Gotham and 1080p
I've tried to play 1080p movies (stream ) without success , it start fine but 2 seconds later fps fall to 9fps , these same movies play fine using BeyondXBMC , why ?

All other 720p movies play fine on both xbmc gotham and BeyondXBMC

Is there a trick ? maybe cache relocation ?

thanks for your hard work .
best regards
(2014-03-13, 13:57)freddy_krueger Wrote: Is there a trick ?
Actually THERE IS a simple and neat trick.
Throw your RockChip device in the garbage and purchase an AmLogic one.
And all HD problems are gone.
Simple as that.
Not really a trick
No kidding, since beyond xbmc 3.3 is working just fine even with 1080 content
For me 1080p stream no problem using MiniX X7 and latest Gotham with MachUp
Wasser kitkat rom 4.4.2

(2014-03-13, 13:57)freddy_krueger Wrote: I've tried to play 1080p movies (stream ) without success , it start fine but 2 seconds later fps fall to 9fps , these same movies play fine using BeyondXBMC , why ?

best regards
(2014-03-13, 13:57)freddy_krueger Wrote: I've tried to play 1080p movies (stream ) without success , it start fine but 2 seconds later fps fall to 9fps , these same movies play fine using BeyondXBMC , why ?

best regards

Go into XBMC -> Settings -> Video -> Acceleration -> and disable "MediaCodec".
Hi Ned,

I have tried every combo of settings for HW acceleration in Gotham on my Mk888B Quad RK unit with zero success however 1080 does stream flawless in BeyondXBMC.

Might be a good idea to look a little deeper into the coding in BXbmc to see what they have done to make Rockchip devices perform so well under that build.

(2014-03-14, 01:38)Ned Scott Wrote:

best regards

(2014-03-14, 04:13)Packetcrypt Wrote: Hi Ned,

I have tried every combo of settings for HW acceleration in Gotham on my Mk888B Quad RK unit with zero success however 1080 does stream flawless in BeyondXBMC.

Might be a good idea to look a little deeper into the coding in BXbmc to see what they have done to make Rockchip devices perform so well under that build.

Most rockchips devices don't have these issues.

"BeyondXBMC" is nothing more than XBMC v12 (SPMC, specifically) with hardware video decoding added (libstagefright) + some other minor adjustments. "looking into it" doesn't tell us anything more than what we already know. You need to give details about what is happening, about what you've tried and what happens each time. Give debug logs (wiki). I guarantee you that saying "look at what BeyondXBMC does" will get zero attention from the XBMC developers. There is nothing there that can help us.

If you would like to help us troubleshoot and correct what is wrong when using actual official builds of XBMC, then please provide more information.

best regards

+1

(2014-03-14, 04:22)Ned Scott Wrote:

Most rockchips devices don't have these issues.

"BeyondXBMC" is nothing more than XBMC v12 (SPMC, specifically) with hardware video decoding added (libstagefright) + some other minor adjustments. "looking into it" doesn't tell us anything more than what we already know. You need to give details about what is happening, about what you've tried and what happens each time. Give debug logs (wiki). I guarantee you that saying "look at what BeyondXBMC does" will get zero attention from the XBMC developers. There is nothing there that can help us.

If you would like to help us troubleshoot and correct what is wrong when using actual official builds of XBMC, then please provide more information.

i agree , but how can you explain that same 1080p movies run smootly with Bxbmc and only 9fps with official xbmc ?

i have noticed that Bxbmc is installed in root /data/data/ and xbmc in sdcard , maybe it's just a cache location problem ?

best regards

Same results here on quad core RK ATV580 and dual core RK MK808b
Playing Devils Advocate here, Ned is asking both of you for more information about your problem including logs when your problem/bug crops up. He asked you to disable MediaCodec and you reply you've tried all combo's and nothing work's for you and then he asks for logs so the Developers can look into what is going wrong and to forget about Beyond XBMC build on this forum and yet instead of supplying logs you go on about the BY XBMC build yet again which as stated does this bug or you any good at all.
So if you are happy using that build so be it use it and forget about xbmc gotham but if you really want to use xbmc gotham please supply logs et al.
I have replied about 2 hours ago at 5am, can I get some time to do that or I have to immediately quit my job and get to it? Smile

log
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19866993/xbmc.log
ok , this is my log file , take a look please

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/xbmc.log?...QwP0W4H5nQ[/quote]
(2014-03-14, 13:21)freddy_krueger Wrote: ok , this is my log file , take a look please

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/xbmc.log?...QwP0W4H5nQ
[/quote]

You should post it in you public folder.
Access denied
(2014-03-14, 14:07)lifeisfun Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 13:21)freddy_krueger Wrote: ok , this is my log file , take a look please

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/xbmc.log?...QwP0W4H5nQ

You should post it in you public folder.
Access denied
[/quote]

Oops sorry. Hère it is
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/xb...Uf7ui_rNDw

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham and 1080p0