• 7(current)
WMC as the backend - released
(2013-08-19, 01:06)soulshadow Wrote: Hi thank you for your reply and help.

I have updated and tried the new version serveWMC 1044. It did the same as before opened then after a second closed though like you said it has now created a log file.

I have attached the log file in hope that you can help me figure out how to get it working

Sorry Ian, maybe I have had too much to drink, but I couldn't figure out the failure from that server log. This newer build (1045) should help, please try it and send me the server log when you can. Thanks.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Hi I will try the new version and post a log file, I was using NextPVR as my backend. I have disabled the front end in xbmc but I still have NextPVR on my pc.

How did you fix your problem with Mediaportal tvServer. Do I need to uninstall NextPVR

Any help would be grateful

Ian
(2013-08-19, 03:14)soulshadow Wrote: Hi I will try the new version and post a log file, I was using NextPVR as my backend. I have disabled the front end in xbmc but I still have NextPVR on my pc.

How did you fix your problem with Mediaportal tvServer. Do I need to uninstall NextPVR

Ian

Hoops has more experience with this than me, but I can't see any reason why you would need to uninstall other pvr software. In xbmc you should only have one pvr client enabled at a time (in general). And on the server side, you should only have one server app running. But you shouldn't need to uninstall anything.
(2013-08-19, 04:07)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 03:14)soulshadow Wrote: Hi I will try the new version and post a log file, I was using NextPVR as my backend. I have disabled the front end in xbmc but I still have NextPVR on my pc.

Ian

Hoops has more experience with this than me, but I can't see any reason why you would need to uninstall other pvr software. In xbmc you should only have one pvr client enabled at a time (in general). And on the server side, you should only have one server app running. But you shouldn't need to uninstall anything.

No I didn't uninstall mediaportal but there a tvserver addon in mediaportal that I had to disable for the wmcserver to run properly. Why that's the case I don't know but as soon as I disabled, it worked.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Krusty, Cool to see you made enough progress to release something! Have you considered putting stuff up on GitHub or something, that way any developers who want to contribute can do some fixes for you and submit pull requests, you can decide whether to include their changes and it's all quite easy for contributors and the owner Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Hi again, I have tried the new 1045 version. Though i still have the same problem also i have looked in to ending all NextPVR Tasks.

Heres my log file :

ServerWMC started at 19/08/2013 11:23:17
Assembly version: 1.0.0.7
Config file version: 9
Click-once deployment: True
Deployment version: 0.1.0.45
OS Version: 6.1.7601.65536
Processor: AMD Phenom™ FX-5000 Quad-Core Processor
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4200
Server MachineName: VENTOM
Local recording path: C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\
EPG> loading...
EPG> 1. opening store2
EPG> 1b. TV store opened
EnumerateRecorders> Tuner Devices and TuningSpaces found:
EnumerateRecorders> 0 Content Recorder HardwareBaseId: {cfa68961-61d3-51cb-b048-1ecc6d5ab8e7}
EnumerateRecorders> HardwareId: {cfa68961-61d3-51cb-b048-1ecc6d5ab8e7}01
EnumerateRecorders> count: 0 Device name: EyeTV Diversity Digital Tuner (Dev1 Path0), TuningSpace: DVB-T
EnumerateRecorders> 1 Content Recorder HardwareBaseId: {cfa68961-61d3-51cb-b048-1ecc6d5ab8e7}
EnumerateRecorders> HardwareId: {cfa68961-61d3-51cb-b048-1ecc6d5ab8e7}02
EnumerateRecorders> count: 0 Device name: EyeTV Diversity Digital Tuner (Dev1 Path1), TuningSpace: DVB-T
EnumerateRecorders> done
GetLineUpsAndChannels> started
Epg Load> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ContainsKey(TKey key)
at EpgWrapper.Epg.GetLineUpsAndChannels()
at EpgWrapper.Epg.Load()
OnClosing> closing any running streams
OnClosing> shutting down client communication pipe
OnClosing> stopping maintenance timer
OnClosing> shutting down RecServce/EPG
CloseTraceLog: -- exited normally

Thank you again for all your help

Ian
(2013-08-19, 07:17)scarecrow420 Wrote: Hi Krusty, Cool to see you made enough progress to release something! Have you considered putting stuff up on GitHub or something, that way any developers who want to contribute can do some fixes for you and submit pull requests, you can decide whether to include their changes and it's all quite easy for contributors and the owner Smile

not a bad idea.
Hey Krusty - Have been watching this development for a while with baited breath ... glad to see it progress to release!

My setup is WMC on Win7 server, and OpenElec client(s). Everything installed great - on the client I had to install from a zip file instead of copying to the addin directory - something about that directory not being visible in openelec. Regardless, once the PVR addin was enabled and configured with the IP of the WMC server, it started grabbing EPG data, showing the upcoming recordings on the LiveTV screen in XBMC, etc.

Issue seems to be in seeing the recordings listing on the client. I followed the install directions about permissions on the "Recorded TV" directory on the server, but nothing is showing up in the list except the double dots (previous directory). When I click on the "validate" button in the server app, it pops up an "OK" dialog.

Any ideas on why this might be? Any details you can give about setting up the permissions for the recorded TV directory? Wondering if it's something about OpenELEC being a unix client ...
(2013-08-19, 07:17)scarecrow420 Wrote: Hi Krusty, Cool to see you made enough progress to release something! Have you considered putting stuff up on GitHub or something, that way any developers who want to contribute can do some fixes for you and submit pull requests, you can decide whether to include their changes and it's all quite easy for contributors and the owner Smile

Hi,
Both the server and client code are on git hubs already. The link at the bottom of the web page points to the client hub. The server hub is not public right now, so access is given by invitation, I hopefully will be able to make this one public too eventually.

So again:
Anyone who wants to develop for the client side (like porting to other systems) can do so now, its right there on the web page.
Anyone who wants to develop for the server can PM me for access (a couple of people have access to it already).
(2013-08-19, 16:38)cdan_smith Wrote: Hey Krusty - Have been watching this development for a while with baited breath ... glad to see it progress to release!

My setup is WMC on Win7 server, and OpenElec client(s). Everything installed great - on the client I had to install from a zip file instead of copying to the addin directory - something about that directory not being visible in openelec. Regardless, once the PVR addin was enabled and configured with the IP of the WMC server, it started grabbing EPG data, showing the upcoming recordings on the LiveTV screen in XBMC, etc.

Issue seems to be in seeing the recordings listing on the client. I followed the install directions about permissions on the "Recorded TV" directory on the server, but nothing is showing up in the list except the double dots (previous directory). When I click on the "validate" button in the server app, it pops up an "OK" dialog.

Any ideas on why this might be? Any details you can give about setting up the permissions for the recorded TV directory? Wondering if it's something about OpenELEC being a unix client ...

When you view the recorded tv path in the server software it should automatically prepend 'smb:', check to make sure it is there, its its not, add it yourself.

The other way you could test to make sure this network share is visible from your unix box is to see if xbmc can find this recording tv folder, just as an experiment. In order words, try to add the share as a video folder to xbmc and see if it can find the files in it. If it does make sure the path is entered the same way in the server software.

Please let me know what happens.
(2013-08-19, 12:28)soulshadow Wrote: Hi again, I have tried the new 1045 version. Though i still have the same problem also i have looked in to ending all NextPVR Tasks.

Heres my log file...

Thanks for the log file. There seems to be a problem with one or more of the channels being input from the wmc database. Each channel should have a 'tuning space name', but it appears that some of your channels do not. I have changed the code (1046) so that channels with empty tuning spaces are now filtered out, rather than this error just killing the program. I can't tell whether it is just one channel or all your channels that has this problem, but the newest build of the software will also tell me this too, if you send me the server log after you run it. If all of your channels have this problem you'll see an error message when you run the server.

This is the first I have encountered this so thanks for helping to debug it. Please let me know what happens.
--kr
Thank you for your help, with my setup, I will try the new version 1046 and let you know how I get on.

Cheers Ian
Hi thank you again for your help, I that new update has worked, I have managed to get Xbmc to connect to serverWMC and managed to get channels to work. Though like you said I have got channel names and numbers too. i.e BBC1 1 ITV1 3

If this makes sense

Also how do I attach files as the log file / txt is long

Regards

Ian
(2013-08-17, 19:32)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 13:38)gman3042 Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 20:48)krustyreturns Wrote: It should order the channels the same as in wmc. Just to clarify, in wmc you can order the channels by callsign(name) or by number. My software can't detect which order wmc is using, so instead there is a channel order setting in the 'channels' tab of the server, you can use this to set it to the same ordering as wmc. Then in xbmc you should set it to use the backend channel order, which I think you have done. I think you also have to reset the pvr database to get it to reset the order.

If this doesn't work let me know.

And yes, the record functions work, but you shouldn't take my word for it Smile.

yeah, even when i use by channel number, it still makes it in number order without actually physically making them the correct channels. so a channel like 562 is number 350 because it's the 350th channel.

I'm still not sure I understand what the problem is. It is true that xbmc always numbers the channel like you describe above, there is no way to change this. But the order that the channels appear, should be the same between wmc and xbmc (if its set up right). In other words if in wmc you see:
35 Fox
36 CNBC
37 CNN

in xbmc you should see:
1 Fox/35
2 CNBC/36
3 CNN/37

so xbmc numbers the channels, but the order of the channels should be the same.

i understand, although i seem to remember that other pvr's (like nextpvr) use the accurate channel numbers (ie 576 is ESPN on my WMC/TV box, NextPVR is the same channel)
(2013-08-19, 23:03)gman3042 Wrote: i understand, although i seem to remember that other pvr's (like nextpvr) use the accurate channel numbers (ie 576 is ESPN on my WMC/TV box, NextPVR is the same channel)

Yeah you are probably right. I can do the channel numbering this way, I think. But the problem I couldn't get an answer to when i coded this is how atsc type sub channels are handled, since xbmc only allows for an integer channel number, i.e. how do you represent channel 35.1 and channel 35.2 ? How do the other pvr solutions deal with this?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9