Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 236(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2014-02-11, 03:07)giftie Wrote: That log doesn't have any Cinema Experience activity.

But it was active and has executed some commands... I tried a new one, the plugin is now listed in the log: http://pastebin.com/mCMXSpmj
Giftie
How does HCE use the posters associated with Trailers? When HD-Trailers.Net Downloader downloads trailers, it also downloads the poster which it names folder.jpg. ON the Wiki, that seems to be the correct naming but I have been asked to name the poster moviename.jpg instead of poster.jpg? What is the ideal choice?

Take Care
(2014-02-13, 18:40)psx01de Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 03:07)giftie Wrote: That log doesn't have any Cinema Experience activity.

But it was active and has executed some commands... I tried a new one, the plugin is now listed in the log: http://pastebin.com/mCMXSpmj

Please update to the latest version 3.0.10(from the XBMC Repo) 3.0.7 only handled .pls playlists.for video. 3.0.10 handles .m3u, .pls, . .asf and .ram playlists.

(2014-02-13, 18:57)ijourneaux Wrote: Giftie
How does HCE use the posters associated with Trailers? When HD-Trailers.Net Downloader downloads trailers, it also downloads the poster which it names folder.jpg. ON the Wiki, that seems to be the correct naming but I have been asked to name the poster moviename.jpg instead of poster.jpg? What is the ideal choice?

Take Care

The script first tries to match the video name with an extension of ".tbn"(Old code) if it fails, it tries with extension ".jpg". If that fails, it drops the "-trailer" from the path and tries ".tbn" then ".jpg". If all of that fails, it tries "movie.tbn"(old code)

The last one needs to be updated. Poster.jpg needs to be included and so does movie.jpg as these are valid poster files as well.
There's a "t" in "Countdown"! :p
(2014-02-13, 19:32)giftie Wrote: The script first tries to match the video name with an extension of ".tbn"(Old code) if it fails, it tries with extension ".jpg". If that fails, it drops the "-trailer" from the path and tries ".tbn" then ".jpg". If all of that fails, it tries "movie.tbn"(old code)
The last one needs to be updated. Poster.jpg needs to be included and so does movie.jpg as these are valid poster files as well.

2 questions then

1. So poster.jpg is the correct name? If it is, then am I correct that you will update the script to check poster.jpg and movie.jpg?
2. As a long time user of HCE, I am surprised I don't know this, but where is the movie poster (in any any of it potential names) actually used within HCE? I don't hink I have ever seen it used.

Ian
(2014-02-13, 19:32)giftie Wrote: Please update to the latest version 3.0.10(from the XBMC Repo) 3.0.7 only handled .pls playlists.for video. 3.0.10 handles .m3u, .pls, . .asf and .ram playlists.

Same problem after update to 3.0.10

Log: http://pastebin.com/xP3G3h6j
(2014-02-13, 20:22)ijourneaux Wrote:
(2014-02-13, 19:32)giftie Wrote: The script first tries to match the video name with an extension of ".tbn"(Old code) if it fails, it tries with extension ".jpg". If that fails, it drops the "-trailer" from the path and tries ".tbn" then ".jpg". If all of that fails, it tries "movie.tbn"(old code)

2 questions then

1. So poster.jpg is the correct name? If it is, then am I correct that you will update the script to check poster.jpg and movie.jpg?
2. As a long time user of HCE, I am surprised I don't know this, but where is the movie poster (in any any of it potential names) actually used within HCE? I don't hink I have ever seen it used.

Ian

1. Right now MovieTitle-trailer.jpg, MovieTitle.jpg, movie.tbn work. I'll add movie.jpg and poster.jpg in the next version
2. Press pause during the trailer... Smile If it's named properly it will show...

(2014-02-13, 23:19)psx01de Wrote:
(2014-02-13, 19:32)giftie Wrote: Please update to the latest version 3.0.10(from the XBMC Repo) 3.0.7 only handled .pls playlists.for video. 3.0.10 handles .m3u, .pls, . .asf and .ram playlists.

Same problem after update to 3.0.10

Log: http://pastebin.com/xP3G3h6j

Found the problem... The testing of the extension was incorrect... Surprised is seemed to work fine on my linux system..

I have a fix, it will be in the next version.
(2014-02-13, 20:13)VanZan Wrote: There's a "t" in "Countdown"! :p

lol.. yes it does...

Fixed for next version
lol Smile Sorry to be a smarty-pants...about the only "contribution" I can make!
(2014-02-14, 00:58)giftie Wrote: Found the problem... The testing of the extension was incorrect... Surprised is seemed to work fine on my linux system..

I have a fix, it will be in the next version.

Great, thank you Smile
Hi all

I am very much interested to try this cinema exp. But the thing is I have no idea where to start. Been used XBMC for a month now, OpenELEC based on latest frodo. Please guide me to have this cinema experience. So I have to read and go through all 236 pages from page 1 (2008) or is there any reference page no from where I can start and which can point me in the right direction with the latest scripts and latest instructions.

Thanks in advance
XBMC Client:OS: WIN7 64-Bit CPU: [email protected] GhzGPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440
XBMC Version: 11 EDEN Skin: NEON
NAS Server:OS: Unraid Plus CPU: AMD Athalon X2 3Ghz
Storage: 5 TB
I have a question.

Im using My xvmc in 2 situations:

1st : My ambilight TV with Boblight on my dmx equipment all over my room. (TV Mode)
2th.: I use CinemaExperience when Im using the Beamer. (Beamer mode)

In beamer mode, when I play movies with Cinema Experience I would like to stop the XBMC.script Boblight
And at the end of the move, I like to start that same service again.

I know already that home automation must be done through scripting, but what command to use to stop and start the xbmc script bob light from within Cinema Experience?

Anybody have ideas?
(2014-02-19, 13:48)sam9s Wrote: Hi all

I am very much interested to try this cinema exp. But the thing is I have no idea where to start. Been used XBMC for a month now, OpenELEC based on latest frodo. Please guide me to have this cinema experience. So I have to read and go through all 236 pages from page 1 (2008) or is there any reference page no from where I can start and which can point me in the right direction with the latest scripts and latest instructions.

Thanks in advance

The information you need is in the first post of the thread...

Wiki
(2014-02-19, 13:48)sam9s Wrote: Hi all

Thanks in advance

The first page has fairly up to date info(it was started in 2010 - when I took over development, not 2008). The WiKi page is always growing, often here has some of the newest info. Also the forum search is your friend...

(2014-02-19, 23:08)cyberb0b Wrote: I have a question.

Im using My xvmc in 2 situations:

1st : My ambilight TV with Boblight on my dmx equipment all over my room. (TV Mode)
2th.: I use CinemaExperience when Im using the Beamer. (Beamer mode)

In beamer mode, when I play movies with Cinema Experience I would like to stop the XBMC.script Boblight
And at the end of the move, I like to start that same service again.

I know already that home automation must be done through scripting, but what command to use to stop and start the xbmc script bob light from within Cinema Experience?

Anybody have ideas?

I had done a boblight home_automation.py for another user, I have no clue if it works or not as the user never got back to me.. You can try it out -> https://github.com/Giftie/home_automatio...omation.py
@giftie and all others

is someone using latest openelec nightly with gotham ?

I have installed latest version today and have problems with CE script. If i start a movie mit CE support, xbmc make a reset, not a reboot but xbmc will start from beginning. The problem is in the Debug Log is no entrie with error. Before xbmc is reseting, the last entries are from CE script where ce wrote what trailer and what rating movie is loading.

Have anyone the same problem ?
  • 236(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24