• 209(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-03-23, 22:34)ShaunB1980 Wrote: hmm

maybe I need to enable sharing but point that link to the devices local user settings for the channel cache and then on each device XMLTV settings point to the shared settings2.xml ?

ARGH!!! that didn't work either, its like the option for the location to XMLTV doesnt update everytime, does it only download once or do I have to share the channels to be able to share the settings2.xml ?

this operation is very slow when the client has to "sync" channels and what not.

I rewrote the instructions for channel sharing in post 2... read it maybe it will help Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
hi luna,,
I just upgraded from 2.9 to 3.5 but now it won't even start at all. I completely deleted all folders before installing so that is not the issue. any help would be appreciated
Donated. Love this addon.
Currently installing a HD Homerin with TVheadend on my NAS and it had an XMLTV plugin for it to scrap tv channels, so now I am starting over.

The option where it asks for the XMLTV directory in PSTVL that is the location of settings2.xml right ?

After reading your edits in post 2 I think that is my problem, is the settings2.xml not the XMLTV file or will my Homerun/PVR setup make a new XMLTV file that is something different ?

thank you for posting those updates, has there been any chances to the master repo in the last couple days ?

After giving it some though the Master wont write to the cache and settings2.xml if I enable share channels on it as well and point to a Public/share file will it, if I create the files on the master and then put them in the Public share and enable sharing that would work but in the cache the files use the links that the master made ie smb:// and one of the clients needs to use ftp:// as I take it on the road with me.

still trying to figure out what the best way to manage this going forward, if I get more Ouya or PI boxes I dont want to have to update them all the time.
chrisny9 try changing the skin to default. the other skins are causing it not to load.
i wonder if anyone got this working on a raspberry pi, openelec. it won't start on mine.
well after another days worth of troubleshooting I just realized that you have to close XBMC to it to pull in the settings.xml if you make any changes.

also a big break through it it looks like PSTVL only pulls in the shared settings2.xml and then adds it userdata directory by combining it.

(2014-03-24, 14:01)sunred Wrote: i wonder if anyone got this working on a raspberry pi, openelec. it won't start on mine.

I have it installed on a Ouya, so it should be able to work on a PI.
(2014-03-24, 14:01)sunred Wrote: i wonder if anyone got this working on a raspberry pi, openelec. it won't start on mine.

Make sure you install all the dependencies. That solved most of my problems.
Can anyone give me some insite as to when and what settings will PSTVL import the settings.xml and setting2.xml either from the remote source or locally.

I have been working on one machine to just make my channels and when I saved then backed out then in again the channels were gone. I have sharring off and left the XMLTV location blank and have been just working on the settings2.xml in the userdata directory. Sometimes it loads correctly and sometimes in changes the XML when PSTVL loads which is a real pain in the but as it overrides the changes I just made.

I am trying to get one channel.xml for all my machines and I am failing.

Is there a way to share just the settings2.xml or when you enable sharing does it also share the channel cache ?

Perfect scenerio is PTVL checks the shared settings2.xml for a new version and then parses it's own library based on the channels and settings in the xml file.

A couple of my devices use different sources and strms using only their own local library.
::Update::

Upcoming update will include:
  • Fix for skin's not loading
    Overhauled All Art Downloading
    Removed API Keys (using self keys).
    Artwork Direct Download for Local Media.
    Artwork Downloading for LiveTV reworked.
    All artwork downloads via tvdb/tmdb, and fanart.tv
    LiveTV artwork cache is stored in addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/artwork
    Local Media is saved directly to media directory, it's required that you set an example of your file structure. Artwork is always saved in "Title\"

If enough users sign up for USTVnow using my referral logo (Below). I will bringing back USTVnow support w/EPG and hopefully full PVR control!
I'll leave it in the users hands wither they want me to bring support back!!

Signup is free and includes a few standard definition streams. Their premium service offers High definition streams and more channels...
Even if you already have an account, please use the link to acknowledge my referral.

Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Signed up for you
referral done.
(2014-03-25, 00:51)Lunatixz Wrote: Image

Signup is free and includes a few standard definition streams. Their premium service offers High definition streams and more channels...
Even if you already have an account, please use the link to acknowledge my referral.

I'm not clear on what to do to get behind this. Are you asking existing free account holders to create another account, or can the referral number be attached to an existing free account ? Please advise.

Great possibility ! Thanks.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2014-03-25, 00:51)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

Upcoming update will include:
  • Fix for skin's not loading
    Overhauled All Art Downloading
    Removed API Keys (using self keys).
    Artwork Direct Download for Local Media.
    Artwork Downloading for LiveTV reworked.
    All artwork downloads via tvdb/tmdb, and fanart.tv
    LiveTV artwork cache is stored in addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/artwork
    Local Media is saved directly to media directory, it's required that you set an example of your file structure. Artwork is always saved in "Title\"
Great news...
noob here, installed PseudoTV live and it runs ok, but it plays just a single channel (BBCworld).

I can't find any of the following

addon/script.pseudotv.live
userdata/script.pseudotv.live/cache
settings2.xml

(I do have xbmc/userdata/, but inside it doesn't have script.pseudotv.live)

I installed all the Dependencies according to this thread (first page). But what I'm missing here? how do I get them to get more channels, thanks
  • 209(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45