• 57(current)
WMC as the backend - released
(2013-10-06, 01:09)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 00:38)bob808 Wrote: Thanks Krusty it was the credentials it now works again! I do have a couple of recordings that don't play but most seem to - any idea what may cause that as they Akan fine in windows mce.

Glad it works again (how it was working before w/o credentials, lets just ignore Smile). As for the wtv's that don't play, are they actually in a different directory than wmc's recording folder (the one it stores recordings to)?

Think there may have been a reinstall along the way but I assumed I had it the same.

The wtv that I have in mind is in the same folder - interestingly I works on the main mce machine but just spins waiting then does nothing on my atv client - most other files seem to play ok but the wait before playback can vary
I setup everything and i got my raspberry pi loaded with the latest version of raspmc. I setup windows media center got everything configured and tested for live tv i installed serverwmc latest version as of 10/5/2013. Everything ran correctly the first time i configured serverwmc and then setup the client side my raspberry pi downloaded all the epg data and connected when i tried to load a channel it just said "loading" for 5 minutes to i restarted both my computer and the raspberry pi. Then when i went to fire up serverwmc i get an error "Exception from HRESULT:0x803B8008 Unrecoverable Error - ServerWMC will terminate!" so i uninstalled serverWMC and reinstalled still say error.

Any help would be great ....I searched this thread for the error number with no results

Thank You For Everything you have done

P.S. does windows media center need to be running for serverwmc to work?
Request 1: done
Request 2: done but i see what the problem was now. i only entered the credentials in the right box but it somehow got incorporated into the path for the recorded tv folder.
Request 3: done http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14622
new topic: with the credentials removed i can play live tv and recorded tv on the windows client, which is great progress! thanks

however, if i move onto to trying the pi's next, which is really my goal, then i thought i understood that the credentials were required to be set?
(2013-10-06, 22:38)LehighBri Wrote: Is there any plans to make this compatible with OpenELEC or will it only be on raspbmc for the foreseeable future? It will help me figure out if I change my rpi to raspbmc or not (I never tried raspbmc but am certainly not opposed to changing).

PS... this is working great on my windows machine and I'm starting to use it more and more every day (I have been a SageTV user for many years and am working to move off of that at some point...)

Thanks, hope to get you all the way off of sage. All I can tell you is that no OpenElect builder has contacted me about making a client build for it that would be auto distributed, which is what happens with raspbmc. If the situation changes, I will post it here, and on the first post of this thread, and on the download page for this app.

(2013-10-06, 23:56)bob808 Wrote: The wtv that I have in mind is in the same folder - interestingly I works on the main mce machine but just spins waiting then does nothing on my atv client - most other files seem to play ok but the wait before playback can vary

When you say it works on the 'main mce machine', do you mean it plays with the server/client in xbmc, or just that it plays with wmc?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-10-07, 00:09)spaceboy Wrote: Request 1: done
Request 2: done but i see what the problem was now. i only entered the credentials in the right box but it somehow got incorporated into the path for the recorded tv folder.
Request 3: done http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14622
new topic: with the credentials removed i can play live tv and recorded tv on the windows client, which is great progress! thanks

however, if i move onto to trying the pi's next, which is really my goal, then i thought i understood that the credentials were required to be set?

Thanks for doing all the requests, especially #3. If/when you get updates on this please let me know, either on this thread or PM me.

about the new topic:
Ok, I know what the problem is. First let me backup. You are right that the credentials are needed form your non-windows clients to connect to the server. When credentials are specified, these credentials are added to the path given to the client. Windows clients will ignore these credentials added to the path, but non-windows clients will need them in order to connect.

These credentials are added to the path in this form:
smb:\\<username>:<password>@\<path to data>

You can probably guess where the problem is, your username contains an '@', which conflicts with the @ used in the smb path. I didn't think @ was legal in a username, so I used this to detect credentials embedded in a path, so I need to fix this (that's also why your password was mistakenly not starred out in the config file).

I am also worried that even when I fix this, xbmc will be confused by the @ in your user name when it tries to resolve the network path. Maybe Dilligaf knows and will chime in. Anyway, I will have this fixed in my code on the next rev. Which I can hopefully get out tomorrow or the next day. We'll see then whether xbmc has trouble with it.

Very nice catch spaceboy, sorry its been such a headache.

--kr

(2013-10-07, 00:00)superxbmc Wrote: I setup everything and i got my raspberry pi loaded with the latest version of raspmc. I setup windows media center got everything configured and tested for live tv i installed serverwmc latest version as of 10/5/2013. Everything ran correctly the first time i configured serverwmc and then setup the client side my raspberry pi downloaded all the epg data and connected when i tried to load a channel it just said "loading" for 5 minutes to i restarted both my computer and the raspberry pi. Then when i went to fire up serverwmc i get an error "Exception from HRESULT:0x803B8008 Unrecoverable Error - ServerWMC will terminate!" so i uninstalled serverWMC and reinstalled still say error.

Any help would be great ....I searched this thread for the error number with no results

No, media center does not need to be running. Did you set the credentials in the folder tab of serverwmc before you tried the raspbmc client?

As to the problem you are having now, you can find the server log in:
C:\ProgramData\VDsoftware\ServerWMC\serverwmc.log

put this file in pasebin.com and post a link to it here.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
no problem at all.

i did come up against the problem of using my win8 username and password in xbmc before, on the raspberry pi. its needed for the pi to access the smb shares where all the media is. i don't really remember how i solved it, but i did

glad to have helped!
well this is interesting. i just thought i'd try the pi out and tried live tv and it works! i'm getting more no video data errors (probably 9/10 fail) than what i was seeing in windows but all channels play eventually. icons show up too. recorded tv does not play back though. it all looks as though its working and the time counter pops up but nothing plays.

so when i thought about it it was obvious why it worked. as i said above the pi has access to the win8 machine to access the smb shares and one of the disks shared is the recorded tv one. can't see why recorded tv isn't playing back though

one request, i think i did see it at some point on the thread, can i ask is transcoding on the wish list? performance at 1080 on the pi isn't bad considering but i think 720p would be pretty sweet

thanks again, this is great work
User:pass@address is standard syntax, I'm not suere but a @ in the user name is most likely to cause problems, maybe quotes around the username like you would use for spaces?? Best bet is to use a username without an @ symbol in it
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Has anybody edited the RecordPrefs.XML and DeleteTimer.XML files to display properly with Aeon-Nox 4.19?
(2013-10-07, 03:06)TheImmortal Wrote: Has anybody edited the RecordPrefs.XML and DeleteTimer.XML files to display properly with Aeon-Nox 4.19?
I don't think so but most of the skinners have been responsive to requests to include them. Best thing to do is post a request in the skins thread with a link to the files.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-10-07, 00:56)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 00:00)superxbmc Wrote: I setup everything and i got my raspberry pi loaded with the latest version of raspmc. I setup windows media center got everything configured and tested for live tv i installed serverwmc latest version as of 10/5/2013. Everything ran correctly the first time i configured serverwmc and then setup the client side my raspberry pi downloaded all the epg data and connected when i tried to load a channel it just said "loading" for 5 minutes to i restarted both my computer and the raspberry pi. Then when i went to fire up serverwmc i get an error "Exception from HRESULT:0x803B8008 Unrecoverable Error - ServerWMC will terminate!" so i uninstalled serverWMC and reinstalled still say error.

No, media center does not need to be running. Did you set the credentials in the folder tab of serverwmc before you tried the raspbmc client?

As to the problem you are having now, you can find the server log in:
C:\ProgramData\VDsoftware\ServerWMC\serverwmc.log

put this file in pasebin.com and post a link to it here.

Here you go
Code:
http://pastebin.com/1uM5vRur

thank you
First off, thanks for all the great work on this!

I've got everything setup and have it working with 1 of my tuners (an HD-PVR), but am having trouble watching live TV from my other tuners (analog, and QAM tuners on a Hauppauge Win-TV card).

When attempting to tune live TV to any channel that is served-up from either the analog or QAM tuner, the process fails with a "No Video Data Found on this Channel" error. The channels don't have any issue from within WMC, and I can successfully watch any of the channels that are served up from the HD-PVR tuner through the XBMC PVR with no issues.

Any help in troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I've provided one of the logs that includes the errors:
http://pastebin.com/UYFxPDn9
(2013-10-06, 00:10)TheImmortal Wrote:
(2013-10-05, 22:40)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-05, 20:07)TheImmortal Wrote: It isn't working for me. From what it sounds like based on your response, it should be working. Let me do some tests and report back. It may be an issue with my config.

Very curious about this, please let me know what you find. I assume you see the guide icons when you run the client on the windows server, right?

Is there a known working skin where the thumbs show? I am currently using Arctic and from what I can tell, the skin doesn't support that feature at the moment on the EPG or TV Channels pages, but when I go to Recordings it shows the show thumbnail so somewhere it is working.

I don't think any skin supports what you're looking for, from what I understand the information called for the EPG is xbmc related not skin related.

I've been trying to figure out how to get more info for the EPG data for a long time now, I'd like to see the subtitle info (sports teams and episode title) but I can't find a way to make it happen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2013-10-03, 19:01)LehighBri Wrote: Is there any plans to make this compatible with OpenELEC or will it only be on raspbmc for the foreseeable future? It will help me figure out if I change my rpi to raspbmc or not (I never tried raspbmc but am certainly not opposed to changing).

PS... this is working great on my windows machine and I'm starting to use it more and more every day (I have been a SageTV user for many years and am working to move off of that at some point...)

I also came from many years of SageTV. I sold all my HD300 and licenses about 8 months ago and have been searching for a replacement. This appears to be the next big thing :-)
(2013-10-07, 01:52)Dilligaf Wrote: User:pass@address is standard syntax, I'm not suere but a @ in the user name is most likely to cause problems, maybe quotes around the username like you would use for spaces?? Best bet is to use a username without an @ symbol in it

hi diligaf, but as indicated thats not possible and already working for me on the raspberry pi. the win8 machine has to be logged into the outlook account in order to access things like the Microsoft store, skype etc. there will be an @ in the username.

plus the pi is already accessing smb shares using these credentials under raspbmc
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9