• 14(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Hi.

Please help, I currently get the following error.

14:28:51 T:4032 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:28:51 T:4032 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'sys' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\default.py", line 38, in <module>
import gui
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\resources\lib\gui.py", line 22, in <module>
if sys.version_info < (2, 7):
NameError: name 'sys' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--

I've just switched back from v13 gotham alpha 4 to the latest v12.2 frodo release.

Thanks!
Cray
(2013-06-21, 15:32)Cray242 Wrote: Hi.

Please help, I currently get the following error.

14:28:51 T:4032 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:28:51 T:4032 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\default.py", line 38, in <module>
import gui
File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\resources\lib\gui.py", line 22, in <module>

I've just switched back from v13 gotham alpha 4 to the latest v12.2 frodo release.

Thanks!
Cray

looks like a bad xbmc install.
if reinstalling xbmc doesn't fix it, please provide a full Debug Log
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi ronie.

Thanks for your response. I did a clean install now and it worked until I installed the 500PX add-on. I removed the add-on and the slideshow is working again.

THX
Cray242
(2013-06-21, 22:20)Cray242 Wrote: Hi ronie.

Thanks for your response. I did a clean install now and it worked until I installed the 500PX add-on. I removed the add-on and the slideshow is working again.

THX
Cray242

thanx for the report!
i was able to reproduce it and will check what the heck is going on.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hello guys,

i'm having the same problem as Cray242 described but i didn't even upgrade to xbmc 13. I did a upgrade from 12.0 to 12.2 a few days ago and today i recoginzed the screensaver isn't working anymore.

My debug log can be found here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30396

Code:
23:05:49 T:140230774466304   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/home/eh/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/default.py", line 38, in <module>
                                                import gui
                                              File "/home/eh/.xbmc/addons/screensaver.xbmc.slideshow/resources/lib/gui.py", line 22, in <module>
23:05:49 T:140232057456512   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
23:05:49 T:140230774466304    INFO: Python script stopped
23:05:49 T:140230774466304   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 140230774466304 terminating

I'm running xbmc on a standalone htpc running ubuntu VERSION="13.04, Raring Ringtail" and installed xbmc via the xbmc stable repo:
Code:
#XBMC - stable
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu raring main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu raring main

All other xbmc functionality is working fine Smile

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Erik
(2013-06-21, 23:16)l0bster Wrote: i'm having the same problem as Cray242 described but i didn't even upgrade to xbmc 13. I did a upgrade from 12.0 to 12.2 a few days ago and today i recoginzed the screensaver isn't working anymore.

the 500PX picture addon (which you have installed as well) is causing issues.
i've just sent the author an email, so hopefully we can resolve this issue soon.
Oh... well Smile Great! Thanks for your fast reply! I love your screensaver, continue with this great job Wink
an update for the 500px plugin is on it's way.
once you receive this update, the screensaver issue should be solved.
Great add-on!

I have tried searching the forum on this issue but have not had any luck, please forgive me if I have missed something. Screensaver does not seem to be able to stream pictures from a upnp server. It allows me to add the upnp folder OK but when the screensaver runs it just shows the waiting circle of dots.

The same upnp folder works OK when running slideshow from the pictures menu.

Is it something I'm doing wrong or a limitation of the add-on? Thanks.
Nope.. Xbmc doesn't support pictures over upnp. I don't think current gsoc involves picture / slideshow support over upnp.
Is there a way to limit what video fan art is displayed? I have a lot of movies rated from G, PG, PG-13,R, etc. some of the video fan art is scary for little kids. An option to only display rated G, PG would be great. If that is possible could a time limit be set so the limiting could only be from like 7am to 7pm?
(2013-07-15, 03:53)carl1jenn Wrote: Is there a way to limit what video fan art is displayed? I have a lot of movies rated from G, PG, PG-13,R, etc. some of the video fan art is scary for little kids. An option to only display rated G, PG would be great. If that is possible could a time limit be set so the limiting could only be from like 7am to 7pm?

negative, there's no such feature in the addon.
The closest you can get would be to create a "custom folder of images".
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
can the custom folder be on an smb share?
(2013-07-16, 04:50)carl1jenn Wrote: can the custom folder be on an smb share?

Yup
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4