• 273(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2013-04-12, 21:21)scilz Wrote: i have been editing some skins for ptv here is a ss if anyone likes it ill shareImage

I WANT THIS PLEASE! THIS LOOKS AWESOME! :-)

Thanks!
Thatkookooguy
I have a big problem, it's impossible to play anything with latest pseudotv (stable-pre). I have all my movie/tvshow content on a Linux NAS server, shared with all the machines with NFS and SAMBA and MySQL to keep sync. I tried the two protocols and with/without mysql and with I have the same problem.

I used Milkman's guide with the playlists channels, buy with some reason Pseudotv doesn't detect any movie...well, it detects 3/4 movies and repeats all the time the same. If I go directly to playlist (Video-->Playlists) the content shows perfectly....

Curiously, with TVShows I don't have any problems, all files shows correctly...

Any ideas?
(2013-04-16, 18:53)tocinillo Wrote: I have a big problem, it's impossible to play anything with latest pseudotv (stable-pre). I have all my movie/tvshow content on a Linux NAS server, shared with all the machines with NFS and SAMBA and MySQL to keep sync. I tried the two protocols and with/without mysql and with I have the same problem.

I used Milkman's guide with the playlists channels, buy with some reason Pseudotv doesn't detect any movie...well, it detects 3/4 movies and repeats all the time the same. If I go directly to playlist (Video-->Playlists) the content shows perfectly....

Any ideas?

maybe it got something to do with 1080p? TV Shows are usually 720p tops and pseudoTV might be able to play the movies under 1080p but got a problem with 1080p.
maybe it got something to do with the network speed? wifi?

Tell me if it's happens only with 1080p movies and I'll try to sniff around for more details
Thatkookooguy
(2013-04-16, 19:08)thatkookooguy Wrote:
(2013-04-16, 18:53)tocinillo Wrote: I have a big problem, it's impossible to play anything with latest pseudotv (stable-pre). I have all my movie/tvshow content on a Linux NAS server, shared with all the machines with NFS and SAMBA and MySQL to keep sync. I tried the two protocols and with/without mysql and with I have the same problem.

Any ideas?

maybe it got something to do with 1080p? TV Shows are usually 720p tops and pseudoTV might be able to play the movies under 1080p but got a problem with 1080p.

Tell me if it's happens only with 1080p movies and I'll try to sniff around for more details

First of all, thanks for your quick reply.

I have some tv shows (the pacific, band of brothers) in 1080p and it's play correctly (and show) in PseudoTV...

The movies that are showing OK in PseudoTV (with 30-35 custom playlists) are only 4, all time the same movies...curiously Sad

My network speed is cable gigabit in all the house and PC. I don't have any problem to play any movie/tvshow, the problem is that Pseudotv seems don't recognise any movie (only 4) but recognise all the tvshows...

Thanks again Smile

Regards!
Sorry I have a question, IF i have all the dstv logos and bumpers how would i create those channels with the logos and specific channels?
(2013-04-16, 19:08)thatkookooguy Wrote:

Any ideas?

@thatkookooguy - This is nonsense!! has nothing to do with resolution...

@tocinillo - Most likely one of two things are at play here... either its your network share permissions... or your library isn't properly scraped into xbmc.
Can you play a show that wasn't added to PTV through the regular library in xbmc? post a link with your log...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
My share permissions is full permissions for everyone (and guest user included), and tvshows/movies are in the same folders (3x3 TB W.D. Green installed in homemade NAS server)....

And yes, I have all my content correctly scraped and I can play perectly from library or from folder...

Now I can tested with fresh XBMC 12.1 (Windows 8, my HTPC is running with XBMCbuntu) without MySQL and over NFS instead SAMBA, and same result...(PseudoTV only detect ONE movie). In that case I only scrapped 103 movies (from 243 that I have) because I only want know if pseudotv is working or not...

Log (test): http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=m58ZgXVQ

Only for testing I configured 4 channels (3 genres and 1 playlist):

Here, I confirm that the genres categories works correctly and contain movies:

Drama:

Thriller:

Fantastic:

And now, the "prueba" playlist (all movies above year 2005), If I enter from XBMC Videos it's shows OK:

Seems that all is configured correctly, no? but when I open PseudoTV...only detects ONE channel with ONE movie that repeats all time:

In my real HTPC I have the same problem, but with 243 movies and PseudoTV only detects 2 channels with 3.4 movies...

Thanks for your time!
Run xbmc as administrator, I dont recommend running xbmc in win8 unless u disable uac... Disable background channel building in ptv n click force reset... post new log
(2013-04-16, 22:33)Lunatixz Wrote: Run xbmc as administrator, I dont recommend running xbmc in win8 unless u disable uac... Disable background channel building in ptv n click force reset... post new log

Tried without luck... Sad

more ideas? The log show some errors related to pseudotv...

EDIT: I founded something....PseudoTV doesn't detect me MKV movies (tvshows works fine), because the 4 movies that pseudtv detects are: 1 movie in ISO format and 3 movies in AVI...!!!

Something related with this problem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1281903

Thanks again!
(2013-04-16, 22:43)tocinillo Wrote:
(2013-04-16, 22:33)Lunatixz Wrote: Run xbmc as administrator, I dont recommend running xbmc in win8 unless u disable uac... Disable background channel building in ptv n click force reset... post new log

Tried without luck... Sad

more ideas? The log show some errors related to pseudotv...

Thanks again!

Just run through this check list...

running PTV's latest stable-pre master?
running xbmc as admin
shares work in xbmc...

If all are good, and it still doesn't work start clean...
find the ptv folder under addon_data, rename, settings2.xml to settings2.xml.bak delete cache folder...
disable background channel building, force channel reset.... recreate a few channels using PTV's channel editor... don't use external editors for now...

if it still doesn't work post new log...

Only way to solve your problem is for a) you to guess whats wrong or b) systematically narrow down the possible problems... PTV's debug log won't help since I don't believe your problem lies with the script directly...

PTV has no problems I'm aware of with MKV files... could be a bug with nfs... but I haven't seen many recent problems posted...
Yes Lunatixz, check the edit in my latest post, it's seems related to MKV problem, because I only have 4 movies in other format (1 ISO and 3 AVI) and these all 4 movies is playing and showing correctly in PseudoTV...the other 239 movies that I have is in MKV format....

And I have the same problem in XBMCbuntu, so it's not SO problem...

EDIT: OK, I confirm that is a MKV related problem (over smb and nfs), because I put another AVI file, I scrapped the content and PseudoTV shows correctly!!!:

Then, I change again the name file to "mkv" extension and now Pseudtv doesn't show....

EDIT2: And finally, If I add LOCAL source and then scrape the content, Pseudotv show correctly and play the MKV extension, so the problem is only with MKV extension files shared over NFS or SMB.

Regards.
(2013-04-16, 23:04)tocinillo Wrote: Yes Lunatixz, check the edit in my latest post, it's seems related to MKV problem, because I only have 4 movies in other format (1 ISO and 3 AVI) and these all 4 movies is playing and showing correctly in PseudoTV...the other 239 movies that I have is in MKV format....

And I have the same problem in XBMCbuntu, so it's not SO problem...

EDIT: OK, I confirm that is a MKV related problem (over smb and nfs), because I put another AVI file, I scrapped the content and PseudoTV shows correctly!!!:

Then, I change again the name file to "mkv" extension and now Pseudtv doesn't show....

EDIT2: And finally, If I add LOCAL source and then scrape the content, Pseudotv show correctly and play the MKV extension, so the problem is only with MKV extension files shared over NFS or SMB.

Regards.

Since you don't want my help... I'll stop!! but i'm sure I and other users can tell you that they have no problems running mkv files over smb...
Yes, I apreciate your help! But is not Windows problem or similar! I tried all settings, on/of all options, reinstall, some versions of PseudoTV, fresh XBMC install...and nothing works!

But...finally I fixed the problem. I only download THIS file: https://raw.github.com/jtucker1972/XBMC-...oParser.py

And replace in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib

Screen:

Works perfect!!!
(2013-04-17, 00:09)tocinillo Wrote: Yes, I apreciate your help! But is not Windows problem or similar! I tried all settings, on/of all options, reinstall, some versions of PseudoTV, fresh XBMC install...and nothing works!

But...finally I fixed the problem. I only download THIS file: https://raw.github.com/jtucker1972/XBMC-...oParser.py

And replace in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre\resources\lib

Screen:

Works perfect!!!

So let me understand you fixed your problem with playing MKV files over SMB by replacing the python script with a two year old copy from jtuckers tvtime...

Only reason we had to go over some basic settings and setups is to rule them out... I believe we could have found the real cause of the problem if you were willing to take the time...

If this had been a legitimate bug we could have discovered and fixed it... But I can assure you that most users have no problems accessing mkv files over smb in PTV...
I tested again (5-6 more times) and without this file my PseudoTv (latest stable-pre from git repo) doesn't working with MKV files over nfs/smb. I only replace the file and works perfect...If you don't believe me I can record a video, seriously...

I tested in Xbmcbuntu (12.04 LTS) and works, with the "default" videoparser.py NOT WORK. I don't know if is a recent bug or something...
  • 273(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25