• 15(current)
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
Fantastic work, guys!

Just a flying visit for now, but I intend to put some quality time into testing this baby, paying special attention to nested directories, tomorrow.
I'll also read up on TVTunes and check out rob_webset's TVTunes update.

Rich.
Already posted in the tvtunes thread, but as far as this add-on goes so far I've had mixed results. The extras play fine, but the extras menu opens with the movie info page which has never happened previously. I'm using The latest Aeon Nox stable release on Win7.
Hi Deano316,

capfuturo reported this in post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1503776

But I thought that is was sorted now - are you running the latest version?

capfuturo, can you remember what caused this?

Rob
(2013-09-14, 20:21)rob_webset Wrote: Hi Deano316,

capfuturo reported this in post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1503776

But I thought that is was sorted now - are you running the latest version?

capfuturo, can you remember what caused this?

Rob

I'm running the latest version of both.
Hi there,

Yes, it got fixed placing the right onload/unonload calls by the <window> header in DialogVideoInfo.xml. For DVdExtras v.1.2.3 we used:
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,start_theme,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onload>
<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,stop_theme)</onunload>

That is assuming you still use the theme playback capability from DVDExtras without patching TVTunes with Rob's patch or using TVTunes 3.1.0. If not the latter, then installing DVDExtras v1.2.4 (deactivating theme playback) using the new onload call in DialogVideoInfo.xml should take car of the 'Extras' popping-up immediately when accessing 'Info" pane seen up to DVDExtras v1.2.2.

New onload call (Aeon Nox Skin only) with TVTunes 3.1.0:
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True&amp;loop=False)</onload>
New onload call (Confluence Skin) with TVTunes 3.1.0:
Code:
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True&amp;loop=False)</onload>
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Problem solved. Extras play fine, info screen opens correctly. Outstanding Big Grin

Using the theme music from tvtunes and seems to work great also.
Bug 
(2013-09-11, 20:31)Rich.T. Wrote: @rob_webset,

v1.2.3 on Windows 7:

I'm getting some interesting errors in the log.
Notice the mixture of \ and /

Code:
19:14:19 T:6632  NOTICE: DvdExtras : finding extras for start_theme
19:14:19 T:7136   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10138
19:14:19 T:7136   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
19:14:19 T:6632  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Checking existence for /Extras/
19:14:19 T:6632   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting

Code:
19:14:23 T:7476  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Path: C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.dvdextras
19:14:23 T:7476  NOTICE: DvdExtras : finding extras for D:\XBMC\Movies\District 9 (2009)\District.9.2009.Bluray.1080p.DTS-HD-7.1.x264.MKV
19:14:23 T:7476  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Checking existence for D:\XBMC\Movies\District 9 (2009)/Extras/
19:14:23 T:7136   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10138
19:14:23 T:7136   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
19:14:23 T:7476  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Nested check in directory: D:\XBMC\Movies\District 9 (2009)/Extras/
19:14:23 T:7136   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------
19:14:23 T:7136   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------

Code:
19:07:49 T:6324  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Checking existence for D:\XBMC\TV\Hannibal\Season 1/Extras/
19:07:49 T:5912   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10138
19:07:49 T:5912   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
19:07:49 T:6324  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Nested check in directory: D:\XBMC\TV\Hannibal\Season 1/Extras/

I kept getting this error, so I checked back through the code and found that it needed changing in a couple of places in DVDExtras.py:

Line 138:
Code:
extrasDir = basepath + "/" + xbmcaddon.Addon().getSetting( "extrasDirName" ) + "/"
needed to change to:
Code:
extrasDir = basepath + "\\" + xbmcaddon.Addon().getSetting( "extrasDirName" ) + "\\"

and

Line 178:
Code:
dirpath = basepath + "/" + dirname + "/"
needed to change to:
Code:
dirpath = basepath + "\\" + dirname + "\\"

I believe this should make the code functional on Windows systems at least, but might break it for Unix.
Can anyone else confirm this?
My guess is that the testers reporting success above are running XBMC on Mac or Linux; my test system here is on Windows 7.

I'm going to have to check.

Rich.
Rich, this was how the original add-on did it - so I'm surprise you are having a problem with it. And as it happens I am testing and running on Windows.

As it happens the correct way of doing this I believe is to use "os.sep"

Rob
For the record, I'm running Windows 7 as well.
Question 
(2013-09-15, 08:00)rob_webset Wrote: Rich, this was how the original add-on did it - so I'm surprise you are having a problem with it. And as it happens I am testing and running on Windows.

You know; it beats the hell out of me.
The original version worked fine (in it's way) and this behaviour only started to manifest recently, I believe. I think that the logs speak for themselves, though. It just seems bizarre to me.Confused

(2013-09-15, 08:00)rob_webset Wrote: As it happens the correct way of doing this I believe is to use "os.sep"

Rob

Thanks so much for that, Rob! I was trying to find such a function earlier (probably after you had made the above post, tooSad), but gave up after a little while.

I changed the lines to:
Code:
extrasDir = basepath + os.sep + xbmcaddon.Addon().getSetting( "extrasDirName" ) + os.sep
and
Code:
dirpath = basepath + os.sep + dirname + os.sep
so it now seems to work fine in both Linux and Windows.

I know that no one else has had the same problem, but it might be worth committing as a change because it can't hurt really, can it?

It's worth thinking about, anyway.

Rich.
Haven't tried the new version, but will soon. Thanks for the updates! One question - have you been able to solve the request of hiding the button when the Extras directory is empty or non-existent so that the 'Extras' button only shows up when valid extras are present?
(2013-09-18, 22:39)Buzzsaw Wrote: Haven't tried the new version, but will soon. Thanks for the updates! One question - have you been able to solve the request of hiding the button when the Extras directory is empty or non-existent so that the 'Extras' button only shows up when valid extras are present?

See:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1504788
(2013-09-18, 22:39)Buzzsaw Wrote: Haven't tried the new version, but will soon. Thanks for the updates! One question - have you been able to solve the request of hiding the button when the Extras directory is empty or non-existent so that the 'Extras' button only shows up when valid extras are present?

This is issue 6 on the project issues page http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/list. You can "Star" the issue and track changes if you like.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
There was quite a bit of discussion regarding "Video Extras" addon. Now it all seems to have stopped. I know a lot of work has been going on with TVTunes, I was just curious where things are with this one? Thought maybe I might have missed a thread change.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Not missed anything - I can only seriously work on one add-on at a time as time allows - I wanted to fix outstanding issues in both DVDExtras and TvTunes before moving forward with any further changes.

I'm sure discussions will move from TvTunes back to here at some point. I will publish an initial VideoExtras at some point, which removes the Movie Themes part.

It reached the point on Video Extras that more serious work was required to add any new functionality - but time permitting, it'll happen.

(Only 2 outstanding issues/requests on TvTunes - so when they are done it will free up more time)
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8