• 24(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists
(2013-07-22, 20:29)Martijn Wrote: Reload will force it to search again. Query just find info for artists it hasn't done before. So it doesn't search again if it didn't find anything last time.

I see, that makes sense then now, I take it there is no reload all artists option then, other than to rebuild the music library?

Currently reloading each artist one by one to get the missing meta-data showing. Also contributing missing artists to TheAudioDB.com where previously artist fanart came down from HTBackDrops.

Thanks.
Nope
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Seems HTBackDrops is back again! With a different URL

http://htbackdrops.org/
First of all thank you very much for your great work!

Artist names on MusicBrainz are written in the script of the artist's native country.

That means names of Russian composers are in Cyrillic script!

Example: Sergei Rachmaninoff

The Universal Artist Scraper doesn't read the aliases on MusicBrainz, nor does it read the 'Alternate Name' on TheAudioDB.

So in order for the Universal Artist Scraper to recognize the artist, I would have to use the Cyrillic names in the mp3 tags.

Can you please fix the scraper so that it can read the Alternate Name?
(2013-08-07, 16:24)AussieFries Wrote: Can you please fix the scraper so that it can read the Alternate Name?

Fix?
Ok sorry for the wording. The scraper is obviously not broken.

I meant can you please add an option so that it reads the aliases.
OK Smile

I will have a look, but I don't think it will be easy. The API method the scraper uses for searching doesn't seem to return the aliases and I think there was a good reason I choosed this API method (I however don't remember the exact reason).

Nevertheless, as a workaround for this artists you can create an artist.nfo file and insert the MusicBrainz link into it for the artist you want. The scraper will pick this link up instead of doing a search.
Thanks very much for looking into this.

I have added the artist.nfo with MusicBrainz URLs to the folders. This resulted in new artist entries in Cyrillic as the names of the composers are in Russian Cyrillic on the MusicBrainz site...
Question 
seeing as this is my first post in the xbmc forums, first let me just *clap clap clap*. i've been using xbmc for just over a week and i love it! i'm planning a new htpc around it. Big Grin

i've run into a wall scraping some artist info now though. i've checked and re-checked my settings and they seem fine (to my noob eyes). most of the metadata for albums and artists is fine. But there are some artists not showing up, who obviously should (ie: famous guys). The best example of this is Sammy Davis, Jr. I've scraped and scraped again but i can't get any info. i've even tried changing scrapers. still nothing. i searched on musicbrainz.com and he shows up in a search of their database.... which is what i thought the universal scraper for music artists uses.

Where's Sammy? Huh

Thoughts?
I have another problem with Universal Scraper not displaying albums for a given artist, from the library's artist view. Here is an example:-

I have the album Simple Things by Zero 7. If I click on the artist there is no album in the library view, there are no errors in debug mode, and unlike my other post (using Universal Scraper http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1492512). I'm totally lost as to why this might happen.

Again, any assistance would be appreciate it.
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
Is there a way to set the Universal Scraper as the default scraper for all artists? For instance, in the library view, if I right-click (context menu) on "artists", I can select "change scraper". The current scraper is listed as the Universal Artist Scraper. However, none of the actual artists are assigned the Universal Scraper as the artist scraper, unless I manually change the scraper for each and every artist.

Only when you've manually assigned the Universal Scraper to each artist, does a new entry appear in the context menu for each artist called "query info for all artists", and the scraper seems to work when you hit that link. However, isn't there an easier way to assign the default scraper to all artists in one fell swoop?
(2013-09-08, 16:51)floepie Wrote: Is there a way to set the Universal Scraper as the default scraper for all artists? For instance, in the library view, if I right-click (context menu) on "artists", I can select "change scraper". The current scraper is listed as the Universal Artist Scraper. However, none of the actual artists are assigned the Universal Scraper as the artist scraper, unless I manually change the scraper for each and every artist.

Only when you've manually assigned the Universal Scraper to each artist, does a new entry appear in the context menu for each artist called "query info for all artists", and the scraper seems to work when you hit that link. However, isn't there an easier way to assign the default scraper to all artists in one fell swoop?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159782
The Universal Artist Scraper causes XBMC to crash completely when searching for 'Kool Keith'.

Here is a debug log - https://gist.github.com/kopf/4382ef96714...tfile1.txt

Any ideas?
Looks like you are still using Last.fm for artist images and Allmusic for discography.

Does that even still work?
Seems to - all artists before that point had artist images assigned
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9