• 8(current)
[RELEASE] HBO Nordic Addon
Could you please send me the xbmc.log-file again and this time reproduce the error before you send the log-file... Smile
The log-file you sent me did not contain any errors. The xbmc.log-file is overwritten every time xbmc is started.
I have an ATV1 with Eden, and get an script error trying to start videos. Any chance of getting it to work?
(2013-10-30, 20:12)Cortado Wrote: I have an ATV1 with Eden, and get an script error trying to start videos. Any chance of getting it to work?
I'm sorry but the only supported platforms are pc and mac at this time.
Will Raspberry Pie running Raspbmc, be supported in the future?
(2014-01-02, 23:25)capt Wrote: Will Raspberry Pie running Raspbmc, be supported in the future?

Since HBO Nordic uses Widevine with Flash I don't think it's possible to support the Raspberry Pi.
I've tried to install this add-in on two systems, one windows 7 and one windows 8.1 and with both I don't get any thumb nails appear when I select either series or movies unless I use a Swedish VPN which I'd rather not use.

I'm based in the UK but I have a DNS service that supports HBO Nordic and it works fine on both systems in Internet Explorer

Any ideas?
(2014-01-23, 14:31)whitey1977 Wrote: I've tried to install this add-in on two systems, one windows 7 and one windows 8.1 and with both I don't get any thumb nails appear when I select either series or movies unless I use a Swedish VPN which I'd rather not use.

I'm based in the UK but I have a DNS service that supports HBO Nordic and it works fine on both systems in Internet Explorer

Any ideas?

That sounds a bit strange.
Are you able to retrieve the titles without thumbnails?
If this is the case then the addon can communicate with HBO Nordic.

Could you send me the xbmc.log file via PM and then post here.
(2014-01-23, 18:28)MDDSD Wrote: That sounds a bit strange.

I have sent you a xbmc.log

No, I can not retrieve any information without the VPN being on. I think HBO Nordic is blocking me so does your add-in use the system DNS or is there a DNS server IP address coded into the add-in like Google's DNS?
(2014-01-24, 13:44)whitey1977 Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 18:28)MDDSD Wrote: That sounds a bit strange.

I have sent you a xbmc.log

No, I can not retrieve any information without the VPN being on. I think HBO Nordic is blocking me so does your add-in use the system DNS or is there a DNS server IP address coded into the add-in like Google's DNS?

The addon does not use any special means of communicating with the HBO Nordic website.
It uses regular Python functions for tcp/ip communication.
There's no specific DNS that's being used, it should use the default DNS.

The addon will always communicate with hbonordic.se, perhaps it would help if it communicated with hbonordic.com instead?
(2014-01-24, 14:08)MDDSD Wrote: The addon does not use any special means of communicating with the HBO Nordic website.

The addon will always communicate with hbonordic.se, perhaps it would help if it communicated with hbonordic.com instead?

Yes that's it! hbonordic.se is geo-blocked using my Smart DNS but hbonordic.com is fine and the website I use. If you could change this that would be great!
(2014-01-24, 14:21)whitey1977 Wrote:
(2014-01-24, 14:08)MDDSD Wrote: The addon does not use any special means of communicating with the HBO Nordic website.

Yes that's it! hbonordic.se is geo-blocked using my Smart DNS but hbonordic.com is fine and the website I use. If you could change this that would be great!

I will look into this and hopefully have a solution available shortly.
Any plans of getting HBO Nordic addon on a Linux platform?
(2014-02-06, 00:37)Danneck Wrote: Any plans of getting HBO Nordic addon on a Linux platform?

I just did a quick search for widevine and linux and it seems that
the development for Pipelight on Linux which adds support for Silverlight DRM on Linux now has added support for Widevine and Windows Adobe Flash Player which is both used by HBO Nordic.

If anyone want to try this out, here's some more information:
http://www.webupd8.org/2014/01/pipelight...t-for.html

Please let me know if HBO Nordic works on Linux.
It would still require a web browser to playback the episodes.
I just tried to playback HBO Nordic content on Ubuntu using Chrome and Flash/Widevine for Pipelight and it worked fine Smile
Just follow the instructions on this webpage: http://www.webupd8.org/2013/08/pipelight...linux.html
(2014-01-24, 17:26)MDDSD Wrote: I will look into this and hopefully have a solution available shortly.

Have you managed to get anywhere with changing hbonordic.se to hbonordic.com in the plugin?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HBO Nordic Addon4