• 27(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
1) Thanks Smile

2) well, for the subtitles, we try to parse the language out of the (ending of the) filename. (in various iso2/iso3/long formats and localized variants, to write a normalized name)
Can you give me an example filename, and what language you received (wrongly)?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
The.Reader.2008.720p.BrRip.x264.YIFY.srt ->The Reader (2008).Aragonese.srt
The Reader.srt -> The Reader.Norwegian.srt
All.Star.Superman.2011.720p.BRrip.x264.YIFY.srt->All-Star Superman (2011).Aragonese.srt
(ok, now i get that all english srt from yify gets Aragonese)
Conan the Barbarian.srt -> Conan the Barbarian (2011).Swedish.srt

aragonese should be english, and any other random language (i see arabic, norwegian, estonian) should be one of russian/slovenčina(slovak)/czech

and one more thing:
While using renamer pattern "$M/$T ($Y)" ,the collection name have prefix at the end "/Video/Movies/Avengers Collection, The/The Avengers (2012)". How can i change it to original collection name?
Hi,

1) thanks for the information!
Yes.. there's a bug in the renamer.
The good thing is, the information in the DB seems correct, so we might be able to rename it correctly afterwards Smile
(uhm.. kinda. Since the subtitle has basically NO language information, we will just name it like the movie - as before)

2) so you basically want "/Movies/The Avengers Collection/The..."?
$M currently uses the sorttitle, where the prefix is at end....
I guess we will introduce another pattern to get the original name.
Have used TMM on my windows machine with no problems but I cannot figure out how to "install" on my Ubuntu box. I thought I followed the brief instructions on tinymediamanger.org and I can get it to run if I run the tinyMediaManager.sh from the terminal but I beleive this is supposed to be required first time only.

So, what is the recommended location for extraction of the archive? How do I set this up so I can run it from the desktop?
Hi fredfillis,

in common you should extract the tmm netinstaller to a local directory, where you have write permissions (I extracted it to ~/Apps/tMM).
The first time you have to start it via the shellscript: on the first startup it will write a .desktop file for further starting. When the .desktop file exists, you have 2 possible ways to start tmm:

a) go in the file manager to the tmm install dir and double click the .desktop file
b) copy the .desktop file to ~/.local/share/applications and it will appear in the untiy menu (also works on gnome shell and maybe other desktop environments)
b1) if you like to start it from the desktop, copy the file to ~/Desktop (if you configured unity to let nautilus handle the desktop)

I hope this will solve your problem.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks for the reply. When I try to run the .desktop file I get the following error message:
There was an error launching the application.
Details: Failed to change to directory 'file:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-common/jre/lib/ext/pulse-java.jar!/' (No such file or directory)
thanks for reporting - I found the problem and fixed it.
When the next release arrives, simply delete the .desktop file and start tmm with the shellscript -> a new .desktop with the right path will be created
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Excellent, thanks for the quick response.
now that I am developing 1 year on tinyMediaManager there are some facts about it:
  • Releases
    • Alpha 1 - 17.10.2012
    • Alpha 2 - 22.10.2012
    • Beta - 10.11.2012
    • Version 2 - 09.06.2013
    • Version 2.1 - 30.06.2013
    • Version 2.2 - 25.07.2013
  • Developers
    • I started to develop tmm on the 27.08.2012 (that's now 1 year development on almost every day)
    • Myron joined in December 2012 and contributed lots of code and ideas since then
    • => which results in hundrets of working hours
    • 1 UI designer which leads us in a new direction for new releases
    • 5 translators
  • Code
    • 40500 lines of code
    • in 391 classes (44 packages)
    • 907 commits in the svn repository (I worked the first few months without svn)
    • 33 releases since we use the downloader
    • we only had 25 reported defects on google code (also some in the XBMC forum and per our internal bug report feature)
    • tinyMediaManager is fully localized in en, de, nl, pt, sk, cz and fr (only 42%) - if you want tmm in your language help us at: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/tinymediamanager/
  • Users
    • over 5000 downloads of the netinstaller (2947 windows, 1069 linux and 1089 mac osx)
    • most of the users use tmm for XBMC, some for MediaPortal and some use it stand alone (play videos through the play button)
    • 8 users which helped testing and provided lots of feedback/bug reports
    • 1 user provided 2 great export templates
  • Donations
    • 7 donations which is a quota of 0,13% measured on the downloads
Looking Good Manuel! Wink
(2013-08-29, 12:39)mlaggner Wrote: now that I am developing 1 year on tinyMediaManager there are some facts about it:
  • Releases
    • Alpha 1 - 17.10.2012
    • Alpha 2 - 22.10.2012
    • Beta - 10.11.2012
    • Version 2 - 09.06.2013
    • Version 2.1 - 30.06.2013
    • Version 2.2 - 25.07.2013
  • Developers
    • I started to develop tmm on the 27.08.2012 (that's now 1 year development on almost every day)
    • Myron joined in December 2012 and contributed lots of code and ideas since then
    • => which results in hundrets of working hours
    • 1 UI designer which leads us in a new direction for new releases
    • 5 translators
  • Code
    • 40500 lines of code
    • in 391 classes (44 packages)
    • 907 commits in the svn repository (I worked the first few months without svn)
    • 33 releases since we use the downloader
    • we only had 25 reported defects on google code (also some in the XBMC forum and per our internal bug report feature)
    • tinyMediaManager is fully localized in en, de, nl, pt, sk, cz and fr (only 42%) - if you want tmm in your language help us at: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/tinymediamanager/
  • Users
    • over 5000 downloads of the netinstaller (2947 windows, 1069 linux and 1089 mac osx)
    • most of the users use tmm for XBMC, some for MediaPortal and some use it stand alone (play videos through the play button)
    • 8 users which helped testing and provided lots of feedback/bug reports
    • 1 user provided 2 great export templates
  • Donations
    • 7 donations which is a quota of 0,13% measured on the downloads

Congratulations Manuel!
One year TMM Love - woot!
Let's celebrate Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Thanks Manuel and Myron for this awesome manager.
And congratz on your one year anniversary :-)

I hope TMM will be around for a long long long time.
Hi Manuel / Myron ,

Congratulations ... Smile time fly fast when having fun ... Tongue

Thanks for tMM the Best Media Manager around . Nod
Yeh, tMM is the best media manager I've seen so far that works flawlessly on Linux and also looks great my Laptop's small screen.

Thanks Manuel and Myron for all the hard work and time put into it.
here is a new bugfix release:

31.08.2013 - v2.2 - r912
feature: added search field in the TV show section
feature: added $N token for movie renamer (movieset title)
feature: cleanup of empty folders in the TV show renamer
feature: manual reload of mediainformation for TV shows
feature: added "update selected TV show(s)" to the split button
feature: added expand/collapse all nodes in the TV show section
feature: added automatic backup of the database
feature: added slovak translation
fix: .desktop files will now get a valid path in linux (if you have troubles starting tmm via the .desktop, delete tinyMediaManager.desktop before starting tmm)
fix: better video resolution detection (now detecting 4:3 HD)
fix: some fixes for more stable TV show renaming
fix: on update datasources (tv show section) now the episode files will also get scanned with mediainfo
fix: subtitle renaming
fix: removed duplicate languages from settings
fix: some ui component layout in the movie editor
fix: more stable highlighting of new TV shows/episodes
fix: added /usr/share/java to the classpath for linux (to use system wide installed swt lib)
fix: better layouting of the bulk edit window (movie section)
fix: some code cleanups
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7