XBMCBUNTU 12 Update
Hi,
I had Frodo (xbmcbuntu 12) on my machine and today I decided to upgrade to the new 12.1 version.

So i did:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

But I ended with the XBMC-13 ALPHA 1 version....

How can I rollback to the 12.1?
Why the system upgraded to this version and not to the production 12.1?

Thanks
Because and this is only explanation, You did not start with Frodo V12 (final) XBMCbuntu, you probably (this is more likely) had a earlier beta which used unstable ppa, instead of Final release ppa.

See XBMC_v12_(Frodo)_FAQ#How_to_switch_from_XBMC_unstable_PPA_.28used_in_XBMCbuntu_Beta.2FRC_releases.29_to_final_PPA (wiki)

This answers both your questions.

uNi
(2013-03-23, 17:41)uNiversal Wrote: Because and this is only explanation, You did not start with Frodo V12 (final) XBMCbuntu, you probably (this is more likely) had a earlier beta which used unstable ppa, instead of Final release ppa.

See XBMC_v12_(Frodo)_FAQ#How_to_switch_from_XBMC_unstable_PPA_.28used_in_XBMCbuntu_Beta.2FRC_releases.29_to_final_PPA (wiki)

This answers both your questions.

uNi

I understand.
WORKED!

thanks
I am running Eden 11.0 Version 20120423 on Lubuntu 12.04 (LXDE) and was thinking of replacing it with Frodo because I had a problem when starting Navi-x with the Error Cannot Open File. This pops up immediately on selecting Navi-x 3.7.6 every time.
Anyone have any comments on the chances of beating this error message with this approach? Seems like I might have to purge the existing fairly thoroughly.
Thanks
(2013-03-24, 02:31)robb01 Wrote: I am running Eden 11.0 Version 20120423 on Lubuntu 12.04 (LXDE) and was thinking of replacing it with Frodo because I had a problem when starting Navi-x with the Error Cannot Open File. This pops up immediately on selecting Navi-x 3.7.6 every time.
Anyone have any comments on the chances of beating this error message with this approach? Seems like I might have to purge the existing fairly thoroughly.
Thanks

Sorry, no support for Navi-X available here. Read this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149712

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBUNTU 12 Update0