• 38(current)
WMC as the backend - released
(2013-09-22, 00:46)hoopsdavis Wrote: I was using the newest rev but I was running into an issue, xmbc would freeze and even after ending the process, I had to reboot to open xbmc again, but after rolling back to a previous client app I haven't run into that problem again. Not really sure if it was the client but after rolling back and resolving it I didn't want to try again just yet. But the new server has no issue.

We'll have to sort that out then.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-09-22, 01:03)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 00:46)hoopsdavis Wrote: I was using the newest rev but I was running into an issue, xmbc would freeze and even after ending the process, I had to reboot to open xbmc again, but after rolling back to a previous client app I haven't run into that problem again. Not really sure if it was the client but after rolling back and resolving it I didn't want to try again just yet. But the new server has no issue.

We'll have to sort that out then.

OK, I'll continue testing throughout the weekend and let you know what I find.

In the mean time I'm doing a little research on MP to see what I can find that may help with recording issues as well as having the same stream run on client and remote at the same time. (Just curious to see if I can learn how its done in MP) I know the second client grab the same stream that was created by the first client and stream it also. Its no different than having an .mkv file on one PC but they're both playing the .mkv at the same time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I setup the server, and I'm trying to connect to it from my raspberry PI. I also tried connecting from another windows PC, running XBMC. The channel's all say "-drm" even though the basic channel's should all not have copy once on them. On the Raspberry PI they all fail to connect, on the windows machine the ones that aren't copy once work as expected. I'm guessing the problem on the raspberry PI is that all the channel's look like they are protected.
Thanks,
(2013-09-22, 01:08)ouegamer Wrote: I setup the server, and I'm trying to connect to it from my raspberry PI. I also tried connecting from another windows PC, running XBMC. The channel's all say "-drm" even though the basic channel's should all not have copy once on them. On the Raspberry PI they all fail to connect, on the windows machine the ones that aren't copy once work as expected. I'm guessing the problem on the raspberry PI is that all the channel's look like they are protected.
Thanks,

Did you add your RecordedTV share as a source in XBMC file manager?? I assume you're using Raspbmc as it's the only PI distro that has the add on as far as I know. If you've added recorded TV as a source and saved credentials to access it and rebooted and still have problems post an xbmc debug log and a server log to a pastebin site and a link here
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
How do you get the debug log, and server log off the raspbmc machine? Is the server log on the Windows Media PC? I set the share on the windows machine as readable by anyone.
Thanks
The server log is on the Windows machine xbmc debug.log (wiki) you can use ssh to get it or ftp or samba. In the Windows world "everyone" doesn't mean everyone, humor me and add a source in xbmc file manager and give it credentials from someone that has an account on the machine, I think it will solve your problem.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Trying this out just for fun (I currently have WMC on my laptop with a QAM tuner configured and running smoothly. Between of Chrome and Flash seemingly dropping all support for my GPU, Youtube no longer has proper hardware accel so what used to be smooth 720/1080 video with <20% cpu is now maxed out cpu for 720 video with dropped frames. Needless to say I am moving over to XBMC for Youtube instead). Same machine, Win7 64 bit. Server part installed and latest 0.1.8 XBMC plugin installed. Trying to enable it and throws an error and says it cannot be enabled. Here's the relevant chunk from the debug log:
Code:
09:21:58 T:3492  NOTICE: Thread PVRClient start, auto delete: false
09:21:58 T:3492   DEBUG: PVR::CPVRClients::RegisterClient - registering add-on 'Windows Media Center PVR'
09:21:58 T:3492   DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'Windows Media Center PVR'
09:21:58 T:3492   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - Windows Media Center PVR
09:21:58 T:3492   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll)
09:21:58 T:3492 WARNING: Win32DllLoader::ResolveExport - Unable to resolve: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll ADDON_Announce
09:21:58 T:3492   ERROR: Unable to resolve exports from dll C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll
09:21:58 T:3492   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDll(C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll)
09:21:58 T:3492    INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:Windows Media Center PVR, clientID:pvr.wmc (same Thread=no)
09:21:58 T:3492 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on Windows Media Center PVR, status = 6
09:21:58 T:3492 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on Windows Media Center PVR, disabling it
(2013-09-22, 15:36)cr08 Wrote: Trying this out just for fun (I currently have WMC on my laptop with a QAM tuner configured and running smoothly. Between of Chrome and Flash seemingly dropping all support for my GPU, Youtube no longer has proper hardware accel so what used to be smooth 720/1080 video with <20% cpu is now maxed out cpu for 720 video with dropped frames. Needless to say I am moving over to XBMC for Youtube instead). Same machine, Win7 64 bit. Server part installed and latest 0.1.8 XBMC plugin installed. Trying to enable it and throws an error and says it cannot be enabled. Here's the relevant chunk from the debug log:
Code:
09:21:58 T:3492  NOTICE: Thread PVRClient start, auto delete: false
09:21:58 T:3492   DEBUG: PVR::CPVRClients::RegisterClient - registering add-on 'Windows Media Center PVR'
09:21:58 T:3492   DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'Windows Media Center PVR'
09:21:58 T:3492   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - Windows Media Center PVR
09:21:58 T:3492   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll)
09:21:58 T:3492 WARNING: Win32DllLoader::ResolveExport - Unable to resolve: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll ADDON_Announce
09:21:58 T:3492   ERROR: Unable to resolve exports from dll C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll
09:21:58 T:3492   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDll(C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll)
09:21:58 T:3492    INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:Windows Media Center PVR, clientID:pvr.wmc (same Thread=no)
09:21:58 T:3492 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on Windows Media Center PVR, status = 6
09:21:58 T:3492 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on Windows Media Center PVR, disabling it

Are you running XBMC Gotham? The released wmc.pvr addon is for Frodo. We do have a Gotham branch for the addon but arent releasing builds from it at the moment

If you are on frodo, then double check you used the windows build for pvr.wmc addon and not one of the linux builds?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I could have swore that I installed Frodo on here. Why I ended up with Gotham I have no clue. Thanks for having me check that. Smile Going to downgrade now and hope that does it. If it continues I'll post back.
lol, it should do the trick. That ADDON_Announce is a new function that has to be implemented to support Gotham, so given it was whinging about not being able to resolve it, I figured it must have been that Smile
(2013-09-18, 10:40)smacrae Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 18:39)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 17:09)krustyreturns Wrote: Ah I see. If you have multiple tuners in the same tuning space I don't know of a way to 'pick' the tuner, it just takes whichever tuner is available. One way to force it, is to start a recording on one of them, then live-tv can only use the other one.

I never start recordings this way, so this morning I tried it a lot and I can't reproduce it, it always seems to work. Even when there is only 5 minutes left in the show that is currently on it records those 5 minutes. Does this happen to you consistently or just sometimes? Try this, using the 'timeline' view of the guide, set it to record a half hour show that is not on now and see if it selects the correct show, or the show that comes after. Do this by right clicking on the show in the time line view. Let me know.

That is so cool Hoops, thanks for making this happen. How do they look? And does navigation to the 'ok' and 'cancel' buttons work using the remote?

Everything works like a charm, looks great. And yes you can access "ok" and "Cancel" using the remote.

I highly recommend this skin.

I wish this Skin had support for Plex (PleXMBC)....this would make it the perfect skin....

Yeah, Arctic is great and the series record works well with it. Thank you for getting in incorporated. I would also love to see plexbmc support for it as well as a little feature like this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98567 to auto prompt for episode deletion to show at the end of a show. There are plenty of people that don't want to see that kind of feature for fear of accidentally deleting something from their libraries, but I think it totally makes sense now that there is PVR support and that is a very Tivo-like feature. Anyway, I should probably go post this to the Arctic thread...

I have had one slight hiccup with my 1068 server/1011 client setup using a Hauppauge 2250 card and I am not quite sure how to get a log for it. I set up a series recording of Jeopardy (using the menus/dialog within the skin of XBMC) and it successfully records. When I play it back, there is no audio. When I watch live TV, there is audio. I have recorded other content and the audio has been there. I will continue to monitor and provide feedback.

Thanks again for all the work!
(2013-09-22, 15:57)milkman dan Wrote:
(2013-09-18, 10:40)smacrae Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 18:39)hoopsdavis Wrote: Everything works like a charm, looks great. And yes you can access "ok" and "Cancel" using the remote.

I highly recommend this skin.

I wish this Skin had support for Plex (PleXMBC)....this would make it the perfect skin....

Yeah, Arctic is great and the series record works well with it. Thank you for getting in incorporated. I would also love to see plexbmc support for it as well as a little feature like this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98567 to auto prompt for episode deletion to show at the end of a show. There are plenty of people that don't want to see that kind of feature for fear of accidentally deleting something from their libraries, but I think it totally makes sense now that there is PVR support and that is a very Tivo-like feature. Anyway, I should probably go post this to the Arctic thread...

I have had one slight hiccup with my 1068 server/1011 client setup using a Hauppauge 2250 card and I am not quite sure how to get a log for it. I set up a series recording of Jeopardy (using the menus/dialog within the skin of XBMC) and it successfully records. When I play it back, there is no audio. When I watch live TV, there is audio. I have recorded other content and the audio has been there. I will continue to monitor and provide feedback.

Thanks again for all the work!

can you try playing the recorded TV files in WMC itself and see if you get audio there? If you are able to reproduce it, can you get a 5 minute sample and upload it somewhere for krusty and I to have a look at? Also, server logs are located here: C:\ProgramData\VDsoftware\ServerWMC\ServerWMC.log

there is also a button in the ServerWMC applicationt to view the log etc

Im not sure we will see much... live TV working means that the live recording and remuxing is finding audio. The scheduled recording just schedules it with WMC service to do the actual recording so it seems like WMC isnt including the audio when it records it. If you do a recording in normal WMC does that give audio?
scarecrow420 got a question for you. In your EPG Timeline, when you look at a sporting event in the guide, does it show the teams playing?

This is what I get

NFL FOOTBALL
Unavailable
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey hoops, im not on my XBMC htpc at the moment, but the first thing i'd check is what the data shown in WMC Epg is? If it is showing more details than we are then there could be some issue.

Also, it may not help too much here but I added a new logging option to the config.xml called LogReplyMessages, if you set that to true and then check the server log, you should see full content of the reply messages being sent from the server to the XBMC addon (ie for a GetEntries you will see the entire Epg for every channel/show listing, or a GetShowInfo you will see the details of a single show).
(2013-09-22, 16:23)scarecrow420 Wrote: hey hoops, im not on my XBMC htpc at the moment, but the first thing i'd check is what the data shown in WMC Epg is? If it is showing more details than we are then there could be some issue.

Also, it may not help too much here but I added a new logging option to the config.xml called LogReplyMessages, if you set that to true and then check the server log, you should see full content of the reply messages being sent from the server to the XBMC addon (ie for a GetEntries you will see the entire Epg for every channel/show listing, or a GetShowInfo you will see the details of a single show).

OK, I'll make that setting "True" in the config.xml
Also I know wmc show the teams playing but its not being pulled over to xbmc epg

scarecrow420, I'm wondering is the "ViewTypesPVR.xml in the addons\skin name\i1080 folder could be edited to include epg subtitles such as team names and episode names.

I saw this listed in MP forum when I used MP as a backend.

<control>
<description>Current program name</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>27</id>
<posX>374</posX>
<posY>614</posY>
<label>#TV.Guide.EpisodeName</label>
<align>left</align>
<font>font14</font>
<textcolor>FFB2D4F5</textcolor>
<animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="500">WindowClose</animation>
</control>

The one and only thing that is important about this block is <label>#TV.Guide.EpisodeName</label>. This will display the name of the sports event/Episode Name. Leave the <type> and <id> alone as well.
Office

• 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9