• 112(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
@capfuturo:

Thanks for the praise! as one of ViMM's most avid users myself, it benefits me the most to make ViMM the best media manager. ;-)

The TV Guide is powered by TVRage, so the listings are dependant on whether or not TVRage has a guide for them, and some of the countries already listed don't actually seem to ever get any results.
You can test yourself which country codes work using this link:
http://services.tvrage.com/feeds/fullsch...country=BR
Replace 'BR' with the countrycode of your liking, let me know the country names & codes that you'd want to be added. Wink

I didn't know about the difference, so thank you for telling me, I wouldn't want to alienate my users. ^^

I) I've been considering 'locking' all the file names based on the media player, which would make it easier for beginning users, but for movies they'll be stuck with '<movie>.nfo' without a way to choose 'movie.nfo' (and the images too), so I'm not entirely sure yet if locking file names to media players is a valid option.

II)
1) I'll definitly consider adding it, I've been sort of meaning to do away with the 'show' button in other places, since it's kind of 'clunky'.
2) Download manager is still on the to-do list, but might not make it until after 1.0.
3) Extra sharing options should be doable.
4) Adding a filter, and export to shareable format from the selected filter, I see no problems with that once I add the filter and some exporting functionality. ^^

@T800: I'll look into it, the easiest way might be a javascript that could send a message to the local Sickbeard installation, I also only have the show name to work with, TVDB & IMDb ID's are not included in TVRage.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
does anyone know of a windows version for this? or a different program?
Ember media manager is a good one for Windows. As far as I can tell, this beauty is made for Mac only Wink
(2013-08-01, 10:36)MariusTh86 Wrote: @capfuturo:

Thanks for the praise! as one of ViMM's most avid users myself, it benefits me the most to make ViMM the best media manager. ;-)

The TV Guide is powered by TVRage, so the listings are dependant on whether or not TVRage has a guide for them, and some of the countries already listed don't actually seem to ever get any results.
You can test yourself which country codes work using this link:
http://services.tvrage.com/feeds/fullsch...country=BR
Replace 'BR' with the countrycode of your liking, let me know the country names & codes that you'd want to be added. Wink

I didn't know about the difference, so thank you for telling me, I wouldn't want to alienate my users. ^^

I) I've been considering 'locking' all the file names based on the media player, which would make it easier for beginning users, but for movies they'll be stuck with '<movie>.nfo' without a way to choose 'movie.nfo' (and the images too), so I'm not entirely sure yet if locking file names to media players is a valid option.

II)
1) I'll definitly consider adding it, I've been sort of meaning to do away with the 'show' button in other places, since it's kind of 'clunky'.
2) Download manager is still on the to-do list, but might not make it until after 1.0.
3) Extra sharing options should be doable.
4) Adding a filter, and export to shareable format from the selected filter, I see no problems with that once I add the filter and some exporting functionality. ^^

@T800: I'll look into it, the easiest way might be a javascript that could send a message to the local Sickbeard installation, I also only have the show name to work with, TVDB & IMDb ID's are not included in TVRage.

Good afternoon MariusTh86,

nulla) Will go over TVRange and the countries with listing and will let you know.
I) I see your point and I too think locking isn't the way to go. Perhaps just the preset for each media player that sets the naming conventions to a default for that player is fine. In the case of XBMC, it should be the default naming convention in which XBMC exports the library, which are for TV Shows and movies listed here (item 1.8 last 2 options). One can see the default for movies is <movies>-poster/fanart/banner.jpg because this file naming would allow XBMC to read the files regardless of whether they are located within the movie folder or not. See XBMC Dev post here. Now for NFOs: movie NFO works under same convention, however for TVShow the default would be tvshow.nfo. Now, if the user attempts to change it under ViMM preferences, a warning could pop-up saying something like: "Your presets were defined for XBMC. Changing the TV Shows' NFO naming pattern to anything different than tvshow.nfo, may result in your updated metadata done by ViMM, being ignored during a library or title refresh within XBMC." I guess likewise for other media players.
II)
1) That's great then. I believe you can even make each one of the three blocks (Missing, Unwatched episodes, Episodes) show the episodes they refer to when clicking on them, e.g., if there is a block saying "3 Unwatched episodes", if I click on that block, ViMM should show me only those 3 episodes in the next screen.
2) Looking forward to that iteration.
3) & 4) Awesome!

Best wishes!

CF
I) ViMM sets the default values for your player of choice at the very first start, after that it's up to the user, at least for the moment, but it makes some sense to me the way it is as well.
I can't do it at the moment the user changes the option, because as soon as the preferences window opens the popup menu is getting set when reading in the user preferences, so it would get set to default player values each time the window opens, i'll fix this at some point.
Good night MariusTh86,

I) Roger that.

New Observation:
1) Certain media flags missing from TV Shows or showing wrong aspect ratio: some TV show video files display all their corresponding media flags right after being added to XBMC's library without even playback them if ViMM isn't involved in the previous metadata scrapping. Same TV shows scrapped and tagged with ViMM and then added to XBMC are missing their video, audio codec or present wrong aspect ratio flags (see images below). I have done a comparison between the NFOs written by each, XBMC and ViMM, and there are clearly differences in the metadata information they are extracting from the files or how they are understanding it; key differences that may be affecting the recognition of the metadata written by ViMM and display of the media flag anytime between the addition to XBMC and the moment the files are watched for the first time, since after first playback XBMC usually assigns missing flags and correct aspect ratio flags. However the latter corrections don't get written to the local NFO files for each episode, which means the issue with the missing flags and wrong aspect ratios presents itself on and on again, every time the source is removed and re-added to XBMC. Moreover, ViMM should be reading the same XBMC is, and writing exactly the info XBMC could understand in the fields related to media flag display. Please find the info package here, containing the media info and resulting NFOs for each file. I haven't isolated the missing flags on this package as the only ones missing, so it is perfectly possible that this issue might be affecting some other types of video files, hopefully not. I presume too this is happening with the movies as well.

Wrong and right flags, on the left and right, respectively:

Best,

CF
Love this program... installed MAC OS just to use it...

1 issue I am having is recognizing multi episode VIDEO_TS files.

For instance:

TV Shows\Arrested Development\Season 1\Arrested Development.S01.E01E02E03E04E05E06

is recognized at the tv show level but not the episodes. Is this the correct naming convention? It is the only naming convention that i have used that is recognized by XBMC.

TIA,,AL
Good morning alspoll,

I'd suggest trying Arrested Development.S01E01E02E03E04E05E06 without the period after S01 . Could you please report back if this worked for you. If it didn't, perhaps MariusTh86 might be able to help you further.

The above could make those episodes show up, however I am not sure if accurate playback of episodes within video_ts or ISO files is supported yet, unless ViMM can create a nfo file that lists all the episodes and the time in seconds that the episode starts using the epbookmark tag.

Best,

CF
(2013-08-02, 07:59)capfuturo Wrote: Good morning alspoll,

I'd suggest trying Arrested Development.S01E01E02E03E04E05E06 without the period after S01 . Could you please report back if this worked for you. If it didn't, perhaps MariusTh86 might be able to help you further.

The above could make those episodes show up, however I am not sure if accurate playback of episodes within video_ts or ISO files is supported yet, unless ViMM can create a nfo file that lists all the episodes and the time in seconds that the episode starts using the epbookmark tag.

Best,

CF

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try when I get home tonight.

As far as playback, XBMC creates an entry for each episode but when the episode is played, it takes you into the dvd menu. So basically, it allows you to list the episode with separate metadata, but all episodes take you t the same dvd menu where you select which episode you want to play..

TIA,

AL
@alspoll: Folders don't generally get recognized as episodes, which makes Video_TS folders somewhat difficult to work with for TV Shows.
XBMC needs a 'bookmark' to know where to start if not at the 'beginning' of the file, I'm cheating a little with ViMM dividing the length of the episode by the 'number of episodes' if there's more then one, and creating bookmark tags for those divided lengths, but this also doesn't work with ISO, Video_TS and other archived files.

@capfuro: The file flags depend a bit on the skin you're using for XBMC, the skin I'm using 'Metropolis' seems to recognize 'MPEG Audio' and 'MPEG-4 Visual' just, fine while yours apparently doesn't.
Though that doesn't mean that I'm necessarily using the right tags either, 'MPEG-4 Visual' and 'XviD" go hand-in-hand, and 'MPEG Audio' is the underlying format of MP3's.
@MariusTh86

I used the info from 2 threads:

From the "Scraping multi-episode TV Show DVD ISO or VIDEO_TS harddrive backup - is it possible?" thread, post #27

Take a look at the "advancedsettings.xml" file closely ...

Code:

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

... it doesn't say to name the folders "s01e01e02..." it just says "0-9" not "00-09"!!!

So instead of labeling "s01e01e02...", you need to label them "s1e1e2..."

DO NOT PUT A "0" IN FRONT OF YOUR NUMBERS!!! (although leaving the 0's in still worked for me)

I have 11 episodes across 4 folders,
So here is my folder structure that got my TV Shows to work properly...

H:/TV Shows/SHOW_NAME/s1e1e2e3/VIDEO_TS/(video files)
H:/TV Shows/SHOW_NAME/s1e4e5e6/VIDEO_TS/(video files)
H:/TV Shows/SHOW_NAME/s1e7e8e9/VIDEO_TS/(video files)
H:/TV Shows/SHOW_NAME/s1e10e11/VIDEO_TS/(video files)

and this from the "Stop the Madness! Fix your naming issues first." post #1

Note about multiple episodes in one:

I use them for a lot of shows, and they work great but they aren't the same as doing with individual episodes. Say you have done a complete disk of House with 6 episodes on it. When you select an episode to watch, it starts playing just like you put the disk in. Any of the 6 episodes that you pick will react and start in the same place.

And if you use the "watched" tags, all 6 will be tagged as "watch" regardless.

TIA,

AL
(2013-08-02, 19:48)alspoll Wrote: Code:

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

... it doesn't say to name the folders "s01e01e02..." it just says "0-9" not "00-09"!!!

I think the "0-9" just indicates the range of allowable characters in that position is 0, 1, 2, . . . 9. Presumably there could one or several characters.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
@Glorious1

I agree, but using that naming convention, the 1 folder with video_ts, will show up for the episode listed in xbmc, ie for a folder named
Arrested Development.S01E01E02E03E04E05E06 would have 6 unique entries in XBMC, 1 for each episode, 1 - 6, not just 1.
Maybe I'm missing something simple? I was trying out the set manager today but couldn't figure out how to get it to rewrite the nfo's for the movies so that xbmc will see the new sets. Or maybe ViMM uses some other method?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
@alspoll: The regex actually says '([0-9]+)' which means something like: Numbers '[0-9]', 1 or more '+', so s1e1 goes, as well as s01e01, my own regular expressions for episode matching should agree with that statement for the most part, but the dot between s01.e01 doesn't agree with mine.

Besides that, ViMM doesn't recognise folders as episode 'files', and where XBMC starts playing at when selecting any of the episodes is not a ViMM issue. ^^

@wgstarks: Try adding a set name matching a set of episodes, if they light up blue on the left side, and the titles are shown below the set name, it means the set name has been added to the item's .nfo files, you should be able to close the window, go to one of the items, open up the .nfo file and have a '<set>' tag inside with the title.
After that you might have to refresh XBMC's entries.
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19