• 21(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
That's great news thedarkonaut, can't wait to to use it.
(2013-04-04, 05:35)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 05:10)ARYEZ Wrote: @Lunatixz
Unfortunately the ability to mix music playlists in with our tv and movie playlists seems to have died with TVTime. For what it's worth Ive always thought that was the one thing missing from PseudoTV but I guess Jason doesn't have any interest in adding it. If I understood Python better I'd take a look at the code and see if it's a feature that could be resurrected but unfortunately it's beyond my abilities. In the meantime I did come up with a work around that allows me to have Music Choice style channels alongside my TV, Movies, Sports and Music Video channels, but the process is tedious to say the least. The finished product is very cool though, and worth the effort IMO.

I only ask because your PTV screenshot displays the artist and album...and you didn't indicate that it was a music video...
as for adding music to PTV it isn't that hard... Smile

@Lunatixz

Hey are you saying you found a way to actually incorporate music playlists into PseudoTv right alongside the video playlists?! Like what we used to be able to TvTime? If that's so then please share the info with the rest of the group. Like i had said before true music playlist integration is all that I really think is missing from PseudoTv. Especially using your continuation of angrycamels live tv fork.

Also for anyone that's interested I'll explain the workaround I use to get my "music choice" style channels into PseudoTv when I get home from work.
I don't want to hijack this topic... but yeah you can add music back... there is nothing to share... you would have to write to code for it... unfortunately I don't have the time... my build of ptv will only add more strm support... if u want to continue this topic move to one of my threads...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I don't have a large collection of music videos, so I just added a channel with the music video directory. I don't get cover art or descriptions. I still enjoy it. It reminds of MTV in the good old days.
I have a question for you skinners. Is it possible to show the poster for the selected shoe in the EPG? The EPG shows the show name and plot for whatever is selected and I would like to display the corresponding poster next top it. $INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)] doesn't seem to work.
(2013-04-04, 02:46)thedarkonaut Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 02:38)mcorcoran Wrote: Hey thedarkonaut are you still working on your other skin as well? Would love to have those weather icons on my psuedoTV

Yep, both are going to use basically the same code base. My thinking was to create a good layout for the skin, that can be interchanged with different backgrounds. Going to publish both versions here fairly shortly.

@ thedarknonaut' do you know what I have to change in the skin to be able to have the name of my channels instead of my custom logo's (my logo's don't look good with your skin, but I'd rather sacrafice my logo's)
Just a quick question to any of the PTV skinners here, what's the standard size for channel logos in PTV? I've made some to the 161x109 standard, but still some of the taller ones don't seem to fit the channel guide. I'm currently using thedarkonaut's skin.
hey guys is it easy to change the colour the text is highlighted on the tvguide? would really like to change it to gold to match my skin
cheers
Just to answer a could let quick questions. I've looked and can't find a way to add the Movie posters or any artwork in relation to appearing on the EPG for items currently selected.

I'm not sure off the top of my head on having the channel name appear vs the name, but should be easy. I'll take a look at this tonight when I have some time.

I reworked parts of my grid and my icons have changed a little bit. I'm going to publish my latest akin tomorrow which will have the dimensions for my akin. I'll also publish the PSD files I use for my skins and logos for anyone that wants to mess with them further.

And one more, to change the font colors on the epg, you'll need to adjust the EPGWindow file in PseudoTv. Just remember that you'll need to do this every time there's an update.
(2013-04-07, 22:07)kurtamery929 Wrote: hey guys is it easy to change the colour the text is highlighted on the tvguide? would really like to change it to gold to match my skin
cheers

Go to C:\Users\'Yourusername'\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib

Open EPGWindow.py with a text editor (Wordpad, etc)

Look for line self.focusedcolor = "FF7d7d7d" and change the color to the code you're looking for. XBMC uses AARRGGBB I believe so search for color codes.
thanks muchly darkonaut that info was enough for me to find it and change it, once i'd worked out the rgb thing. look forward to trying out your new skin, thanks so much for sharing all your hard work
(2013-04-06, 23:03)RockDawg Wrote: I have a question for you skinners. Is it possible to show the poster for the selected shoe in the EPG? The EPG shows the show name and plot for whatever is selected and I would like to display the corresponding poster next top it. $INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)] doesn't seem to work.

If you read back through this thread (I know it's a lot of pages Tongue) I mentioned on several occasions that I would love to be able to control that information. Personally, I really love how WMC handles the Guide. If I knew more about Python I would change this, but unfortunately I do not. Ideally I would like to be able to change what shows up when a show/movie is selected. Even the plot and name don't look all that good, but that is part of the code as well. I'd like to see poster or fanart then title and plot with the addition of airdate for TV shows.

(2013-04-08, 03:07)kurtamery929 Wrote: thanks muchly darkonaut that info was enough for me to find it and change it, once i'd worked out the rgb thing. look forward to trying out your new skin, thanks so much for sharing all your hard work

Too bad I didn't post my respond earlier... sorry bro could have saved you a little time I suppose.

(2013-04-07, 16:50)prawnee Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 02:46)thedarkonaut Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 02:38)mcorcoran Wrote: Hey thedarkonaut are you still working on your other skin as well? Would love to have those weather icons on my psuedoTV

Yep, both are going to use basically the same code base. My thinking was to create a good layout for the skin, that can be interchanged with different backgrounds. Going to publish both versions here fairly shortly.

@ thedarknonaut' do you know what I have to change in the skin to be able to have the name of my channels instead of my custom logo's (my logo's don't look good with your skin, but I'd rather sacrafice my logo's)

The file you are looking for is in C:\Users\'Yourusername'\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\skins\default\720p and is called script.pseudotv.EPG

Open it with Wordpad or whatever editor you want to use and look for the channel section (most likely at the bottom) you will see three different sections for each channel (name, icon, number). I'm assuming Dark only removed the textcolor for the channel names. Here is an example of what you want to do.

<description>Channel 1 Name</description>
<posx>150</posx>
<posy>190</posy>
<width>200</width>
<height>42</height>
<label>Channel</label>
<font>font13</font>
<align>left</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<textcolor></textcolor> <------- change this to <textcolor>FFFFFFFF</textcolor>
</control>

<control type="label" id="311">
<description>Channel 1 Number</description>
<posx>98</posx>
<posy>190</posy>
<width>40</width>
<height>42</height>
<label>1</label>
<font>font13</font>
<align>right</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<textcolor>$VAR[TitleColorVar]</textcolor>
</control>

<control type="image" id="321">
<description>Channel 1 Icon</description>
<posx>150</posx>
<posy>175</posy> <------------ Change this to something like 1200 so it puts it off the screen
<width>131</width>
<height>69</height>
<texture>Icon</texture>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<alignx>center</alignx>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<colordiffuse></colordiffuse>
</control>
Thank you tman12. +1 to you!
(2013-04-07, 21:08)Deano316 Wrote: Just a quick question to any of the PTV skinners here, what's the standard size for channel logos in PTV? I've made some to the 161x109 standard, but still some of the taller ones don't seem to fit the channel guide. I'm currently using thedarkonaut's skin.

In order to solve this issue, please check that the PNG resolution is set to 200 pixels/inch

Wink
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
(2013-04-08, 19:33)Ovokx Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 21:08)Deano316 Wrote: Just a quick question to any of the PTV skinners here, what's the standard size for channel logos in PTV? I've made some to the 161x109 standard, but still some of the taller ones don't seem to fit the channel guide. I'm currently using thedarkonaut's skin.

In order to solve this issue, please check that the PNG resolution is set to 200 pixels/inch

Wink

Another thing you could do is download the logo pack in the first post and just look through the sizes, I would say they are the best sizes to use and I'd guess most people use them since they are kind of the reference logos for PTV.

On a side note, I think what I might do for my Nox version in the EPG is change logos next to the channel to the channel name and have the logo show up next to the title. The reason I am going to do this is because I want it to be useful for all users and I have a feeling that beginners or people that just like using PTV as a side project can easily use it without going through the hassel of assigning logos to every channel. If Phil includes my skin in Aeon Nox it will be more beneficial to the majority of users. I'm open to zipping up a file that will keep the logos for more interested/advanced users. Although, is anyone even testing my damn skin? lol haven't got any responses.Confused
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9