• 213(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I've noticed in channel configuration, that you can no longer go up or down with a remote. u need a mouse to scroll thru the options... ie. tv shows, tv genre and such. before you could scroll thru them using just a remote. this is on android, ouya.
(2014-03-27, 22:46)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

v.0.3.6 Pushed to git, Post all bugs with logs please. Donors make sure to reactivate features... All users should double check all settings (things have been removed and moved around). API keys no longer needed...

Check post1 change log for info...

If enough users sign up for USTVnow using my referral logo (Below). I will bringing back USTVnow support w/EPG and hopefully full PVR control!
I'll leave it in the users hands wither they want me to bring support back!!

Signup is free and includes a few standard definition streams. Their premium service offers High definition streams and more channels...
Even if you already have an account, please use the link to acknowledge my referral.

Signed up, and keep up the great work.
(2014-03-27, 16:13)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Feedback Required::

Would you rather I supply a link in PTVL's settings that downloads and extracts a zip of channel logos from my HUGE collection, or do you like the idea of search and download?

One HUGE collection, one-time D/L, under user control. It could even be just a link on post # 1.

And thank you so much for the thought, and the offer Smile
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2014-03-27, 22:46)Lunatixz Wrote: Even if you already have an account, please use the link to acknowledge my referral.

Abandoned/deleted previous account, clicked on referral icon above, and re-created free account.

It didn't look any different than usual signup process (and nowhere did I see reference to the referral code) - BUT...
Add one more to the pile !
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::

v.0.3.6 Pushed to git, Post all bugs with logs please. Donors make sure to reactivate features... All users should double check all settings (things have been removed and moved around). API keys no longer needed...

Check post1 change log for info...

...and speaking of Channel Logos... I've been meaning to ask (what surely will turn out to be a Dumb Question):

The !! IMPORTANT !! section in post #1 regarding previous PTVL installations says to delete ".../addon/script.pseudotv.live"
(typo alert: "addon" is actually "addons" - at least it is in OE)

Shortly thereafter, the fiery red text instructs:
MANUALLY INSTALL: Update by deleting the plugin folder and moving the new one in its place.

This operation will yield a folder pathname of ".../addons/script.pseudotv.live-master".

Which is the correct folder name - "/blah.blah.live" -or- "/blah.blah.live-master" ?

The question arises every time I scroll through the SETTINGS > VISUALS page, and see the default value for "Channel Logo Folder". It points to ".../addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/...".

Based on that default pathname, I presume the intent is to remove "-master" from the folder name, as it's delivered in the github zip file. Is this correct ?

(possible) typo-alert2:
The folder structure in OE is actually "Userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache". I don't know about other xbmc platforms. If they are similar, you may want to update the pathname under the !! IMPORTANT !! section in post # 1.

Thanks again Luna for the superlative work in creating PTVL. I hope this helps clarify things a bit, for the many folks who will flock to use the plugin.

Cheers Smile
Heh-heh Big Grin No need for full logs...

Code:
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins/Default
ERROR: EXCEPTION: XML File for Window is missing
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
               Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
               Error Contents: XML File for Window is missing
               Traceback (most recent call last):
                 File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live/pseudotv.py", line 39, in <module>
                   MyOverlayWindow = Overlay.TVOverlay("script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml", __cwd__, Skin_Select)
               RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing
               -->End of Python script error report<--

... we're back to "default"/"Default" naming issues.

Beware "ConCast" too...

OK - Folders renamed, and... Default skin plays HD Nation.

PTVL skin...

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
               Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
               Error Contents: name 'Skin_Select' is not defined
                 File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live/default.py", line 21, in <module>
                   from resources.lib.Globals import *
                 File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/Globals.py", line 119, in <module>
                   if xbmcvfs.exists(xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join(ADDON_PATH, 'resources', 'skins', Skin_Select, 'images'))):
               NameError: name 'Skin_Select' is not defined

and ConCast and Aurora suffer the same 'Skin_Select' issue.

Well... back to Default for some more fun Confused
Hello everyone, i love this plug-in just a couple of quick questions, i did post before but i my post got overlooked with the new update posts Smile

Is there a way for PSTVL not to mark a TV Show / Movie as watched. Preferably on a channel basis.
The idea is to have two channels one for random and one for unwatched in sequence. There are some shows i am happy to watch in a random order. but my partner would want to watch them in sequence. So i would like to watch them on the "random channel" without messing up the "unwatched in sequence" channel.

And is there a way to disable the info banner / GUI? so it uses the default XBMC one?

Thanks in advance Smile
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
Once Upon A Time...

a) way back here, I asked about xbmc's CODECINFO display, and why PTVL ignored it completely. Neither the "Guide" button on the remote, nor "O" keyboard command, get any response while playing video from within PTVL.

Is it possible to have this function ?

b) I just know in the past I've seen the Coming Up Next window pop up prior to the next show starting, but it's been ages since that's happened. Is there anything more than activating the "Show Coming Up Next Box" to be done ?

Could this be affected by the xbmc-skin (I'm running Hybrid v2, a Gotham-ready release) ?

Thanks for answers Huh

Update to 0.3.6.Activate "Enhanced LiveTV" and force refresh channels.PLTV loads the channels but when i press to watch a"live tv" channel,PLTV freezes,black screen and have to exit xbmc.
Restart xbmc,deactIvate "Enhanced Live TV",everything works good.

Here is the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsd3iuecnrywhr3/xbmc.old.log

Lunatixz,maybe it's the "non-english" characters again... (xmltv contains non-english characters)
Hello everyone i am looking for some info after setting this program up on my windows box i decided i was going to try this on a XBMCbuntu box but i keep getting a pseudotv.py error when i try to run it i tried the steps below to resolve my issue but with no luck i am hoping that i am just overlooking something any help would be much appreciated.

1. did a fresh install of XBMCbuntu 12.2 and updated it to 12.3 also i tried a fresh install of XBMCbuntu Gotham on another laptop (same issue on both)

2. downloaded all the dependencies from page one and installed all them one by one by going to System>add-ons>install from zip file.

3. deleted librmpt.so.0 from usr/lib/x86-64-linx_gnu/ and replaced it with the librmpt.so.0 file i found here http://www.mediafire.com/?x4cvp5hl4m9xr#cefle83r7pa8g it is the 64-bit version

any ideas?
(2014-03-28, 11:01)TheBuz Wrote: Hello everyone, i love this plug-in just a couple of quick questions, i did post before but i my post got overlooked with the new update posts Smile

Is there a way for PSTVL not to mark a TV Show / Movie as watched. Preferably on a channel basis.
The idea is to have two channels one for random and one for unwatched in sequence. There are some shows i am happy to watch in a random order. but my partner would want to watch them in sequence. So i would like to watch them on the "random channel" without messing up the "unwatched in sequence" channel.

And is there a way to disable the info banner / GUI? so it uses the default XBMC one?

Thanks in advance Smile
smart playlists (wiki)
(2014-03-28, 10:09)gjwAudio Wrote: Heh-heh Big Grin No need for full logs...

Code:
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins/Default
ERROR: EXCEPTION: XML File for Window is missing
               Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
               Error Contents: XML File for Window is missing
                 File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live/pseudotv.py", line 39, in <module>
                   MyOverlayWindow = Overlay.TVOverlay("script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml", __cwd__, Skin_Select)
               RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing

... we're back to "default"/"Default" naming issues.

Beware "ConCast" too...

OK - Folders renamed, and... Default skin plays HD Nation.

PTVL skin...

Code:
               Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
               Error Contents: name 'Skin_Select' is not defined
                 File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live/default.py", line 21, in <module>
                   from resources.lib.Globals import *
                 File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/Globals.py", line 119, in <module>
                   if xbmcvfs.exists(xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join(ADDON_PATH, 'resources', 'skins', Skin_Select, 'images'))):
               NameError: name 'Skin_Select' is not defined

and ConCast and Aurora suffer the same 'Skin_Select' issue.

Well... back to Default for some more fun Confused

Apparently github doesn't push case changes... Sorry about that I will fix it now...

Github was updated:
Please test all skins now let me know which ones give you issues, Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-03-28, 14:54)bry- Wrote:
(2014-03-28, 11:01)TheBuz Wrote: Hello everyone, i love this plug-in just a couple of quick questions, i did post before but i my post got overlooked with the new update posts Smile

Thanks in advance Smile
smart playlists (wiki)
Thanks, But Smart Playlists wont work in this situation.

Let me explain:
Channel - Random Sit-Coms
Channel - Unwatched in sequence Sit-Coms

Now, no matter how i set-up smart playlists, if i watch Friends Season 2 Episode 4 on "Random Sit-Coms" it will add 1 to the view count.

Which means, by the time "Unwatched in sequence Sit-Coms" gets to Season 2 of Friends, it will skip over Episode 4 because it has been "watched". Which is what i don't want to happen.
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
autotuning with concast as we speak. so far so good. i'm on ouya. also running gotham beta 2.
(2014-03-28, 13:37)tromy Wrote:

Update to 0.3.6.Activate "Enhanced LiveTV" and force refresh channels.PLTV loads the channels but when i press to watch a"live tv" channel,PLTV freezes,black screen and have to exit xbmc.
Restart xbmc,deactIvate "Enhanced Live TV",everything works good.

Here is the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsd3iuecnrywhr3/xbmc.old.log

Lunatixz,maybe it's the "non-english" characters again... (xmltv contains non-english characters)

No, not a problem with characters... it's a problem with the new caching system... I didn't realize it doesn't like a result = 0, which happens when no tvdbid is found... It's easy enough to fix.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
  • 213(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45