• 3(current)
Android JUSTOP+Vidon.me: First Quad Core true-hardware decoding Android+XBMC TV set box
(2014-01-02, 22:52)BigDogBig Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 19:43)p750mmx Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 19:04)Justinuk Wrote: It's 720P video, select 720P with the gear

The three videos I played from my NAS are all 1080P.
That seems to be possible without any problem, but your TV screen stays in a 720p resolution, equal to the settings within XBMC. You choose 1080p files but they play in 720p, correct?
So the setup can handle 1080p but downscaling it to 720p? Can't you start this item in Full-HD 1080p resolution en play some files in that resolution also?

Same question

http://youtu.be/9cF9vBGtoN8

1080P video.

As I said, it's Allwinner A31S chipset, it decodes up to 2016p, 1080p is easy as pie.

Sorry about the back ground noise and my tawdry pants.. being two child's father..
Not to be a pain and I am genuinely interested in your product, but can you turn on the codec info? Its the letter O key on the keyboard.

Also could you attempt to play the well known standard test file? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55728161/killa.sampla.x264.mkv
I have another A31 box (more expensive than your one, but same spec in terms of ram and android version)

can you provide a link to the apk file for the xbmc build? I want to try it on my box

cheers!
(2014-01-03, 01:09)Justinuk Wrote: http://youtu.be/9cF9vBGtoN8

1080P video.

As I said, it's Allwinner A31S chipset, it decodes up to 2016p, 1080p is easy as pie.

Sorry about the back ground noise and my tawdry pants.. being two child's father..
Thank you for clearing that. No problem with the child sounds as being a father of 4 Wink

I've looked a bit deeper in to the specs of the chipset you referring to, and under display and video one can see that output is 60fps. Will all video be shown in 60fps, no matter what framerate the media has? So 24p and 50Hz material will be played in 60hz (or 30)?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
afaik android don't support dynamic switch (but linux yes)

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
(2014-01-03, 10:27)Vaevictus2 Wrote: I have another A31 box (more expensive than your one, but same spec in terms of ram and android version)

can you provide a link to the apk file for the xbmc build? I want to try it on my box

cheers!

Sorry this built is licensed, can't be used on other boxes.. each copy has it's unique number, it only works when hardware ID matches.

(2014-01-03, 04:50)FishOil Wrote: Not to be a pain and I am genuinely interested in your product, but can you turn on the codec info? Its the letter O key on the keyboard.

Also could you attempt to play the well known standard test file? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55728161/killa.sampla.x264.mkv

Sure will do
If you have done any changes to xbmc, you MUST provide the source code. GPL!!!
justin XBMC is open source GPL software, you have to make available the source code if you are distributing it
New firmware will be released soon, then everybody can download.
(2014-01-03, 18:56)Justinuk Wrote: New firmware will be released soon, then everybody can download.

And I'm assuming that you will be making the source code available too.
This is probably one of the most fun forums I've seen in a long while.

Anyway, the box sounds cool. Then again you're the only one talking about it and you're selling it, so I imagine I can only take half of what you say and believe only half of that.

Will it run SteamOS? Because honestly, that OS is going to dominate my living room space when it's finally officially released and supports game streaming.

Some may ask "why?". Because I currently have 4 network cables running through my attic from my office in order to play my PC on the 70" in the living room. 2 cables for HDMI, 1 for USB ( which works with a hub and 2 controllers), and 1 for network because my router is in the living room. SteamOS will cut that down to 1 cable and free up the other 3!

*UPDATE*

Nevermind, finally found Valves release on the OS. Requirements are too high for an android box.
(2014-01-03, 19:10)prae5 Wrote:
(2014-01-03, 18:56)Justinuk Wrote: New firmware will be released soon, then everybody can download.

The XBMC built in to the firmware, I don't have source code. Don't know whether Vidon changed the firwmare or the XBMC, am not developer myself.

I don't have even APK, just the firmware.
I have older one Droidbox MX from Justop, and after sluggish XBMC on Android, used community Linux firmware. Difference - like night and day, The difference is shocking,
play almost everything, menu navigation very fast. I love this box now and will never go back to android + xbmc.

It would be nice to review this box by someone from our community. My box has very good reviews on your website Justin, but reality is different.
@Justinuk, highly recommend you read this thread on Phoronix forum so you are are prepared and can understand how ugly the discussion can quickly become when it comes to GPL violation

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.ph...sed-Source

It is so far OK that you do not have that XBMC source code yet, but as soon as you sell a box and a buyer ask you for the source code then you will have to provide it, as it yours and theirs right to get it.

Would therefor advice you to contact vidonme and request the XBMC source code from them so that you can pass it on to anyone who request it, and that souce code needs to be capable of compiling same apk as on you box
(2014-01-03, 19:37)Justinuk Wrote:
(2014-01-03, 19:10)prae5 Wrote:

The XBMC built in to the firmware, I don't have source code. Don't know whether Vidon changed the firwmare or the XBMC, am not developer myself.

I don't have even APK, just the firmware.

Well if you are planning on selling a box with XBMC preloaded, you are required to make the source code available. Saying i don't have it isn't good enough, if you plan on shipping these boxes you need to get this sorted with Vidon.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JUSTOP+Vidon.me: First Quad Core true-hardware decoding Android+XBMC TV set box2