• 133(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-12-31, 18:45)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

Exciting new features coming with BCT's...

For commercials an "Internet" option (for donors only) will allow auto population of commercials based on user selected region and year. It will also include 720p, 480, 360 Video resolutions...
An option for "Local" commercials and youtube commercials are also available to all users. "Local" will populate based on files found in a selected folder.
Youtube will have full types available (Channel, Playlist, User Subscription) for user configuration...

All BCT's are interleaved between programs automatically, no need for nfos, or special channel configurations...

Since rewriting BCT's from the ground up, I've almost completely eliminated user collection responsibility. Any users without trailers, and commercials will be able to experience these features solely by internet or youtube sources...

Bumpers on the other hand need to be broken up by network, ATM this will require a user video collection.
If anyone knows of a good "Internet" source for bumpers that are already broken up by "network" please PM me the details...

Damn! This just keeps getting better and better! Where do you vote for the BEST XBMC add-on of 2013??..because THIS IS IT!

Btw, it looks like you have really been using this holiday time for "relaxing", he he.
i had been thinking bout trying to use ptvl on my ouya but figured it would not work for some reason i was wrong it worked great on 1st try lol. looks like i need to have a look threw the last few pages and see what great new stuff luna has been doing Smile
Luna, thx for the amazing work, can you update USTVNow to the new version. My XBMC keeps autoupdating the pluggin which I need to uninstall to get it working again. Is there a way to stop the autoupdate of 1 pluggin? That would make it much easier..?? Happy New Year All.
I just enabled my donor access in PTV. Are there any features available yet?
I also added my sickbeard/fanart.tv/TVDB/TMDB api keys. Is that not integrated yet, since Dynamic Artwork is (coming soon)?

Happy New Year :-) Hope the headache is manageable.
(2014-01-01, 12:51)MovieJunky Wrote: I just enabled my donor access in PTV. Are there any features available yet?
Yes in autotune
(2014-01-01, 12:51)MovieJunky Wrote: I also added my sickbeard/fanart.tv/TVDB/TMDB api keys. Is that not integrated yet, since Dynamic Artwork is (coming soon)?

A force channel reset is always needed after making major changes to PTVL's settings, and Dynamic artwork isn't coming soon. It's finished... You should check which version your running...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hi.
i changed to the latest version yesterday and it seems that my custom skin i created is no longer working (getting stuck on the first channel i open).
so right now i am back to the default . do i need to recreate my skin from scratch?

and it seems that it takes something like 15 minutes to populate the movie channels and i get the same movies on different channels.
considering the fact that i have 3000 movies it is highly unlikely this is a coincident.

any ideas?
(2014-01-01, 21:00)EZ1976 Wrote: Hi.
i changed to the latest version yesterday and it seems that my custom skin i created is no longer working (getting stuck on the first channel i open).
so right now i am back to the default . do i need to recreate my skin from scratch?

and it seems that it takes something like 15 minutes to populate the movie channels and i get the same movies on different channels.
considering the fact that i have 3000 movies it is highly unlikely this is a coincident.

any ideas?

Ill let Luna speak to the movie repetition problem but as far as your custom skin issue goes...

You don't actually have to rewrite your skin from scratch but you will have to make significant changes to the code--especially the parts that deal with artwork. My guess is you are usin the last build before dynamic artwork really took over and if so your code will be obsolete now (for lack of a better word)

Keeping code compliant just takes some evolving of the code you have already written. What I did with Aurora, was open up the xml files side by side and compare the changes in the new code then adapt mine to reflect them.

Once you do that your custom skin should work as always.
@ EZ1976 any "Custom skin" would be on you, I have no idea what changes you made... Needless to say that if you haven't added required labels your skin will not work.
As for your movie channel, without logs I'm left to speculate... if you are running an older version of PTVL, I know I caught a bug with auto tune that was creating channels with to many entries...
If you have API's enabled it can slow down the channel building process...

@ARYEZ, I'm finished with my GUI improvements, can you update your three skins to include the new info?
I can confirm "slowing down" the channel building process on 0.2.4. I set up all APIs and reset my 100 channel installation. Instead of taking less than one minute, it took one hour.
Disabled them again, they are not that important to warrant this delay.

I have also switched over to MC2XML for my German EPG guide. It's much better, free (!) and much faster. You can automatize that thing beautifully.
(2014-01-02, 02:59)MovieJunky Wrote: I can confirm "slowing down" the channel building process on 0.2.4. I set up all APIs and reset my 100 channel installation. Instead of taking less than one minute, it took one hour.
Disabled them again, they are not that important to warrant this delay.

I have also switched over to MC2XML for my German EPG guide. It's much better, free (!) and much faster. You can automatize that thing beautifully.

The slow down in a one time process and depends on your xmltv file size, if you follow my instructions for limiting grabbing data it greatly cuts down on the time...
(2014-01-02, 01:50)Lunatixz Wrote: @ARYEZ, I'm finished with my GUI improvements, can you update your three skins to include the new info?

Yeah man I'll get to bringing Orange Crush and Frosted Glass up to code...Aurora is compliant as to the latest update.

Quick question...are the BCT features actually enabled in the latest Git or are they still being worked on? I was testing it out just before and it didn't seem to build any into my channels.
(2014-01-02, 03:28)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 01:50)Lunatixz Wrote: @ARYEZ, I'm finished with my GUI improvements, can you update your three skins to include the new info?

Yeah man I'll get to bringing Orange Crush and Frosted Glass up to code...Aurora is compliant as to the latest update.

Quick question...are the BCT features actually enabled in the latest Git or are they still being worked on? I was testing it out just before and it didn't seem to build any into my channels.

I'm still testing BCT's... its a lot of new code which can equal headaches... I can tell you its pretty damn cool!! I wasn't a fan of BCT's... but I might have to start using them... really completes the "PseudoTV" feel...
Also working on some really neat goodies for my donors...

Please PM me links to your updated skins, So I can include them in the skin selector...
(2014-01-02, 03:49)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 03:28)ARYEZ Wrote:

I'm still testing BCT's... its a lot of new code which can equal headaches... I can tell you its pretty damn cool!! I wasn't a fan of BCT's... but I might have to start using them... really completes the "PseudoTV" feel...
Also working on some really neat goodies for my donors...

Please PM me links to your updated skins, So I can include them in the skin selector...

haha yeah man its amazing that we all miss commercials, but somehow they really do complete the experience...can't wait to test BCT's out once they're ready. Also I'll pm ya the links once they are good to go. My two older skins are built off of ancient code so it'll be a little bit before they're compliant, but Aurora should be ready in a few days--just checking for bugs at the moment.
Support for USTVnow has been dropped, please modify your configurations.
i understand that now we can schedule recordings?
how can i do this? does this support reoccurring recordings?
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45