• 355(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2013-08-30, 15:06)jazzperm Wrote: I set Chrome in Advances Launcher on XBMC 12.2 on windows 7.

When Chrome is not running and I open it with advanced launcher, it opens chrome and gets the focus. When Chrome is already running and, I open it again from advanced launcher, it opens a new window that doesn't get focus. Is it possible to switch to the opened chrome window, instead of opening a new window?

Firefox has a add on that will open a new tab and give Firefox focus when a new instance is run when Firefox is already running, in essence only allowing one Firefox window to be open, maybe chrome has something similar?
(2013-09-02, 22:42)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-09-02, 19:44)fruitgull Wrote: I have the famous no sound in advanced launcher lanched applications Smile I've read quite a lot and tried many different solutions though.

One of them was the solution by Angelscry in post #4705 in this thread:
Adding ~/.asoundrc:
pcm.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 3
}

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 3
}

Card 0, dev 3 should be right because speaker-test -D hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3 -c 6 works fine. And I only have one card (0). Please note that speaker-test -D hw:0,3 -c 6 doesn't produce any sound.
aplay -D hw:0,3 wavfile.wav doesn't work either. It's finding the device. But no sound.
Also when I start Spotify the playing bar moves, but no sound is heard. If I change device in .asoundrc (to something other than 3) playback doesn't start at all and the playing bar does not move. So I'm quite certain I have the correct card/device. Sound doesn't work in Firefox or Chromium either. No spdif devices are muted in alsamixer.

I've also tried to toggle the setting in advanced launcher to stop or let play the xbmc sound. I'm also of course using the correct system/sound settings i xbmc (I've tried both hdmi and analogue here), and also with or without navigation sounds. All sound works fine in xbmc otherwise.

I'm using XBMCbuntu 12.2.
Any advice on how to continue?
Are you using pulseaudio on your XBMCbuntu system?
Are you starting your application under a windows/desktop manager environnement (like openbox)?
If using card(0) do not work but using "NVidia" work, maybe you could try to setup your .asoundrc file like this : https://gist.github.com/jasongill/2385863
What is the result of the command aplay -l ?

Thank you for your interest Smile

No, I'm only using Alsa. Pulseaudio is not installed.
Yes. I'm using openbox/fluxbox. But if you have another way to try to start them, I'll try it. This is the script I'm using to start Spotify/Firefox:

#!/bin/bash
openbox &
/usr/bin/spotify
killall -9 openbox

-----

aplay -l:

Code:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 0/1

Now I've tried to change my .asoundrc to use NVidia as card (instead of 0):
defaults.pcm.!card NVidia
defaults.ctl.!card NVidia
defaults.pcm.!device 3
defaults.ctl.!device 3

No sound though.

This is the audio device I've always used and is working perfect in Xbmc: HDA NVidia, SEC EPSON PJ on HDMI #3, both for passthrough and pcm.

But I couldn't change the audio devices to custom (I have no such choice) (according to https://gist.github.com/jasongill/2385863). But perhaps this is not needed.
All seems correct... I know that you have already play with those parameters, but have you try to set them like this :
  • set into Advanced Launcher the option to let XBMC play sound,
  • set into XBMC audio output to analogic,
  • and disable navigation sounds into XBMC

but all at the same time (not one by one)?
(2013-09-03, 15:19)Angelscry Wrote: All seems correct... I know that you have already play with those parameters, but have you try to set them like this :
  • set into Advanced Launcher the option to let XBMC play sound,
  • set into XBMC audio output to analogic,
  • and disable navigation sounds into XBMC

but all at the same time (not one by one)?

I did as you asked.
Rebooted Xbmc
Set all the settings at once.
Tried Spotify/Chromium
But no sound Sad

I could try to activate the on-board sound card and use it's spdif output for PCM and the Nvidia card's hdmi still for passthrough. But in my experience having several sound cards active can cause problems.
Anyway; thanks for your help!
Unfortunately, I do not have any other idea. As it is a problem directly linked to XBMC, the best move will be to report this issue to XBMC developers : http://trac.xbmc.org/
Not really true.... I have 2 other ideas...
To check if the problem is really related to XBMC, you can try this :

Code:
#!/bin/bash
killall -9 xbmc
openbox &
/usr/bin/spotify
killall -9 openbox
xbmc

Also... Normally XBMC automatically release sound after 10s. So you can try to add a delay to check if it is the case :

Code:
#!/bin/bash
sleep 15
openbox &
/usr/bin/spotify
killall -9 openbox

Normally you must have sound on the 2 cases. If not, then the problem is related to your system configuration.
(2013-09-03, 17:12)Angelscry Wrote: Not really true.... I have 2 other ideas...
To check if the problem is really related to XBMC, you can try this :

Code:
#!/bin/bash
killall -9 xbmc
openbox &
/usr/bin/spotify
killall -9 openbox
xbmc

Also... Normally XBMC automatically release sound after 10s. So you can try to add a delay to check if it is the case :

Code:
#!/bin/bash
sleep 15
openbox &
/usr/bin/spotify
killall -9 openbox

Normally you must have sound on the 2 cases. If not, then the problem is related to your system configuration.

First script doesn't work as intended because xbmc starts automatically when you kill it. So in my case I kill xbmc, and xbmc is immediately started, then Spotiy is started. When I exit Spotify Xbmc is started a second time.

The second script doesn't work (no sound).

BUT, I've got it to work by enabling my on-board sound card and using the spdif on it for PCM! HDMI is still used for passthrough. Now all sound works Smile I've associated that spdif output with Xbmc's AV profile in my receiver and everything works now. Now both passthrough HDMI sound and SPDIF PCM works when on that AV profile.
Rofl
ive tried to search, so i apologise if this has been asked previously...

can this add-on open any web browser and give focus/kill xbmc, then when browser is exited restart xbmc/switch focus back to xbmc on Raspbmc distro?

thx,
D.
(2013-09-05, 10:19)Dam0 Wrote: ive tried to search, so i apologise if this has been asked previously...

can this add-on open any web browser and give focus/kill xbmc, then when browser is exited restart xbmc/switch focus back to xbmc on Raspbmc distro?

thx,
D.
As Raspbmc is based on linux and can use command line, yes it it possible.
http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=39
http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=40
You may also need to modify your script to use a light windows/desktop manager.
thank you for the informative reply.

by chance could you also recommend a light windows/desktop manager that might be suitable, remembering that raspberry pi only has 512mb ram?

thx,
Dam0
(2013-09-05, 13:22)Dam0 Wrote: thank you for the informative reply.

by chance could you also recommend a light windows/desktop manager that might be suitable, remembering that raspberry pi only has 512mb ram?

thx,
Dam0
You can try to install Openbox (it use less 10MB of RAM).
(2013-09-05, 14:36)Angelscry Wrote: You can try to install Openbox ....

You should consider a FAQ section on your first post Wink

By the way, remember a while ago discussing about potentially configuring a book/magazine scraper to use Amazon? Ever something you've time/interest in?

Cheers!
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2013-09-05, 20:11)n1md4 Wrote:

I think I will create a specific thread on Advanced Launcher dedicated board for this fact, but in my opinion, it is not necessary to create a FAQ for that.

(2013-09-05, 20:11)n1md4 Wrote: By the way, remember a while ago discussing about potentially configuring a book/magazine scraper to use Amazon? Ever something you've time/interest in?
Interest yes... but I definitively miss time.
(2013-09-05, 20:11)n1md4 Wrote:

Fixed : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.p...2367#p2367
  • 355(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24