the unit on. However the bit about the blue led lighting up often sounds like you have it in suspend and not fully off. My blue led did slowly flash on/off when in suspend too, but it never made the sound every time it flashed. That only happened for power on.

Plug a keyboard into one of the back USB ports and press the DEL or F10 key during boot while the arctic splash screen appears to enter the bios. Go down to the peripheral bios option and select disable for the EUP option. Save and exit the bios. On/Off on the remote will now turn the unit fully off and will turn it back on from fully off. No flashing blue LED and hopefully no funny noises either.

RC5 (2.99.5) is out for everyone's information.

I've the "tick" sound when the unit is on ! It's not a quite regular sound. Slower than a disk activity, but very often anyway. I will look to the BIOS, but I'm afraid not to find anything helps.
(2013-03-14, 14:16)solamnic Wrote: Thank you for the link....

Any particular dvd brand needed? or anybrand will do?

You just need a DVD drive that fits. I got a TEAC model for $10 at Microcenter that fits. Just make sure the sata port is lined up correctly. Look at some pictures of Arctic's compatible models... and anything with a similar SATA setup should be fine.

I had some issues getting mine to work, but currently with Openelec 2.99.5 it is working. I think before it was just some Aeon Nox skin setting I was having trouble with.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC5