• 16(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
Still no update, will send an email to Wsnipex..
Don't forget the pay check ....
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
did I post my wishlist? Smile
Nope - the world is still waiting ... with your pay checks :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi, I been keepin an eye on this tread and from what I see in 1st page its kinda an equivalent to yadiff deinterlace....

Is this the only real time deinterlace type that planned to be part of viaapi, or is there a plan to try and add more types of deint in future (just wondered)?

I got a i3 2105 (just using the igpu...no descrete card yet) but have a possible dead mobo, or CPU (haven't found out yet).

But for the future I'm think do I go Haswell, or wait 3 more years (approx) and get the intel Skylake chip, not sure how much of a graphical leap will be, or just small % increase over haswel and broadwell.
I know its very hit n miss because they're a long way of with the latter CPUs....

I eventually wanna a choice of using something like this viaapi, (in tandem with a Cuda capable card) or madvr or whatever to do some nicer things in playback....
Yadif is no part of VAAPI. It's part of ffmpeg. Newer ffmpeg version have the BBC Deinterlacer which is a little bit better (in an academic way), but also needs more power.

For the rest: I did not get your question.
OK, for the yadiff bit, I may misunderstood the 1st post a bit in 1st page...

For the rest I'm contemplating whether its worth waiting a couple of generations of intel CPUs. (As the intel skylake is meant to be a big leap in terms of its igpu core, although its along way off and things could change)....or just go with a reasonable Intel Haswell cpu.

Wanna have a htpc that quite versatile..., thats why I also mentioned discrete PCI e gfx (nvidia Cuda) card...so that I have a versatile htpc with option of viaapi.....or something like madvr (where CPU+Gpu work together)

Cheers.
What this code does:

1.) Decode frame with vaapi,
2.) Copy the frame back to system memory
3.) Deinterlace on the CPU
4.) Output Frame

The quality of this Yadif Deinterlacer is state of the art. I can hardly imagine a method, that will be better (not in academical way), but in real life scenarios, e.g. you would really see it.
I plan to try this out yeah, but like a say, I got possible dead CPU or motherboard in my current htpc so can't do much just yet...
maybe the ppa from wolfgang did expire in 2014.. no builds and no sign of life. payment checks don't help here:-)
(2014-01-08, 21:05)posixx Wrote: maybe the ppa from wolfgang did expire in 2014.. no builds and no sign of life. payment checks don't help here:-)

Well the last xbmc build is from 2014-01-06.. that is definetly 2014 Smile

I assume you are looking at this ppa https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...nta-master
@laric yes that's the one. this ppa should update automatically when FernetMenta pushed updates his git (at least it did the days before the last update) but it stopped doing that.
@posixx: This ppa is done by Wolfgang in his free time. If he currently does not update it, real life got in between and something more important currently happens. So be patient.
@fritsch: ofcourse i get that, but shouldn't this be an automated process?
(2014-01-06, 20:50)FernetMenta Wrote:
Quote:Yes, it's definitely due to the player switching from 25fps to 50 fps

surprise Smile I have fixed it for you.

@FernetMenta when i viewed a 720p/24fps movie and return to livetv, currently both movieplayer and monitor values indicate 25fps and i see some stutter / bad de-interlacing. I have to reboot to get the 50fps back. Is this also fixed in the fix you did?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416