• 7(current)
Ouya
(2013-04-29, 22:30)DrowningApe Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 19:14)mgnu Wrote: Hi - I must a total newb. I'm trying to install a file explorer (like Astro File Manager), in order to side load a nightly build of XBMC.

I can't get adb to recognize my Ouya when connected to a win7 machine. I've confirmed via the SDK manager that my USB drivers are up to date.

When I do the following command:
adb install file.APK

I get the following error:
error: device not found

What might I be doing wrong?

EDIT:

YUP - Newb indeed.

I was finally able to get ADB to recognize the Ouya by editing the USB ini file, as directed here:

https://devs.ouya.tv/developers/docs/setup

I can now sideload apps using adb install <file name>

XBMC frodo 12.1 runs, but really can only stream non 720 or 1080 content smoothly. It's totally unwatchabale. I'll play around with the gotham alpha releases and see if that helps improve it.

Download the libstagefright build from the android development forum.

Is that different than the nightly android builds?
Yes.
(2013-04-29, 23:41)DrowningApe Wrote: Yes.

Got it, and installed. Much better video playback, but crashes the Ouya. I will go and read the thread instructions and submit a proper bug report.
Got my ouya, I guess ext3 file system doesnt work. Any sugesstions?
I've got it up and running, but all my media info is screwed up since I used a network and it didn't get the library info that I had on my PC. I exported the library onto my thumb drive, plugged it into the OUYA, and found the folder using Import Video Library, but the XML files doesn't show up. I confirmed it's there with my PC, and when I tried just selecting the whole folder it freezes requiring a reboot of the console.

(2013-04-01, 20:35)JustinBeaird Wrote: this sucks from ouya blog

A couple things our team wants you to know when you get your OUYA:

You’ll need a credit/debit card to download games. All games are still free to try. Your card will only be charged if you buy content you love. We do want valid payment information for everyone. This is to ensure that game developers can get paid when you love their game.

so sounds like you need to add credit/debit card before you can download anything even any games

This is not the case. I have downloaded 4 games and 2 apps, never requiring card information. It only asks for card info when I try to "unlock" full versions of games I have already installed. The FTP portions are tiny so far.
It's an oddity with XBMC. You won't actually see the XML file, but you simply just need to open the folder the XML file would be in, then press "okay".
Hi !

Does anyone knows hoe to edit the advancedsettings.xml remotly from my PC ?

If I use ADB shell I cannot see anything in the /sdcard//android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc folder..

I know I can use adb to install a file browser on the Ouya, but then it is not really easy to edit the xml with the ouya remote..

Edit: ok found a way, I used the adb pull to get the file, edited it, and then adb push
(2013-04-29, 07:41)El Nacho Wrote: Has anybody been able to try Flirc or any other IR device with the OUYA to see if you can turn it on and off and navigate through the OUYA menus with a universal remote?
Really interested in this as well. I would only buy one if it can be controlled by an IR usb dongle + remote.
Are there any informations of the official release of the XBMC OUYA Version? Will it be integrated in the OUYA Startscreen or will it be a standalone app in the gamesection?
Not sure on all the details, but there will be an unofficial OUYA version for v12 Frodo, then official XBMC will take over in v13 Gotham and up.
(2013-07-02, 13:39)Mntz Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 07:41)El Nacho Wrote: Has anybody been able to try Flirc or any other IR device with the OUYA to see if you can turn it on and off and navigate through the OUYA menus with a universal remote?
Really interested in this as well. I would only buy one if it can be controlled by an IR usb dongle + remote.

FLIRC works with the OUYA but you have to create a custom android keyboard for it. There is a good post about it in the flirc.tv forums. It requires rooting though. After you do it, it works great though.
I've been much happier pairing the OUYA with my PS3 Media Remote. It's bluetooth so not dependent on line of sight and frees up the USB port for other things also.
Has this gotten any better? The setup process for XBMC on my Samsung Galaxy S3 was literally 5 minutes tops (install, load up Ace Skin, setup my personal settings).

Haven't seen too many recent posts how are people feeling about XBMC on Ouya?
Hey, I hated this process as well. I had to read a lot in order to finally get it to work.
Nevertheless I now managed to have OUYA running with XBMC, FLIRC and an Apple Remote.
I created a tutorial for the whole process that should ease things up:
http://www.peterfranssen.de/2013/08/04/g...-and-xbmc/
Cheers for your input on this!
Saying that no, it hasn't really gotten better, but it is manageable.
(2013-08-05, 14:55)c6ke Wrote: Hey, I hated this process as well. I had to read a lot in order to finally get it to work.
Nevertheless I now managed to have OUYA running with XBMC, FLIRC and an Apple Remote.
I created a tutorial for the whole process that should ease things up:
http://www.peterfranssen.de/2013/08/04/g...-and-xbmc/
Cheers for your input on this!
Saying that no, it hasn't really gotten better, but it is manageable.

can you add this to our wiki pages?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yep! For sure! Where and how?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya 2