• 62(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
I know pretty much nothing about raspbmc to be honest - I think openelec is working ok with xsqueeze currently - maybe pop in a notehr SD card and give that a go as an alternate option? I don't think you have to manually install alsa with that (didn't realise you had to with raspbmc, either?)

You should be able to exit xsqueeze easily enough (exc on keyboard, home/back on remote). But it may take a while to exit as the artist slideshow service in the background is not awesome at dealing with exiting and can take up to 10 secs even on a full platform, so maybe longer on the Pi.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I thought that you tried it with RaspBMC. I got a well working installation (with all configured, remote control etc.) and i wanted to add Xsqueeze as an additional asset to get the sound in my whole appartement, so if it's not possible, I'll maybe try another solution than squeezeboxes as I'm not a good enough to adapt the code myself.
Anyway, the fact of adding alsa allowed to get some music on my PC and my RPi but with 1-2 sec gap and without music information (on RPi) and no possibility to close it.
I'll try to wait longer to at least be able to close it.
Am I the only one to try XSqueeze on RaspBMC?
Thanks 4 your fast answer.
Is possible start XSqueeze headless? I want full functionality XBMC and SqueezeLite on the background for playing music from android remote phone...
For that you just need squeezelite started on your computer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, I know, but I think headless mode in XSqueeze would be useful for many people beacause it is simpler than installing squeezelite under command prompt thru SSH.

(2013-11-02, 00:37)nickr Wrote: For that you just need squeezelite started on your computer.

@Eleasias - I did try it, a while ago, when you didn't need to install alsa. But honestly I can't be bothered with the Pi, it's jsut too wimpy, so I rarely get mine off the shelf. Best to ask in there forums, or at least try anotehr distro (openelec has been getting lots of good press on the Pi)

@PV_XMBC Honestly, why have the baggage of XSqueeze? unix has lots of mechanisms for installing and managing things like that as a service. But if you want to code it I'll include it!
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
(2013-11-02, 11:50)bossanova808 Wrote: @PV_XMBC Honestly, why have the baggage of XSqueeze? unix has lots of mechanisms for installing and managing things like that as a service. But if you want to code it I'll include it!

Yes, you are right. It was only idea for case that it is really simple for implementation.

PS: Unfortunately, I have not knowledge for code it.

Is possible use same audio output (for example HDMI) in XBMC and XSqueeze? Of course, I would play only one audio source (XBMC or XSqueeze) in one moment...

I tried it in OpenELEC and I have errors when I want play in XBMC after I have played thru XSqueeze...
I am very new here so i have a lot of questions. Hope that i can get some help.
I currently have the program installed on my ATV 1 and i want to be able to have it play music to my patio or to my formal living room. All my music is on a HDD directly connected to myATV

1. Do I use the IP address of my ATV as the server ip
  2. If so how do I prevent it from disabling my audio settings
  3. Do I need to have an ATV in the 2 areas that I want to spread the sound too.
  4. How do I set it up for it to play in dual zone
  5. What wireless systems best work in this setup
st]
Here are a few WiFi music players I have found . Which ones are better and will they work for what I am about to attempt.

Sony VAIO VGF-WA1/W Wireless Digital Music Streamer (White)

Philips AD7000W/37 Fidelio SoundAvia Wireless Speaker with AirPlay

Sony SANS400 HomeShare Wi-Fi Network Speaker (Black) (Old Version)
@tkarns24

Presume you are using Crystalbuntu

1. You use the IP address of your LMS server for the server (?!)
2. ?
3. Yes
4. If you use squeezelite for playback, you sync the two players either using the LMS web interface (or a phone interface to LMS). With squeezeslave playback yo can do it via the on-screen green menus
5. Any with enough bandwidth for streaming up to lossless audio, so N or AC work best.

No idea about the other options...

@PV_XBMC - that should work (does on my Shuttle XS35 running Openelec 3.2.3. What OE are you running?
OK yep it i am using crystalbuntu.
How do I get LMS on my atv1 since that is where all my media is at.
I don't get your #4 response. I am very new to any of this please bare with me and kinda walk me thru this.
So any of the 3 systems posted will work
I installed LMS on my laptop ,but all my media is on a hard drive connected to my ATV

(2013-11-04, 04:26)bossanova808 Wrote: @tkarns24

Presume you are using Crystalbuntu

1. You use the IP address of your LMS server for the server (?!)
2. ?
3. Yes
4. If you use squeezelite for playback, you sync the two players either using the LMS web interface (or a phone interface to LMS). With squeezeslave playback yo can do it via the on-screen green menus
5. Any with enough bandwidth for streaming up to lossless audio, so N or AC work best.

No idea about the other options...

@PV_XBMC - that should work (does on my Shuttle XS35 running Openelec 3.2.3. What OE are you running?
I think you might be confused.

Logitech Media Server is designed and released by Logitech (They bought it from Slimdevices who called it slimserver then squeezeserver). It is designed to serve music up to Logitech (formerly Slim Devices) squeezebox hardware. However the protocol is open and the source of the server is open, so there are software implementations of the squeezebox hardware. One software implementation is squeezeslave, one is squeezelite.

Squeezeboxes (hardware or software) are controllable over a network, or in the hardware case by a IR remote control. They can be synchronised so that all (or some) play in time.

Xsqueeze allows you to do two things: (1) control other squeezeboxes in your house over the XBMC interface, and (2) make your XBMC machine emulate a squeezebox by using either squeezelite or squeezslave as a software squeezebox. This is of course controllable by function (1), the same as the other squeezeboxes in your house.

Unless your wifi boxes identified above implement the squeeze protocol, they are useless with this ecosystem.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have Zotac ZBOX HD-ID41 (ION2, Atom D525) with OpenELEC 3.2.3 (this one OpenELEC-ION.x86_64-3.2.3 ).

If I have used XSqueeze and nextly I close it, I have no HDMI source in menu System\Audio output...

(2013-11-04, 04:51)tkarns24 Wrote: @PV_XBMC - that should work (does on my Shuttle XS35 running Openelec 3.2.3. What OE are you running?
Maybe ask the OE people? Sounds like an issue with enumerating audio devices on AE resume....
(2013-11-05, 13:44)bossanova808 Wrote: Maybe ask the OE people? Sounds like an issue with enumerating audio devices on AE resume....

But, your hardware is almost same like my. Do you have same edition of OpenELEC like me?
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3