• 22(current)
Archive - old posts
Weather underground extended features supported?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2013-04-30, 07:51)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 19:47)Xtropy Wrote: A request as well, when I open the panel I see all my latest Movies/TV Shows but when I watch one of them, they are still in the list. Is it possible to have episodes/movies I've watched be removed from the panel? It's hard to keep track of what I've watched sometimes.

Thanks for reporting!

Just wanted to check and see if this would ever be considered for Amber or if this is not going to happen?
(2013-06-26, 15:54)micoba Wrote: I just noticed, that the "zusammenstellung" (Sets) info on the movie bar scrolls again. But I'm still on 3.6? At the moment I'm on a new nightly, could that be the reason?

Edit: Now it stopped... Weird... But the CPU stays at 1000Mhz while on the movie field!!!!!

It will scroll if "sets" are focused but it does not scroll if "Movies" is focused, at least it does not scroll here OS X 12.2 & Amber 0.3.6

(2013-06-26, 20:24)Xtropy Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 07:51)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 19:47)Xtropy Wrote: A request as well, when I open the panel I see all my latest Movies/TV Shows but when I watch one of them, they are still in the list. Is it possible to have episodes/movies I've watched be removed from the panel? It's hard to keep track of what I've watched sometimes.

Thanks for reporting!

Just wanted to check and see if this would ever be considered for Amber or if this is not going to happen?

Please be more specific. Watched marks should help to recognize watched/unwatched items and in addition you can filter items (all / unwatched) in side menu.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-06-26, 21:24)pecinko Wrote: Please be more specific. Watched marks should help to recognize watched/unwatched items and in addition you can filter items (all / unwatched) in side menu.

Sure, here's the scenario. Note: this is when I open the "Panel" by pressing "up" at the main menu to show the latest TV/Movie entries

I have 15 TV shows I've grabbed. I've watched 12 of them and there are 3 that are unwatched and scattered within the 15. I need to scroll through the list of all my episodes to see/find the ones I haven't watched. What would be "nice" is to only show what I haven't watched so when I go to watch a show, whatever is showing there is only what we haven't watched. Same thing with movies... It would be helpful to only display what we haven't watched is the suggestion. Thanks for considering
I was under the impression that when you watch a show it no longer appears in the latest Shows filter.

I don't know if the shelf acts differently.
(2013-06-26, 22:13)Xtropy Wrote: Sure, here's the scenario. Note: this is when I open the "Panel" by pressing "up" at the main menu to show the latest TV/Movie entries

I have 15 TV shows I've grabbed. I've watched 12 of them and there are 3 that are unwatched and scattered within the 15. I need to scroll through the list of all my episodes to see/find the ones I haven't watched. What would be "nice" is to only show what I haven't watched so when I go to watch a show, whatever is showing there is only what we haven't watched. Same thing with movies... It would be helpful to only display what we haven't watched is the suggestion. Thanks for considering

So it's about shelf, not standard library view. OK.

In order to do that I would need to use skin widgets script. I'm trying to avoid that for several reasons - it might break, it might deliver different results on different platforms and I need to "depend" on it in skin header which means that Amber will be marked as broken whenever there's a problem/change with the script.

Solution is rather simple but most of the users does not like it for whatever reason - click on recently added below main menu. Benefits are - it will show you 25 items instead of 10, you will get full metadata including plots and fan art, you can change the view to suit your needs and you can hide watched items using filter in side menu.

As I'm using Amber@xbmc with PleXBMC add-on and things are managed slightly different there I probably won't be making skin support for Widgets script in close future as I would not be using it myself.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

OK, I was thinking it might be a time to make a push to XBMC stable repo.

Regarding that I would like to if there is still something missing.

E.g. - Big list won't be back for the time being but I can improve List view to show descriptions if needed? Should I move library statistics to upper left corner?

In short, I'm after a small things.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-06-27, 11:53)pecinko Wrote: OK, I was thinking it might be a time to make a push to XBMC stable repo.

E.g. - Big list won't be back for the time being but I can improve List view to show descriptions if needed? Should I move library statistics to upper left corner?

This? Smile Sorry about big list. I was using it in addons and sometimes in video files since it allows long filenames (showname.s01e01.episodetitle.group.repack.tags.,etc.) to be seen as a whole.
(2013-06-26, 13:12)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-06-22, 12:35)abcabc Wrote: just created my first forum account, just to tell you how wonderful your Amber skin really is!
Your work on this lightweight, still beautiful skin, is just perfect!

Apart from that I would like to add a couple of thoughts to this fine project!
I think some things should get some minor rework so the whole skin fits in your current art / style of Amber.

Thanks.

I'll take a look at breadcrumbs here are some quick comments - library statistics are a bit out of the eye if placed in top left corner. I don't need them myself so I'm OK with either, don't know about the others. They won't be shown with background video or music as now playing labels are placed there.

Watched icons looks stay as they are now, they are customizable through settings. Watched overlays probably won't be added as you can filter watched/unwatched from the side menu and I would need to use overlay stripe (similar to episodes) in order for them to be visible on every colour variation of movie cover. Finally I would need to add extra setting where you can turn them off.

IMDB rating - I can add votes to MovieInfo screen

I will revisit backgrounds but you can always use your own.

Does this mean you will try to reformat the breadcrumbs like I said?
This would make the skin more in line with the rest of the design.

I would still like to see a watched icon on posters, tv show banners, etc...
Before Amber I used Aeon Nox, they used a little watched banner on the top right corner of posters and banners.
Is this a possible solution or would it need to much work to implement?

Thanks in advance! I'm looking forward to see Amber in the official repo!
I do like this skin a lot and use it with PleXMBC.

However, the reason I use XBMC rather than plex is to access LiveTV. In Amber PVR, I've encountered the following which are somewhat frustrating. Any insights appreciated;

Launching PVR always brings up 'View Mode'. Is there any way to prevent this or have PVR revert to the last view setting?

When I have an EPG on screen (eg timeline), how do i make the overlay disappear without selecting a channel? None of the direction arrow keys work and hitting 'esc' brings me back to the main menu?

Thanks

Peter
I'm using Amber on the iPad and so far its great. I know this seems strange but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access the menu to change the layout and filter etc.
I've definitely checked out the wiki here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...n_controls but none of the gestures are able to bring it up.

Can anyone help?
Hi,

This skin is amazing but i keep getting dependencies not met on the lastest frodo 12.1 on openelec?

Cheers

Adi
(2013-07-06, 13:58)dbwun Wrote: I'm using Amber on the iPad and so far its great. I know this seems strange but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access the menu to change the layout and filter etc.
I've definitely checked out the wiki here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...n_controls but none of the gestures are able to bring it up.

Can anyone help?

Press left on your remote Smile Seriously, though, skin was designed for htpc. I would need to add an extra button for touch screens to make it half useful.

(2013-07-07, 11:01)captain kudos Wrote: This skin is amazing but i keep getting dependencies not met on the lastest frodo 12.1 on openelec?

I have no clue what's going on on openelec and why it doesn't automatically pull dependant add-ons. Amber has only one - script favourites http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.favourites/
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-06-27, 11:53)pecinko Wrote: OK, I was thinking it might be a time to make a push to XBMC stable repo.

Hi Pecinko

Been keeping an eye on this skin for my Pi and wondered if you have an ETA when this will be going into the stable repo?
(2013-07-10, 17:42)Atinkler Wrote: Hi Pecinko

Been keeping an eye on this skin for my Pi and wondered if you have an ETA when this will be going into the stable repo?

Been running this on my Pi for couple of months now - its brilliant Smile why wait for it to appear in the repo?
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10