• 32(current)
WIP Arctic mk. II
(2013-08-08, 05:30)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 04:38)furii Wrote: honestly when i'm picking something from the home panel i want to resume anyway so it's not a huge deal to me. don't waste too much time on it Wink

I just had one of those lightbulb moments about how to do it without too much fuss on my part. Resume for widgets should be working now. The resume dialog pops-up over the fanart next to the movie info. The alternative is to have it pop up in the middle of the screen with a fade overlay behind it. I'm not sure what would be better - I like it over the fanart but I'm not sure if it is immediately noticeable there. What do you guys think?

i feel like having a popup in the middle of the screen makes it impossible to miss but once you know it's in the fanart section you're not likely to forget. i wouldn't say i have a preference either way.

one thing i did notice is that if you go to start something in progress and hit back while on the resume dialog focus drops back to the sub-menu rather than leaving the panel expanded and the selection being on the in progress media that was previously selected. not sure if this is easy to fix or not. really it would only come up if you mistakenly started to watch something in progress. if the fix is you need to recode everything i say it's not worth it.

good work Smile
(2013-08-08, 06:36)furii Wrote: one thing i did notice is that if you go to start something in progress and hit back while on the resume dialog focus drops back to the sub-menu rather than leaving the panel expanded and the selection being on the in progress media that was previously selected. not sure if this is easy to fix or not. really it would only come up if you mistakenly started to watch something in progress. if the fix is you need to recode everything i say it's not worth it.

Yeah I'm aware of that. It's more of a trade off rather than being difficult to change. I return focus to the main menu because I think most people (myself included) expect to return to the main menu after the movie has finished rather than having the widget focused (and open). And because not all the movies are going to be resumable then the focus has to be reset when clicking on the movie rather than from the 'resume/play' pop-up.

**edit: scrap that. I think I just figured out a way to have the best of both worlds. I'm on fire today :p
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
This entire skin is on fire!!! Big Grin

Jurial has the behaviour been changed when using the Simple theme for displaying the weather widget?

Theres an arrow indicator pointing up above Weather but nothing happens and pressing down shows the default widget.

Weather widget works in Panel theme.

Also I'm a fan of the carbon colour theme but the font colour is dark against a carbon grey background making it difficult to read text and view flags is it possible to change the font to white instead?

As always love your work
(2013-08-08, 08:56)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Jurial has the behaviour been changed when using the Simple theme for displaying the weather widget?
Theres an arrow indicator pointing up above Weather but nothing happens and pressing down shows the default widget.

Also I'm a fan of the carbon colour theme but the font colour is dark against a carbon grey background making it difficult to read text and view flags is it possible to change the font to white instead?

Hahaha, I literally just fixed the weather submenu issue then came on here and saw your post. I'm guessing that you have 'open submenu on click' turned on - its because originally I wanted up to bypass the menu when that option was on and go straight to the recent/random etc. widgets - but I forgot that the weather widget actually shares the same id with the submenu to ensure that the small submenu sized panel slides up rather than the big one like the rest of the widgets have.

Now, when 'open submenu on click' is enabled, the behaviour for weather should be one click to open the weather widget and a second click to open the actual weather window. And with submenu on click disabled, up opens the widget and click opens the page. I think that best follows how the rest of the homescreen behaves.

I'll have a little play with the carbon theme. The original idea was to have a theme like the default one, but with a toned down background - hence the dark text rather than light.

**edit: I just tried with light text and IMHO it makes it harder to read. However, I made the background colour slightly lighter and I think that helped with the readability of the dark text. I just uploaded it - can you try it and tell me what you think?
Wow jurial you are really on fire! I hope this is more fun than just work for you. All your passion in this skin is amazing.

One nooby question:
Where can I find the option, in one of your xml.-files, to change the opacity of the background? I would like to see a little more colors of the fanarts.

I guess someone else asked it before but the search doesn't bring me to that question.
Ram: 512
Media: SandDisk Extreme USB3 + SanDisk Ultra SDHC Class10
Connection: Wired
PSU: HAMAN 5V 2.1A
Storage: 2TB and 3TB WD MyBook Essential
RaspBMC: July update
Output: HDMI
Overclocked: ARM@1000/Core@500/SDRAM@500/V@4
Extras: gpu_mem_512=256
Wow..i like the new way with the "start from.." - dialog! It's cool to have it at the posterposition in your homescreenSmile
Is there a way to send you a donation? So you can grab a beer or a coffee and have a free mealSmile
Ram: 512
Media: SandDisk Extreme USB3 + SanDisk Ultra SDHC Class10
Connection: Wired
PSU: HAMAN 5V 2.1A
Storage: 2TB and 3TB WD MyBook Essential
RaspBMC: July update
Output: HDMI
Overclocked: ARM@1000/Core@500/SDRAM@500/V@4
Extras: gpu_mem_512=256
(2013-08-08, 09:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: **edit: I just tried with light text and IMHO it makes it harder to read. However, I made the background colour slightly lighter and I think that helped with the readability of the dark text. I just uploaded it - can you try it and tell me what you think?

Yeah that background colour change works much better, and the behaviour when "open submenu on click" is consistent now with all the home menu items for the simple theme.

Many thanks
(2013-08-08, 02:50)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-07, 18:39)Cassiel Wrote: You'll need the TexturePacker binary including all libraries… you can find in somewhere on the forum. I think it's available for all platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac) Smile
If you are on windows there is a link on this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TexturePacker
There was a precompiled version for mac osx floating around, but I tried it recently and it doesn't seem to work (perhaps because of a mising library, but the error message doesn't hold any clues). So for mac and linux the only option is to compile xbmc from source as far as I can tell.

I'm running TexturePacker prebuild binary including all necessary libraries on Mac and it works like charm exept the Obj-C warnings, but you can simply ignore that. No need to compile XBMC by yourself. If you want the files, drop me a line.

Btw: I updated the Textures.xbt. Nod
First this is really beautiful skin.

Can you help me, please:

Code:
    <variable name="MusicPlotBox">
        <value condition="Container.Content(songs)">$INFO[ListItem.Genre,[CR][B]$LOCALIZE[515]:[/B]  ,]$INFO[ListItem.Year,[CR][B]$LOCALIZE[562]:[/B]  ,]$INFO[ListItem.Duration,[CR][B]$LOCALIZE[180]:[/B]  ,]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(albums)">$INFO[Window(home).Property(Album.Songs.Tracklist),[B]$LOCALIZE[182][/B][CR],]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(artists)">$INFO[Window(home).Property(Artist.Album.1.Title),[B]$LOCALIZE[21888][/B][CR],]$INFO[Window(home).Property(Artist.Album.2.Title),[CR],]$INFO[Window(home).Property(Artist.Album.3.Title),[CR],]$INFO[Window(home).Property(Artist.Album.4.Title),[CR],]$INFO[Window(home).Property(Artist.Album.5.Title),[CR],]$INFO[Window(home).Property(Artist.Album.6.Title),[CR],]$INFO[Window(home).Property(Artist.Album.7.Title),[CR],]$INFO[Window(home).Property(Artist.Album.8.Title),[CR],]$INFO[Window(home).Property(Artist.Album.9.Title),[CR],]$INFO[Window(home).Property(Artist.Album.10.Title),[CR],]</value>
    </variable>

Code:
            <control type="textbox">
                <posx>465</posx>
                <posy>512</posy>
                <width>1330</width>
                <height>352</height>
                <label>$VAR[MusicPlotBox]</label>
                <align>justify</align>
                <textcolor>EEEEEEEE</textcolor>
                <autoscroll delay="13000" time="3000" repeat="13000" />
                <font>Font-Regular-24</font>
                <pagecontrol>73</pagecontrol>
            </control>

Nothing shows. What am I doing wrong? Thanx.
(2013-08-08, 07:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 06:36)furii Wrote: one thing i did notice is that if you go to start something in progress and hit back while on the resume dialog focus drops back to the sub-menu rather than leaving the panel expanded and the selection being on the in progress media that was previously selected. not sure if this is easy to fix or not. really it would only come up if you mistakenly started to watch something in progress. if the fix is you need to recode everything i say it's not worth it.

Yeah I'm aware of that. It's more of a trade off rather than being difficult to change. I return focus to the main menu because I think most people (myself included) expect to return to the main menu after the movie has finished rather than having the widget focused (and open). And because not all the movies are going to be resumable then the focus has to be reset when clicking on the movie rather than from the 'resume/play' pop-up.

**edit: scrap that. I think I just figured out a way to have the best of both worlds. I'm on fire today :p

great work Smile
Every time Xbmc starts up it says initializing skin.
(2013-08-09, 00:06)bigbodiehard Wrote: Every time Xbmc starts up it says initializing skin.

I noticed that too. Is this expected?
(2013-08-08, 10:57)Azake Wrote: Wow..i like the new way with the "start from.." - dialog! It's cool to have it at the posterposition in your homescreenSmile
Is there a way to send you a donation? So you can grab a beer or a coffee and have a free mealSmile
Thanks! Smile
There isn't currently, but I'll have a look into setting something up. Really appreciate the offer! Blush

(2013-08-08, 12:54)Cassiel Wrote: I'm running TexturePacker prebuild binary including all necessary libraries on Mac and it works like charm exept the Obj-C warnings, but you can simply ignore that. No need to compile XBMC by yourself. If you want the files, drop me a line.
I have those exact same libraries downloaded from the forums and all I get is 'illegal operation' when I try to run it with a ./ in the terminal
I've tried to 'chmod a+x' it, run as root with sudo (sudo gives me a seg fault). Just can't seem to get it to run. I'm running snow leopard on my mac - I'm thinking perhaps it might simply be related to that (the forum post says it was tested on mountain lion).

(2013-08-08, 14:07)VictorDUA Wrote: First this is really beautiful skin.

Can you help me, please:
Nothing shows. What am I doing wrong? Thanx.
I'm not sure what you are trying to do? That variable uses the extendedinfo script, so if you are trying to put the textbox inside a list then it simply wont work - extendedinfo properties cannot be accessed from inside list controls. If you are trying to stick the code in another skin, then you need to load the extendedinfo backend first. See this thread for more details: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160558

(2013-08-09, 01:01)deletedpenguin Wrote:
(2013-08-09, 00:06)bigbodiehard Wrote: Every time Xbmc starts up it says initializing skin.
I noticed that too. Is this expected?
Should be fixed now. Smile
48 pages.
Have changed from Black's original to Artic mk2, assume this means all plugins should be fine.
Spotlight, new movies etc area is just blank.

Thoughts?
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic mk. II6