• 210(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-03-25, 14:02)kudumi Wrote: noob here, installed PseudoTV live and it runs ok, but it plays just a single channel (BBCworld).

I can't find any of the following

addon/script.pseudotv.live
userdata/script.pseudotv.live/cache
settings2.xml

(I do have xbmc/userdata/, but inside it doesn't have script.pseudotv.live)

I installed all the Dependencies according to this thread (first page). But what I'm missing here? how do I get them to get more channels, thanks
Where are you looking for these files/folders? Are you new to xbmc? What OS are you using? Have you added items to your libraries?
(2014-03-25, 15:13)spyder Wrote: Have you added items to your libraries?
I don't know what you mean here Sad, I just installed PseudoTVLive from a zip file (system-settings-Addons-install from zip file), also the remaining dependencies in the very similar way. After doing this I could see PseudoTVLive under Programs-Addons and it runs (but only one channel BBC-world)
(2014-03-25, 15:13)spyder Wrote: Where are you looking for these files/folders?  Are you new to xbmc?  What OS are you using?
Absolutely new to xbmc, I'm looking under the directory C:\programfiles(x64)\xbmc\
OS:windows8 it's running in my NAS (I'm also new to windows, Mac-OS is my default OS and some time I try to use ubuntu), if I'm successful with windows, later I'm going to set everything in Ubuntu (bz my ubuntu has audio issues atm).

thanks m8.
XBMC addons/userdata is stored in your user folder: users/your name/appdata/roaming/xbmc. You will probably need to enable 'show hidden folders' in the control panel, as it is off by default. You need library data to make channels. I suggest you get familiar with xbmc before trying to get this to work.
For first time users the auto tuner works pretty well that you can go into settings2.xml and see how it works

Hey Luna, is there a way to have a channel pull in videos from a plugin ?

ESPN Video to be specific ?

I have messed with ESPN 3 and others but too buggy the ESPN Video has just a few random sports highlights that I would like to play in a ESPN channel.

What do you do for ESPN ?
Would it be possible to password protect channels? It would be a neat feature to have for certain channels. Say you have children using the app and only want them access to certain channels (or a few you want to prevent access to Wink)

EDIT:
I would love to include the ESPN addon for one of my channels if it is possible.
(2014-03-25, 16:02)ShaunB1980 Wrote: Hey Luna, is there a way to have a channel pull in videos from a plugin ?

Read Post 2! Nod

(2014-03-25, 16:52)mrdally204 Wrote: Would it be possible to password protect channels? It would be a neat feature to have for certain channels. Say you have children using the app and only want them access to certain channels (or a few you want to prevent access to Wink)

I can look into it... but It would be toward the end of this project. Please remind me in the future Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
::Update::

New changes to direct artwork downloading...
As with before all LiveTV artwork is stored under the artwork cache folder (userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/artwork).

All other artwork has two options:
  • Save locally - saves artwork under "Title" directory where media file is found (write permission is required). In PTVL's settings pick the structure that is similar to yours; ie."Title\Season\File.ext" or "Title\File.ext"
  • Save to artwork cache - saves artwork to the same folder LiveTV artwork is stored in. You can clear the artwork cache using the switch under PTVL's "MISC" settings.

Also I want to clear a few things up about artwork... I'm always inundated with questions "why don't you do this or that"... Here are the basics to my logic...

File naming:
I'm sure everyone has their personal preferences... but there has to be a standard! PTVL uses XBMC's Conventional naming scheme, Click here to learn more

Artwork location:
Artwork should be stored along with it's media files, Since Frodo XBMC doesn't require a thumbnail cache. Local artwork is mapped and paths are saved to XBMC's database, only artwork not found locally is stored in the thumbnail folder.
So PTVL looks for artwork in the same folder your media is found in, and one directory up in-case you are using "season" folders.

Why don't I use XBMC's thumbnail database? Simple answer is speed! PTVL's gui is already heavy, and I haven't had much luck speeding it up... The fastest way I've found to add "Dynamic Artwork" is to have PTVL assume all paths.
Using XBMC's database would require a query for paths which will slow things down dramatically...
Luna, Question

After creating streams files with the HD-Homerun software, I let Autotune find all HD-Homerun channels and create settings2.xml- I notice that not all channels were added in the same manner. Channels that were correctly identified and matched with their corresponding xmltv.xml data where allocated with channel type of 8 "LiveTv Channel"

Channels that were not identified were allocated with a channel type of 9 "Internet Feed" - The Channel displayed normally - no guide data was available in the guide although xml data was correct in xmltv.xml. is manual modification the only option?

as an example:

AutoTune Discovery

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="/home/xbmc/Media/OnlineTv/HDHomeRun/9.4 MundoFx.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="9.4 MundoFx" />
<setting id="Channel_1_4" value="XMLTV DATA NOT FOUND" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="9.4 MundoFx LiveTV" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />

Manual Changes

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I9.4.290647859.microsoft.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="/home/xbmc/Media/OnlineTv/HDHomeRun/9.4 MundoFx.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_1_4" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="9.4 MundoFx LiveTV"
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />

XMLTV.XML data

<channel id="I9.4.290647859.microsoft.com">
<display-name>9.4 WWORDT4</display-name>
<display-name>9.4</display-name>
<display-name>38 WWORDT4 fcc</display-name>
<display-name>WWORDT4</display-name>
<display-name>WWORDT4 (WWOR-DT4)</display-name>
<display-name>MundoFOX Affiliate</display-name>
</channel>

also, although not the case here. The Silicon Dust software does not generate streams for the Silicon Dust HDHR-3-CC HD (HD Homerun Prime). what is your suggestions for gathering these streams?

thank you.
(2014-03-25, 22:38)ylafont Wrote: Channels that were not identified were allocated with a channel type of 9 "Internet Feed" - The Channel displayed normally - no guide data was available in the guide although xml data was correct in xmltv.xml. is manual modification the only option?

Search forum this has been answered before...

(2014-03-25, 22:38)ylafont Wrote: also, although not the case here. The Silicon Dust software does not generate streams for the Silicon Dust HDHR-3-CC HD (HD Homerun Prime). what is your suggestions for gathering these streams?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=hdhomerun
Hey Luna, I donated a few days ago, can i get access to donor features? thanks
(2014-03-25, 23:26)demarini Wrote: Hey Luna, I donated a few days ago, can i get access to donor features? thanks

I send out donor info on Fridays, please be patient; thank you for your donation Smile
Hey Luna, I donated a few days ago as well, I figure your pm box is full so figured this would be the best way to reach you. Smile
(2014-03-25, 23:42)C_hris Wrote: Hey Luna, I donated a few days ago as well, I figure your pm box is full so figured this would be the best way to reach you. Smile

This isn't the place for this!! While I appreciate all donations, you have to be patient... Friday you will get your logins along with other users who have donated.
If 8-days pass from donation, drop me another PM. But do not post requests here! Thank you
This is exactly the type of thing I have been looking for to add to my xbmc, however I've been reading through and it looks very complicated for a noob to setup.

I'm wondering if its in the plans to make it more user friendly in the future?
(2014-03-26, 03:57)danjef Wrote: This is exactly the type of thing I have been looking for to add to my xbmc, however I've been reading through and it looks very complicated for a noob to setup.

I'm wondering if its in the plans to make it more user friendly in the future?

Did you try auto tuning?
  • 210(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45