• 74(current)
WMC as the backend - released
(2013-10-22, 16:55)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-10-22, 12:18)IanPH Wrote: Krustyreturns, I installed ServerWMC yesterday and I really like it! Thank you for this backend approach.
I unfortunately also had stutter issue using DVB-S2 HD channels (Canal Digitaal HD) using OpenELEC Generic 3.2.3.
All SD channels (either MPEG2 or h264) work great.
I hope XBMC will fix issue 14622 soon.

I do have a question though. All channels go in the TV category eventhough the last 8 channels on my server are radio channels.
Is it possible to sort the radio channels to the radio category?

Another request I have, could it be possible to make the "Close button" behaviour configurable on the server side?
I would love it to not Close the software but to hide in the systray when the closebutton is pressed (as it works with many server programs).

All-in-all I really love ServerWMC! Thanks again!

That's interesting about the radio channels getting mixed into the video channels. Can you post a server log and send me a link? What happens when you try to watch one of these channels? Try that before you send me the log so that I can see it in the log. In wmc do these channels show up in the tv channel list in the guide?

I have not implemented radio (hope to sometime) so moving them to the radio category wouldn't make sense, but they should at least be filtered out from the tv channels.

The sys-tray close box is a good option. In that mode, if you actually want to quit the server, how do you want to do it?
Right click on tray icon and have "Close Server" in the context menu, just my 2 cents.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
Can someone advise me on how to get the pvr.wmc integrated into a Rpi Openelec build? I am asking because after testing both Rasbmc and OpenElec on my Pi I've found the latest OpenElec to be faster booting and more responsive than Rasbmc, which unfortantely doesn't come bundled with the pvr.wmc addon.

I've read the past comments here and on the openelec forums suggesting that we can copy the addon from the rasbmc release over to openelec? I don't know what files/folders need to be copied if someone is willing to PM the details I would like to try.

Thanks!
What w84no1 suggested is actually exactly what I would like to suggest.

When the configuration window is open and you press the "Close" button it should not really close ServerWMC, but minimize to the systray.

Then the trayicon should in that case have a rightclick menu with an "Exit" option (among maybe other handy direct access features?!).

Maybe the systray icon can stay there, even when the config window is up?

As for the "radio" category. I assume from your reaction, it should have added the radio channels to that category instead of the television category?

I will create a log and post it later tonight.
Hi everyone,

A new version of the server is up (1083). See change log for details.

Thanks as always to hoopsdavis for testing.

--kr
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Does this support series recordings?
(2013-10-22, 18:04)miker25 Wrote: Can someone advise me on how to get the pvr.wmc integrated into a Rpi Openelec build? I am asking because after testing both Rasbmc and OpenElec on my Pi I've found the latest OpenElec to be faster booting and more responsive than Rasbmc, which unfortantely doesn't come bundled with the pvr.wmc addon.

I've read the past comments here and on the openelec forums suggesting that we can copy the addon from the rasbmc release over to openelec? I don't know what files/folders need to be copied if someone is willing to PM the details I would like to try

To expound on this, is there a particular reason the rpi add on isn't considered a more generic add-on client and listed below the Win, Linux, OSX links?

It seems like Pivos or other ARM box users could make good use of this, right Huh
(2013-10-22, 23:34)Dark_Slayer Wrote:
(2013-10-22, 18:04)miker25 Wrote: Can someone advise me on how to get the pvr.wmc integrated into a Rpi Openelec build? I am asking because after testing both Rasbmc and OpenElec on my Pi I've found the latest OpenElec to be faster booting and more responsive than Rasbmc, which unfortantely doesn't come bundled with the pvr.wmc addon.

I've read the past comments here and on the openelec forums suggesting that we can copy the addon from the rasbmc release over to openelec? I don't know what files/folders need to be copied if someone is willing to PM the details I would like to try

To expound on this, is there a particular reason the rpi add on isn't considered a more generic add-on client and listed below the Win, Linux, OSX links?

It seems like Pivos or other ARM box users could make good use of this, right Huh

That's weird, Dilligaf usually handles these.

My understanding is that if you want to get pvr.wmc on openelec, you have to ask the developers there to compile and add it their distro. That's why its on on raspbmc - Dilligaf asked its developer to add it. I understand that people have copied the pvr.wmc directory and contents from raspbmc to openelect and I hear it works, but since these builds are done by their respective developers for their specific system, it would not be cool to take their build out and distribute it on our download page.

Now if someone came a long and complied a generic version for these systems, I don't see why I could not put that build up on the website - after all, that's why we have the builds we have for windows, linux and apple. So far though, no volunteers have come forward.

(2013-10-22, 22:43)VeXed85 Wrote: Does this support series recordings?

Yes but its skin dependent. See the download page for info and instructions.
(2013-10-23, 02:46)krustyreturns Wrote: That's weird, Dilligaf usually handles these.
Yeah I do but it gets OLD repeating the same thing every 2-3 pages, here it is from last time http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1525768

Once pvr.wmc is added to the xbmc repo it will be built automatically by everyone

This post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150575 confirms that it is the distros responsibility to build the pvr addons.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Don't take this the wrong way, I would LOVE to see pvr.wmc in every variant of xbmc that is out there, it's up to YOU the user to hound the developer/builder of your distro of choice to include it in their builds, if enough people ask they will include it if only to shut you up Smile
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-10-23, 03:50)Sim58pson Wrote: I would like an answer the recorded tv sort question tooImageImageImageImageImage

I don't know what question you are referring to. If its in the images in your post, my system seems to think the links are broken. What's the question again?

(2013-10-23, 03:16)Dilligaf Wrote: Don't take this the wrong way, I would LOVE to see pvr.wmc in every variant of xbmc that is out there, it's up to YOU the user to hound the developer/builder of your distro of choice to include it in their builds, if enough people ask they will include it if only to shut you up Smile

These guys are asking:
http://openelec.tv/forum/71-pvr-live-tv/...ent-add-on

it just doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. It probably doesn't qualify as a 'hound though'. Or you are just better at it than they are.
This is more pointed to Dilligaf for input.

In RaspBMC it seems to take just about forever to load the Recordings section under LiveTV.
This is over LAN to a samba share. I thought initially that once it loaded for the 1st time that subsequent loads would be faster (maybe it cache's some of it), however that doesn't seem to be the case. I admit I have a lot of recordings on the main PC (around 800GB) however any idea what it is doing to take that long? If it is trying to fetch all kinds of stuff, can we just make it a simple file directory listing and speed it up by like 100 times?
I'm sorry if I sound frustrated I was just surprised it takes a minute or more to load a directory.
Any thoughts?.. Thanks.
Unless Krusty builds a cache then there is none and the directory must be scanned every time, that's just the way it is. I have about 500 gig of Recorded TV (101 files) and it only takes a couple seconds to load. Are you overclocked at all? SD card or USB install? I'm running off a USB 3 flash drive and clocked to 1 Ghz with a wired network with no problems
I've dabbled with over clocking a bit, I believe I was on the "fast" setting at the time. I have a USB3 drive arriving today that I will setup with the Pi and hopefully that helps some. A buddy of mine with a Pi stock clock is experiencing the same issue as me (also SD card install) . I'm glad to hear yours is only a couple of seconds, I'm hopeful then with the flash drive install that it will be faster.
I have a wired connection also.
If the time can get down to a couple of seconds the cache is likely not needed.
Thanks for the feedback.
(2013-10-23, 03:03)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2013-10-23, 02:46)krustyreturns Wrote: That's weird, Dilligaf usually handles these.
Yeah I do but it gets OLD repeating the same thing every 2-3 pages, here it is from last time http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1525768

Once pvr.wmc is added to the xbmc repo it will be built automatically by everyone

This post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150575 confirms that it is the distros responsibility to build the pvr addons.

(2013-10-23, 03:16)Dilligaf Wrote: Don't take this the wrong way, I would LOVE to see pvr.wmc in every variant of xbmc that is out there, it's up to YOU the user to hound the developer/builder of your distro of choice to include it in their builds, if enough people ask they will include it if only to shut you up Smile

I'm guessing it wouldn't be repeated as often if it made any sense

We aren't using repos for this add-on. We are manually installing from zip, what on earth keeps the raspbmc-developed add-on from being provided as a zip?

my openelec intel x64 build is running the linux x64 add-on from the google drive page. It is not specifically developed by or maintained by openelec. Their support area seems to be on vacation at the moment either way. I can easily understand why debian based add-ons might break in raspbian, but I can't see why a raspbian based add on would break going the other way. Since a working start is already complete, why not provide it instead of using some odd strawman argument that points towards an undefined "dev/distro" builder
(2013-10-23, 22:07)Dark_Slayer Wrote: my openelec intel x64 build is running the linux x64 add-on from the google drive page. It is not specifically developed by or maintained by openelec. Their support area seems to be on vacation at the moment either way. I can easily understand why debian based add-ons might break in raspbian, but I can't see why a raspbian based add on would break going the other way. Since a working start is already complete, why not provide it instead of using some odd strawman argument that points towards an undefined "dev/distro" builder

The developer of raspbmc takes the time to do a build of the client code and include it in his software, I assume in order to help defferentiate raspbmc. I am not going to then go into his build, lift the stuff he compiled, and put it on my website so everybody can have at it.

Of course, if we got permission, that would be a different story.
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9