• 35(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080++
First of all, awesome skin. Absolutely loving it.

I am having a bit of a problem though, with the new movies, new tv shows, and spotlight sections. With my setup I don't store any media but music locally, for all movies and TV shows I use .strm files from the 1Channel plugin. When I click on a movie in the spotlight to load, I'm just left with a pop-up saying "opening stream" but it doesn't advance from that screen. No error messages, it just doesn't progress at all. The movies load fine from the standard library option though. Not sure if this is an issue with the skin, the widgets addon, or the 1Channel plugin. Any help would be appreciated Smile
(2014-02-05, 13:59)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-02-04, 16:19)IncognitoMan Wrote: Any idea how to fix this?

Arctic does the correct colors for the text and "number of players"...

Yeah that should be easy enough, as I know nothing about which view you are in (not a gamer on XBMC) can you tell me the view name?

Actually I figured it out by modifying script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main and creating correct color schemes for all the viewtypes in there.
(2014-02-05, 17:47)JDizzy Wrote: [EDIT] - Just on a whim I loaded up Plex Server (I also have a Plex Pass), loaded up the XBMC Plex addon, and changed Xperience 1080++ to use the Plex server and now everything works as intended.

Hmm maybe your on to something here, I have the plexbmc add-on installed and always have...when I get some time I'll have a look and see how it performs without plex installed.

(2014-02-05, 21:02)reformedheretic Wrote: First of all, awesome skin. Absolutely loving it.

I am having a bit of a problem though, with the new movies, new tv shows, and spotlight sections. With my setup I don't store any media but music locally, for all movies and TV shows I use .strm files from the 1Channel plugin. When I click on a movie in the spotlight to load, I'm just left with a pop-up saying "opening stream" but it doesn't advance from that screen. No error messages, it just doesn't progress at all. The movies load fine from the standard library option though. Not sure if this is an issue with the skin, the widgets addon, or the 1Channel plugin. Any help would be appreciated Smile

Thanks, glad you like it. I seem to recall having a similar issue when I first started using xbmc and was using .strm files from a different add-on. I never did solve it though Sad
Maybe someone else has an idea on this one?

(2014-02-05, 21:18)IncognitoMan Wrote: Actually I figured it out by modifying script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main and creating correct color schemes for all the viewtypes in there.

Great, if you send me your changes I can include it so you will not need to update it after every update I make at this end.
(2014-02-06, 11:38)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-02-05, 21:02)reformedheretic Wrote: First of all, awesome skin. Absolutely loving it.

Thanks, glad you like it. I seem to recall having a similar issue when I first started using xbmc and was using .strm files from a different add-on. I never did solve it though Sad
Maybe someone else has an idea on this one?

A suggestion maybe, if you had a look at the customised confluence skin mentioned earlier in this thread it might give you an idea on how to change it? I've had a look and can't see anything, but I'm no skinner.
Thanks If it works there I will take a look into it.

Updated to 3.0.39

-- Uses "back" when in EPG to show the side blade for quick access to tv guide etc
-- XBMB3C mode replaces TV Guide tile with Upcoming TV from MB3 server

With regards the point about the EPG, as many of the Live TV users have noticed in Gotham with the possibility to go back in time in the EPG a negative consequence is that you have to scroll all the way to the left to get to the side blade menu. The "solution" to this is to press back which shows the menu. Personally (and it seems like many others) really do not like this feature, I have asked for it to at least be made an option but it seems this is not possible. If you would like to make a comment on this have a look at this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175135
(2014-02-06, 16:04)im85288 Wrote: Thanks If it works there I will take a look into it.

Updated to 3.0.39

-- Uses "back" when in EPG to show the side blade for quick access to tv guide etc
-- XBMB3C mode replaces TV Guide tile with Upcoming TV from MB3 server

With regards the point about the EPG, as many of the Live TV users have noticed in Gotham with the possibility to go back in time in the EPG a negative consequence is that you have to scroll all the way to the left to get to the side blade menu. The "solution" to this is to press back which shows the menu. Personally (and it seems like many others) really do not like this feature, I have asked for it to at least be made an option but it seems this is not possible. If you would like to make a comment on this have a look at this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175135

Sorry to keep bugging about this one, but is there a way to replace the widget on the homescreen with something else?
(2014-02-07, 01:30)reformedheretic Wrote: Sorry to keep bugging about this one, but is there a way to replace the widget on the homescreen with something else?
On the widgets, it would be nice to be able to have more choices for them, random movies, recent movie additions, collections, etc...
As it is, there is Spotlight which seems to be a mixture of TV and movies), and some sort of playlist that I haven't quite figured out how to use...

I left a message on the Plexbmc forum regarding the Ratings. I know Plex saves them as a number like 6.875689 and it is getting displayed like that, at least on my system. Not sure if when displaying the Ratings if it is possible to show only the first 3 characters like 6.8, or if that would be done in the skin, through Plexbmc, or Plex itself.
(2014-02-07, 01:30)reformedheretic Wrote: Sorry to keep bugging about this one, but is there a way to replace the widget on the homescreen with something else?

No problem, It obviously is an area of frustration for you and I did receive your PM over it. Just to confirm your talking about getting your .strm files to play from the widgets on the home screen and not about adding further options which is what this last post seemed to suggest? The offer you made via PM is great, but to be honest this is just a hobby that actually takes up far too much of my time for no reward. If you'd like to donate please feel free to do so, the links on the first page. Hopefully this weekend I'll get some time to look into the problem with the .strm files playing from the widgets. Thanks

(2014-02-07, 03:28)JDizzy Wrote: On the widgets, it would be nice to be able to have more choices for them, random movies, recent movie additions, collections, etc...
As it is, there is Spotlight which seems to be a mixture of TV and movies), and some sort of playlist that I haven't quite figured out how to use...

I left a message on the Plexbmc forum regarding the Ratings. I know Plex saves them as a number like 6.875689 and it is getting displayed like that, at least on my system. Not sure if when displaying the Ratings if it is possible to show only the first 3 characters like 6.8, or if that would be done in the skin, through Plexbmc, or Plex itself.

Agreed I'd like more choices too...with MB3 there is the potential to add a few more like for example favourite movies, top250 movies etc..the only restraint is time! For non MB3 mode I presume you do get the "trending movies" etc widgets?

With regards to the rating coming back from Plex, it's probably a simple fix (although from what I gather from your messages) your not using my version of the add-on (which is probably quite outdated) so you'll have to rely on pecinko or someone fixing it when they assess that it is worth doing.
Yeah - ideally the .strm file would start playing when you clicked on the fanart. The other alternative that I'd be equally happy with would be that when you clicked the movie file, it would open that items section in the library. A possible way to implement this would be through the global search? In regards to the email, if we get this issue fixed there's definitely a donation coming.
How can I change number of items in my ongoing tv shows list?
(2014-02-07, 20:11)reformedheretic Wrote: Yeah - ideally the .strm file would start playing when you clicked on the fanart. The other alternative that I'd be equally happy with would be that when you clicked the movie file, it would open that items section in the library. A possible way to implement this would be through the global search? In regards to the email, if we get this issue fixed there's definitely a donation coming.

I had a quick look and nothing obvious stands out, let's see what your post in the skin widgets thread brings as it may well need a fix on their end. When you say it works in confluence modified is that in a widget?

(2014-02-08, 02:32)rodrigopill Wrote: How can I change number of items in my ongoing tv shows list?

I presume you want to add more? Currently for the normal xbmc library it will show a max of 10 tv shows, for plex 50!, and for Mediabrowser 20. I can increase the normal one to 20 if that would be a help to you?
Not sure my thread is going to achieve a whole lot, I have a feeling if it was going to then it already would have. It seems like a strange issue, but I'm not sure the widget developer is keen to fix it. How hard would it be to implement a function that opened the library to that particular file when clicked? I personally think that would be better than just playing the movie/tv show, personally. If it could open the library and highlight the selected option it'd be far better. In my simple understanding of it it should just be an onclick function?

Yeah, the widget itself seems to work I'm confluence. The other thing that could possibly work would be to copy/borrow the recently added section from confluence, see how that works, and implement it over the top of or instead of the current widgets. They seem to do very similar things, at least from what I can see.
Hi im85288,

I just re-installed latest OpenElec-Version (XBMC Gotham) to verify the strange problem with my PCs not showing certain entries of the settings-menu. However, now that I have added alle AdddOns, re-installed your skin and adjusted all settings again I came across two issues:

1. "Favorites"-button (on the bootom of the screen) does not bring up anything for me when I press it.
2. I cannot seem to get weather-fanarts right. I located the path with the fanarts (same fanarts I used to use previously), but afterwards I only got one single weather fanart displaying for the current day and nothing for future days. Also I do not see any weather fanart in the main menu. I just have the regular weather entry,

Brgds,

FantasticN
(2014-02-08, 14:37)reformedheretic Wrote: Not sure my thread is going to achieve a whole lot, I have a feeling if it was going to then it already would have. It seems like a strange issue, but I'm not sure the widget developer is keen to fix it. How hard would it be to implement a function that opened the library to that particular file when clicked? I personally think that would be better than just playing the movie/tv show, personally. If it could open the library and highlight the selected option it'd be far better. In my simple understanding of it it should just be an onclick function?

Yeah, the widget itself seems to work I'm confluence. The other thing that could possibly work would be to copy/borrow the recently added section from confluence, see how that works, and implement it over the top of or instead of the current widgets. They seem to do very similar things, at least from what I can see.

I finally got round to testing this out and although I could not get 1channel to work for the .strm files I used an alternative that I had used in the past which is called "what the furk" which allows strm files to be scraped into the local xbmc database. I have to say it worked with no problems at all for me, selecting from the widgets allowed me to play the file just like it does from the normal library. So it may be that the 1channel plugin has issues or something else but as I cannot get it to work I can at least confirm to you that strm files can be played from the widgets like regular files. Perhaps give the plugin I mentioned a try, and if that works it must be the 1channel plugin.
(2014-02-09, 14:57)fantasticn Wrote: Hi im85288,

I just re-installed latest OpenElec-Version (XBMC Gotham) to verify the strange problem with my PCs not showing certain entries of the settings-menu. However, now that I have added alle AdddOns, re-installed your skin and adjusted all settings again I came across two issues:

1. "Favorites"-button (on the bootom of the screen) does not bring up anything for me when I press it.
2. I cannot seem to get weather-fanarts right. I located the path with the fanarts (same fanarts I used to use previously), but afterwards I only got one single weather fanart displaying for the current day and nothing for future days. Also I do not see any weather fanart in the main menu. I just have the regular weather entry,

Brgds,

FantasticN

Hi FantasticN,

Those options are working fine for me, maybe it would be worth starting with a fresh guisettings.xml in the userdata directory...you can always backup up your older one first. But sometimes I find old things are kept in there that *may* cause strange side effects.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080++9