• 23(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
(2013-09-21, 03:08)RedPenguin Wrote: Well what I will do just to double check this is, recompile a new file and see if that works.

EDIT: In the testing folder, I put a freshly compiled file. If that fails, it's past my abilities and you will have to contact someone such as KSV or svnpenn who have way more experience with this, then myself, as I am not a programmer, scripter yes, but not a programmer.

Thank you for compiling a new file redpenguin. Really appreciate everything you are doing. But I found out the problem and everything is working good again. Sorry to put you through all that. You are very king. God bless brother and thanks once again for doing everything.
(2013-09-24, 05:14)binder420 Wrote:
(2013-09-21, 03:08)RedPenguin Wrote: Well what I will do just to double check this is, recompile a new file and see if that works.

EDIT: In the testing folder, I put a freshly compiled file. If that fails, it's past my abilities and you will have to contact someone such as KSV or svnpenn who have way more experience with this, then myself, as I am not a programmer, scripter yes, but not a programmer.

Thank you for compiling a new file redpenguin. Really appreciate everything you are doing. But I found out the problem and everything is working good again. Sorry to put you through all that. You are very king. God bless brother and thanks once again for doing everything.

Oh, good to hear that your issue is resolved (now if I can just get all these Android issues solved, LoL). So I take it the issue wasn't a librtmp issue?
(2013-09-24, 05:20)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2013-09-24, 05:14)binder420 Wrote:

Oh, good to hear that your issue is resolved (now if I can just get all these Android issues solved, LoL). So I take it the issue wasn't a librtmp issue?
The issue was that I had to turn on video acceleration in the settings and it stopped the stuttering, but thanks anyway for everything.
Has any Android user here figured out any way to update the librtmp.so without creating a custom APK?

This method is getting daunting and confusing to maintain APKs and seems like so much work just for one file.

Being that Android is based on Linux, you'd have to assume there is an easier way around this.

I know in "normal" Linux you can have the file replaced on boot but novices can easily destory their system that way.
Did anybody find the way update the librtmp in android bcoz I am trying since 2 months to update but I couldnt get success there is no option data/data ...data comes only once not twice if anybody got success plz post in here how they did it thanks
HOW TO UPDATE LIBRTMP IN ANDROID PHONE/DEVICES

http://goo.gl/FfJG1m
hi im trying to update the librtmp files on xbmcbuntu but dont know what files i need and also dont know what path tho replace them can anyone help?

i have replaced the windows files on another computer and all is working so i know how to do that just not on the xbmcbuntu version

also is the link down on here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...te_librtmp as the mediafire link just times out?

(2013-09-25, 16:13)sagheerahmed94 Wrote: Did anybody find the way update the librtmp in android bcoz I am trying since 2 months to update but I couldnt get success there is no option data/data ...data comes only once not twice if anybody got success plz post in here how they did it thanks

have u got ur device rooted as i read u need to root it so u can get to the correct file location
(2013-09-25, 20:16)nufc4life1982 Wrote: hi im trying to update the librtmp files on xbmcbuntu but dont know what files i need and also dont know what path tho replace them can anyone help?

i have replaced the windows files on another computer and all is working so i know how to do that just not on the xbmcbuntu version

also is the link down on here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...te_librtmp as the mediafire link just times out?

Well on the wiki page you linked to, it tells you where to look for Linux:

Linux: Various locations, use find / | grep librtmp.so.0 to find libtrmp

Also if you are running XBMCBuntu as a Live, non-installed (hard drive) or non-persistant (thumb-drive), replacing the file would only be temporarily and per boot instance, unless you make a custom live image.

(2013-09-25, 16:13)sagheerahmed94 Wrote: Did anybody find the way update the librtmp in android bcoz I am trying since 2 months to update but I couldnt get success there is no option data/data ...data comes only once not twice if anybody got success plz post in here how they did it thanks

I know there are issues with Android and I am attempting to work out all the issues myself.

So far no volunteers with Android, have offered assistance on a better way of getting the librtmp.so on to Android.

It appears Android 4.3 must have broken my old APK method because I am doing the same steps I did previously that worked flawlessly with 4.2 and also tried the ORION tool which afaik seems to do the same thing and still no go.

I'm beginning to run out of ideas for Android.
Thanks RP for ur reply

RP I read ur post somewhere in the forum that u r going to make regex file of live streams...do u have some I needregex streams if u want u can pm me I will be highly appreciated

Anyone using the latest Gotham builds of OpenELEC may have noticed the switch to systemd, which has required a modification to the librtmp library loading hack.

If you update to the latest hacklib file (and optionally the mktmplib file too) as referenced by the link in the first post of this thread then you should be able to replace system libraries when booting either Frodo or Gotham builds of OpenELEC.

Not sure who "bob" is, though...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Good afternoon redpenguin.
Updated the librtmp on android for latest version 9-14-13 and now xbmc does not connect to internet.
Has anyone had this problem
(2013-10-02, 14:51)pajopasa Wrote: Good afternoon redpenguin.
Updated the librtmp on android for latest version 9-14-13 and now xbmc does not connect to internet.

+1
(2013-09-25, 20:16)nufc4life1982 Wrote: hi im trying to update the librtmp files on xbmcbuntu but dont know what files i need and also dont know what path tho replace them can anyone help?

have u got ur device rooted as i read u need to root it so u can get to the correct file location

If u r asking to me then my answer is yes I have rooted gbox midnight device and android phone both r rooted and I couldnt find the right location both of them there r no data> data, data comes only once if u kow plz guide me I will be thankfull to u thanjs in advance

Hello Redpenguin. Thank you for your hard work. I have been trying to get steaming channels to play from your StreamDB.xml list. Only 10 work. I am thinking its something on my end.

Original Setup (Did not work in original setup):
Apple TV 2
XBMC 12.2

Current Setup:
Apple TV 2
XBMC 13 alpha

Steps taken so far:

1. disabled all addons except livestreams
2. replaced original librtmp with redpenguin librtmp for ATV2 or iOS
3. Enabled Logging
4. Read through 35 pages of this thread
5. Researched on Google for answers
6. Updated to the lates alpha release of XBMC for hope of new librtmp.

The most frequent error message in the log is:

ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header

My log:
http://pastebin.com/DsxQ0iLq

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I am going to try and get a hold of S74ck3r and possibly find others as I don't understand what happened to the Android.

All I can figure is 4.3 must have broken something with the way I compile it.

(2013-10-02, 14:51)pajopasa Wrote: Good afternoon redpenguin.

Do you have any log files or anything?

On my buddy's Nexus 7 4.3 does not occur, so I am unable to mimic these symptoms.

(2013-10-05, 00:36)mc2prod Wrote: Hello Redpenguin. Thank you for your hard work. I have been trying to get steaming channels to play from your StreamDB.xml list. Only 10 work. I am thinking its something on my end.

Original Setup (Did not work in original setup):
Apple TV 2
XBMC 12.2

Current Setup:
Apple TV 2
XBMC 13 alpha

Steps taken so far:

1. disabled all addons except livestreams
2. replaced original librtmp with redpenguin librtmp for ATV2 or iOS
3. Enabled Logging
4. Read through 35 pages of this thread
5. Researched on Google for answers
6. Updated to the lates alpha release of XBMC for hope of new librtmp.

The most frequent error message in the log is:

ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header

My log:
http://pastebin.com/DsxQ0iLq

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

This is nothing you did wrong or anything wrong with your setup.

It appears you were trying channels that are hosted by "ilive" and the issue right now is, they have gone into "extreme security mode" it seems.

They went from having a diff token every week or so to now encrypted tokens which I currently am unsure how to get them into LiveStreams automatically even with regex.

I may have to just manually update the list every now and then.

Funny thing is, it seemed ilive was 1-2-3, one of the easiest ever livestreams for as long as I can remember.
Hi can someone please tell me which one is for apple tv 2, Should i download apple tv 1´s or ios?
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8