• 50(current)
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
Nobody?
Can someone tell me what 'data' needs to exist so that I can scrobble a PVR recording? All I get in the log is Non-library file, not enough data for scrobbling, skipping. As they are Live TV recordings then its not using a library. I tried sticking an NFO file in the folder but that didn't have any effect.
(2013-08-11, 11:54)Skank Wrote: Nobody?

There's a couple of ways. Both are slow if you have a big library. For me, the first is quickest but can still take over an hour. The second is better, I think, but is best left to run overnight.

Before you do either method,
A. ensure trakt is set to synch watched statuses, and manually run it once to make sure the website has up to date data.
B. Ensure your scrapers are set to scrape the data you want.

On to the methods.

Method 1:
Remove all nfo files from the
For each video source, set content to none. It will ask you if you wnat to remove items from the library. Say no.
Then, set content to movies, tv shows. It will ask if you want to refresh data, say yes.

Upon completion, your watched status should be exactly the same as before.
You may need to check movies and shows are scraped correctly.

Method 2:
Do everything as listed in method 1. If you've already done this, you don't need to repeat it.
Now, check trakt is set to sync watched statuses back to xbmc.
Manually run trakt and leave xbmc running for a few hours if you have a big library.
(2013-08-11, 17:07)jeffski10 Wrote: Can someone tell me what 'data' needs to exist so that I can scrobble a PVR recording? All I get in the log is Non-library file, not enough data for scrobbling, skipping. As they are Live TV recordings then its not using a library. I tried sticking an NFO file in the folder but that didn't have any effect.

Edit: I misread your question, I thought you were just asking to get stuff in the library. As to what you need to get it scrobbled to trakt, I don't know. Probably the imdb id should suffice.

-- My original answer in case its useful --

It depends whether you are scraping a movie or a tvshow, or which of the libraries you want it to show up in.

I scrape all my pvr recordings as movies, with an nfo file that looks like this:
(note: the nfo file must be named identically to the PVR video file, changing only the extension to nfo)

<movie>
<tag>Recorded Movie</tag>
<title>whatever the movie title is</title>
<year>year it was released, obviously</year>
<plot>some plot details if I can be bothered</plot>
</movie>

If it's part of a tv show, I add a Set, like so
<movie>
<tag>Recorded TV</tag>
<set>TV Show name</set>
<title>SxxExx - episode title</title>
<year>year it was released, obviously</year>
<plot>some plot details if I can be bothered</plot>
</movie>

Then I replace my movie node with a custom playlist that excludes the tags Recorded TV and Recorded Movies, so the PVR stuff doesn't show up in my general movie list.
I create two more smart playlists with the rules:
Recorded Movies:
* tag = Recorded Movie

Recorded TV Shows:
* tag = Recorded TV

A playlist to combine them would be handy too.

The TV shows are grouped into folders, thanks to the "group movie collections into sets" feature.

I include TV shows in the movies library, because Smart playlists don't support tags on tvshows yet. But I think I'll keep doing it this way because it's pretty elegant.

I do it this way because my PVR files are temporary, and I want to keep them separate from the general movies list. If you are hgappy to mix them in, then the bare minimum for your info file is this:

<movie>
<title>whatever the movie title is</title>
</movie>

For tv shows, you need at least two nfo files. One for the tv show itself, and one for each episode. So scraping them as movies is simpler.
(2013-08-12, 01:29)MeMeMe Wrote:

There's a couple of ways. Both are slow if you have a big library. For me, the first is quickest but can still take over an hour. The second is better, I think, but is best left to run overnight.

A. ensure trakt is set to synch watched statuses, and manually run it once to make sure the website has up to date data.

On to the methods.

Method 1:
For each video source, set content to none. It will ask you if you wnat to remove items from the library. Say no.
Then, set content to movies, tv shows. It will ask if you want to refresh data, say yes.

Method 2:
Do everything as listed in method 1. If you've already done this, you don't need to repeat it.
Manually run trakt and leave xbmc running for a few hours if you have a big library.

Im using mysql db .. I dont have any video source set..
How do you update your library, without a source set?

I'm using mysql too, and have my sources set on one of my machines so that it picks up new files.

If you really don't have one, I'd suggest creating a new source, pointing to your existing collection. Then follow the above steps.
Ok gonna try thx
The trakt addon has a setting "Sync after library updates". I am trying to figure out exactly what functionality I will lose by disabling this setting. I'm trying to migrate a rather large video collection into xbmc and the constant syncing every time I add artwork is really slowing things down. I don't mean this to sound like a complaint. Just wondering if there isn't some way to let trakt sync after the collection is complete?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-08-12, 01:29)MeMeMe Wrote:

On to the methods.

Method 1:

Method 2:

thx mate,
Method 1 fixed my double movie genres.
(2013-08-13, 01:28)wgstarks Wrote: The trakt addon has a setting "Sync after library updates". I am trying to figure out exactly what functionality I will lose by disabling this setting. I'm trying to migrate a rather large video collection into xbmc and the constant syncing every time I add artwork is really slowing things down. I don't mean this to sound like a complaint. Just wondering if there isn't some way to let trakt sync after the collection is complete?
Yes, sure, turn it off and run manual update whenever you feel the need, or simply set it back to auto when you are finished.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2013-08-13, 08:00)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2013-08-13, 01:28)wgstarks Wrote: The trakt addon has a setting "Sync after library updates". I am trying to figure out exactly what functionality I will lose by disabling this setting. I'm trying to migrate a rather large video collection into xbmc and the constant syncing every time I add artwork is really slowing things down. I don't mean this to sound like a complaint. Just wondering if there isn't some way to let trakt sync after the collection is complete?
Yes, sure, turn it off and run manual update whenever you feel the need, or simply set it back to auto when you are finished.

Thanks. I'm trying to add all the movies 10 or 12 at a time just to make sure nothing gets mis-identified or skipped completely, and I can see this is going to take a while (weeks). Gave up on checking the language on the clear art and logos and such. Figure I can just fix them whenever I come across them later.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
wgstarks, What I did when I rebuilt my library:

I switched trakt to manual before doing tis and switched it back to auto only after it was complete.

1) Added all my movies at once, and then browsed slowly through them to see which are misidentified.
2) When I found one, removed it from the library, made an nfo file containing only it's imbd page link, and rescanned

I later found I should have replaced step 2 with
2) When i find a misdentified movie, go to Information page, click refresh movie - this brings up a list of possible matches, and allows you to manually search for one if you movie isn't there.

If you do it this way, you can have a library of hundreds of movies sorted in a few hours (most of the time being the initial scan, probably).

Finally, I used the addon, Missing Movie Scanner, to identify the movies that hadn't been scanned in at all (there were three, I think), and created an nfo file pointing to the imdb page.

And then, after all that, used Artwork Downloader to get all the art, and just tweaked that as and when I noticed some art was wrong (not very often!).
Thanks. The missing movies was my main concern. I'm also having some problems with alternate titles since Frodo doesn't actually sort movies by date added I'm having to search through the entire alphabet to find some of them.
There's a way to get movies to sort by date added.

In your userdata file, create a text file named advancedsettings.xml, and enter this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
        <dateadded>0</dateadded>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

This will only apply to movies added after you apply this fix, so if you care about the ones you've already added, you'll need to remove them and re-add them.
Or just make a Smart Playlist for Movies, and sort by date added... Wink

I have such a Playlist tucked away, normaly to use only for these type of maintenance activities. The standard 'Recent Added' Movies Widget seems to be enough for normal day to day use.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13