• 40(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
Hmmm guys, I was banging my head to get my remote working on the system and I finally had success!

I had purchased this remote ages ago at microcenter to get it woking on my Pi for $10: OARC04G Universal Remote Control

To Configuring the remote as a Microsoft MCE remote, I needed to enter the code : 01272

You are done, it just works out of the box now!

Just thought to let you know!
If anyone else uses DirecTV, the their standard remote is working well. It controls & powers the unit on and off using the MCE code 21972 on AV1 or AV2.
Any one know how to get sound working on ubuntu 64 bit?

I finally configured everything: skins, config, name it and off course after doing a dist-upgrade and autoclean of older kernels I loose my audio.... FML.

anyone know how to get sound up?
After a bit of a long slog (156 updates takes a LOOOOOOONG time) I now have Windows 7 running on both of my 2820s. I built one last night, got it set up how I wanted and cloned it to the other NUC using Acronis this morning. Performance is better than Windows 8.1 (lower CPU usage), no fullscreen low memory bug, couldn't have come sooner.
So I've just added an Arctic MCR2 remote and a Samsung SE208DB USB DVD drive, and both work like a charm out of the box(the remote can bring the device back from suspend), and I can watch DVD movies with XBMC.

The setup is:
4GB of RAM, and a 320GB SATA HDD.
I'm running Linux Mint 16, with the 3.14 RC kernel, and a custom built Intel vaapi driver for video hardware acceleration.
For the custom builders, make sure you don't miss the saturation patch for the libva-driver-intel, here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/vaapi/intel-...1803fe653a

On thing else:
Linux Mint uses compositing, this can heavily influence Sync and SwapBuffers - be careful here. Also it will come with pulseaudio by default, which newer xbmc will happily pick up for usage. More info here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PulseAudio

For Ubuntu folks: Everything that is needed is in wsnipex mesa ppa, including libva1 and libva-driver-intel
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-02-22, 12:14)pjtpjt Wrote: So I've just added an Arctic MCR2 remote and a Samsung SE208DB USB DVD drive, and both work like a charm out of the box(the remote can bring the device back from suspend), and I can watch DVD movies with XBMC.

The setup is:
I'm running Linux Mint 16, with the 3.14 RC kernel, and a custom built Intel vaapi driver for video hardware acceleration.

How smooth is everything running under Mint? I installed Openelec back when it first became possible and I found the interface was extremely laggy compared to Windows so I went back. Am still interested in going full Linux some day though.
(2014-02-22, 12:42)saunderez Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 12:14)pjtpjt Wrote: So I've just added an Arctic MCR2 remote and a Samsung SE208DB USB DVD drive, and both work like a charm out of the box(the remote can bring the device back from suspend), and I can watch DVD movies with XBMC.

The setup is:

How smooth is everything running under Mint? I installed Openelec back when it first became possible and I found the interface was extremely laggy compared to Windows so I went back. Am still interested in going full Linux some day though.

Basic skin is smooth, if it's using too much GPU then it becomes laggy, at least on Mint.
Even in the depths of second fixing my new kitchen. The postie still brightens up the day....

Have a play tonite.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-02-22, 11:51)saunderez Wrote: After a bit of a long slog (156 updates takes a LOOOOOOONG time) I now have Windows 7 running on both of my 2820s. I built one last night, got it set up how I wanted and cloned it to the other NUC using Acronis this morning. Performance is better than Windows 8.1 (lower CPU usage), no fullscreen low memory bug, couldn't have come sooner.

are there drivers that allow dts-hd in win7?
(2014-02-22, 11:51)saunderez Wrote: After a bit of a long slog (156 updates takes a LOOOOOOONG time) I now have Windows 7 running on both of my 2820s. I built one last night, got it set up how I wanted and cloned it to the other NUC using Acronis this morning. Performance is better than Windows 8.1 (lower CPU usage), no fullscreen low memory bug, couldn't have come sooner.

How did you install Win7? USB stick? DVD? I couldn't get Win7 installed from a bootable USB stick after numerous attempts.
(2014-02-22, 20:05)Angus66 Wrote:

How did you install Win7? USB stick? DVD? I couldn't get Win7 installed from a bootable USB stick after numerous attempts.

make sure legacy boot is disabled and use the microsoft provided USB maker to boot from USB
fwiw, I installed Windows 7 64-bit yesterday with legacy boot enabled and uefi disabled. There's also a BIOS option in one of the later menus for Windows 7, instead of 8.X. I made the USB drive using Rufus, though I doubt that makes a difference.

There are no graphics drivers for 32-bit Windows 7 yet, and 64-bit is missing USB 3.0 drivers currently, but it otherwise works fine as far as I can tell.
Do any of the video drivers for Windows 7 or 8.1 support HD audio yet? Still waiting for a answer on that.
What if power button remains solid with memory or without ? There are no flashes just no singnal on the screen.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5