• 14(current)
HOW-TO Compile Tvheadend & HDHomerun on Synology NAS
@pepeEL
how are you doing with tvh on cedarview? Please, trust me, install DC on intel, add unstable repo of tvh and install it. Its easy and right way in your case.
Anyone here have TVHeadend running ok with HDHomerun on a Synology with DSM 5.0?

Since I have upgraded my NAS software (from 4.3 to 5.0), TVHeadend (version 3.5.245 compiled by Aisman) does not detect any input anymore (same TVHeadend version, same HDHomerun driver). The driver is working, as I can monitor my HDHomerun with the config utility. I can see muxes in TVHeadend and services. But I can not map them, as TVHeadend does no longer detect the input from the HDHomerun. :-( I do see that the HDHomerun is changing physical channel (see it in the HDHomerun config software) when TVHeadend is trying to map the services to channels and that I have a network rate.

Hope someone can give me tips or hits on where to look to resolve this problem.
Hi!
Is it intel, arm or armhf? Is it the same symptom like here?
(2014-01-26, 23:41)aisman Wrote: Hi!
Is it intel, arm or armhf? Is it the same symptom like here?

I have the arm version. It's an DS211+. In some cases the symptoms look the same to some user. Not being able to stream.

It all worked just fine in DSM 4.3. After updating to 5.0 it suddenly stopped. Problem is that I can not map services to channels. When I try to map services to channels, tvheadend does some testing. And when it does that, I see there is no bandwidth. If I map services manually, and try to play a channel I see in the TVHeadend logs "no input detected". However, I can see the HDHomerun is set to the channel and has bandwidth. See the image:https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiocr7suvnhtmog/Naamloos-1.jpg

In the image you can clearly see the HDHomerun config tool. It shows some info on the tuner and that it has bandwidth. On the right, you see that TVHeadend is not detecting it.
I personally think it has something to do with the HDHomerun driver. It tried different versions of TVHeadend that I used to have before and used to work. They all have the same problem. See muxes and services, but not being able to map them.

Just don't know how to compile the driver for DSM 5.0. If that is actually the problem. Don't know for a 100%. :-(
Compiling the drivers will not help. I had already done it with 4.3 for 414 (armadaxp). I built drivers from media-build and from Lipnyanin's git, without success. Here it is something in the scripts and the kernel. You have two optional ways:

1. Try replacing the drivers. Drivers for armel 4.3 here.

or

2. Downgrade the firmware. I've just successfully downgraded the firmware from 5.0 to 4.3.
(2014-01-27, 08:45)aisman Wrote: Compiling the drivers will not help. I had already done it with 4.3 for 414 (armadaxp). I built drivers from media-build and from Lipnyanin's git, without success. Here it is something in the scripts and the kernel. You have two optional ways:

1. Try replacing the drivers. Drivers for armel 4.3 here.

or

2. Downgrade the firmware. I've just successfully downgraded the firmware from 5.0 to 4.3.

Can you tell me how I can replace the driver then? I want to try this, but have no clue how to do this. Can work a little with the terminal, but not too much. :-)

And how can I downgrade the firmware? I read that it is officially not supported?
Do you have midnigt commander on NAS? If not - install it from SC.
Stop videostation.
Put archive of videostation to your folder on NAS.
in terminal type mc. Go to your folder, uncompress archive (F2).

Remove folder /volume1/@appstore/VideoStation/etc/KernelModules (F8)
Place KernelModules folder from uncompressed archive into /volume1/@appstore/VideoStation/etc/ (F5)

run VideoStation and reboot. After rebooting type in terminal: dmesg | grep dvb - and see on it Smile If will be errors or working of your HDHR is still not correct - remove videostation and we will go to downgrade Smile It's possible.
(2014-01-27, 10:31)aisman Wrote: Do you have midnigt commander on NAS? If not - install it from SC.
Stop videostation.
Put archive of videostation to your folder on NAS.
in terminal type mc. Go to your folder, uncompress archive (F2).

Remove folder /volume1/@appstore/VideoStation/etc/KernelModules (F8)
Place KernelModules folder from uncompressed archive into /volume1/@appstore/VideoStation/etc/ (F5)

run VideoStation and reboot. After rebooting type in terminal: dmesg | grep dvb - and see on it Smile If will be errors or working of your HDHR is still not correct - remove videostation and we will go to downgrade Smile It's possible.

Ok, thanks. I will try these steps above today. Will be later today. Will come back to you on this. :-)
Hmmm can not download the videostation file. When I press the download button nothing helps.
@aisman can you help me because i installed Debian Chroot on my new DS713+ but i cant go to Debian Chroot from cmd like this :
chroot /volume1/@appstore/debian-chroot/var/chroottarget /bin/bash

because i havent installed BASH on DSM. When i want install bash on DSM i must install BootStrap Installef first and then i can do: ipkg install bash.

But i can not install Bootstrap because i have message: Bootstrap installe: operation failed.
Failed to install component Bootstrap Installer.

I have installed and do on DSM 5.0 BETA.
huh. Delete cookies in your browther. Try another link.
(2014-01-27, 10:55)aisman Wrote: huh. Delete cookies in your browther. Try another link.

Thanks, this is working. :-)
(2014-01-27, 10:53)pepeEL Wrote: @aisman can you help me because i installed Debian Chroot on my new DS713+ but i cant go to Debian Chroot from cmd like this :

because i havent installed BASH on DSM. When i want install bash on DSM i must install BootStrap Installef first and then i can do: ipkg install bash.

But i can not install Bootstrap because i have message: Bootstrap installe: operation failed.
Failed to install component Bootstrap Installer.

I have installed and do on DSM 5.0 BETA.

It's strange. You can't use ipkg and DC in the same time. Try install DC one more time. Check all your .sh files in its places.
But I installed DC and now I want to go to DC to be able to continue to start installations TVHeadend 3.9. I'm going to DC according to your description ...

On my old DS213 i have instaled ipkg and DC. Because DC requierd BASH to go to DC.

What do I have to check with the SH?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Compile Tvheadend & HDHomerun on Synology NAS1