• 100(current)
WMC as the backend - released
(2013-11-19, 15:55)bry- Wrote: ShockedShockedShockedyou wake up early Sleepy
(2013-11-19, 14:26)awp0 Wrote: I'll let that run for 1.5 hours or so (until I leave for work) and then stop it and return to main menu.

Hehehe, well it's my kids who wake up early. I'm just a casualty Smile
(2013-11-19, 17:30)jeffj9930 Wrote: Glad your mommy and daddy made you KrustyReturns. Thanks.

Jeff

I'll tell Rabbi Hyman.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Hi, I am getting "An unknown error has occured, add-on cannot be loaded" when trying to enable this addon in XBMC (12.2 Frodo, Windows 7 32Bit).

I have the ServerWMC version 1.0.0.17 build 1095 running correctly with default settings (it correctly finds tuners, channels, ect.) and the Client Version 0.1.9. Windows Media Center is fully installed on my PC and Live TV is working through WMC.

Log:
10:12:54 T:4456 NOTICE: Thread PVRClient start, auto delete: false
10:12:54 T:4456 WARNING: Win32DllLoader::ResolveExport - Unable to resolve: C:\Users\Bedroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll ADDON_Announce
10:12:54 T:4456 ERROR: Unable to resolve exports from dll C:\Users\Bedroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll
10:12:54 T:4456 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on Windows Media Center PVR, status = 6
10:12:54 T:4456 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on Windows Media Center PVR, disabling it
10:12:54 T:5336 NOTICE: Thread AddonStatus pvr.wmc start, auto delete: true
(2013-11-19, 20:23)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: Hi, I am getting "An unknown error has occured, add-on cannot be loaded" when trying to enable this addon in XBMC (12.2 Frodo, Windows 7 32Bit).

I have the ServerWMC version 1.0.0.17 build 1095 running correctly with default settings (it correctly finds tuners, channels, ect.) and the Client Version 0.1.9. Windows Media Center is fully installed on my PC and Live TV is working through WMC.

Log:
10:12:54 T:4456 NOTICE: Thread PVRClient start, auto delete: false
10:12:54 T:4456 WARNING: Win32DllLoader::ResolveExport - Unable to resolve: C:\Users\Bedroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll ADDON_Announce
10:12:54 T:4456 ERROR: Unable to resolve exports from dll C:\Users\Bedroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\pvr.wmc\XBMC_WMC_win32.dll
10:12:54 T:4456 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on Windows Media Center PVR, status = 6
10:12:54 T:4456 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on Windows Media Center PVR, disabling it
10:12:54 T:5336 NOTICE: Thread AddonStatus pvr.wmc start, auto delete: true

status error 6 can happen when the addon can't resolve methods. Are you sure you aren't trying to enable the gotham version of the addon?
Did you definitely get the correct version of the addon? Eg the Frodo build and not Gotham?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
You guys are right - My XBMC had automagically updated to Gotham. Thanks for your help!
The linux builds of the 1014 client are up.
Did any of you guys have to do anything special to have the new version of the client update from the repo? I know the new builds are up on the gdrive but my Frodo hasn't updated and the update button is grayed out.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2013-11-20, 01:13)TechLife Wrote: Did any of you guys have to anything special to have the new version of the client update from the repo? I know the new builds are up on the gdrive but my Frodo hasn't updated and the update button is grayed out.

We need TheImmortal to give you an update on that, he is managing the repos.
(2013-11-20, 01:37)krustyreturns Wrote: We need TheImmortal to give you an update on that, he is managing the repos.

Yeah, that question was mainly directed to him. I just wanted to throw it out there in a more general manner to gain a broader range of feedback.

I believe the issue is with the version info in the in the repo. When I installed from the repo last week, it was 0.1.9 and still is. The build date of the files in my add-on folder currently are 9/26/13.

I think the issue is with addons.xml where version="0.1.9" needs to be something like version="0.1.13" (or however you want to version it) but I know squat about repos.
Code:
<addon id="pvr.wmc.windows-frodo-1013" version="0.1.9" name="Windows Media Center PVR Windows Edition" provider-name="KrustyReturns">

Obviously I can just install directly from your gdrive. I try to use things like a beginner to better my documentation. (And avoid a potential bug from being pointed out 42 times. lol) I figure he can just fix this at the same time as updating the repo to include v1014.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2013-11-19, 05:27)krustyreturns Wrote: That's weird because I have no problem, I am watching a live-tv Seinfeld as I type this and I can skip forward and backward no problem. (Its the one with about Elaine's dad - great episode).

I have seen an issue with skipping and live TV. I have yet to nail down how to replicate the problem. All I know is that on occasion, I can actually lock up xbmc. Issue SEEMS to be with if you try to go back too bast. i.e. hit back skip many times over. This was never an issue in the orginal WMC client.

We REALLY need our own sub forum. It took me several minutes to find this post. This is getting confusing and Krust, you are dealing with all of it. I don't knoe how you do it.
(2013-11-20, 04:17)spinnaker Wrote: We REALLY need our own sub forum. It took me several minutes to find this post. This is getting confusing and Krust, you are dealing with all of it. I don't knoe how you do it.

I'm working hard on making that happen. As you said, he has enough to deal with. I don't know how he does it either, but I am very thankful for it!
(2013-11-19, 17:31)awp0 Wrote: I've completed the test, and it shows a steep memory increase while watching Live TV (which starts at about 7:00am and stops at about 8:30am). The memory does not appear to be freed after the Live TV stops.

This could very well be related to my specific environment. I'd be interested to see if any other Windows users notice this behavior. Start Task Manager, locate XBMC process, and monitor the memory for at least 15 minutes or so while watching Live TV. If it's like mine, you'll see an immediate steep increase (to be expected) and then a gradual but steady increase for the duration of your Live TV session, about 45MB over 15 minutes.

Looks like the actual increase is from 149 (after the initial "jump") to 400 in the span of 80 minutes. So it's about 3MB per minute.

I tried replicating this today and you're right - live tv streams cause xbmc's memory usage to creep up. I also tried it with gotham and I see the same thing. I looked over the client code and I can't find a memory leak in the live-tv portion, not an obvious one anyway. Scarecrow if you get a chance you might try looking it over too, clearly if there is one there I am blind to it. There is a chance that this is an xbmc problem but that seems doubtful. Anyway thanks for pointing this out awp, we should try to figure this out.
Thanks guys. Its not that hard (drugs help too)
First, thank you for the amazing plugin. I am useing it very successfully on two Windows 7 machines. However, I have run into a snag on a Ubuntu 13.10 machine. I am running XBMC 13.0 Alpha 10 and pvr.wmc(gotham)-linux-x86-1014 but I get:

21:15:40 T:2841365312 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'Windows Media Center PVR' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.0', add-on API version '1.8.1'
21:15:40 T:2841365312 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on Windows Media Center PVR, status = 6
21:15:40 T:2841365312 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on Windows Media Center PVR, disabling it

I appreciate any help.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9