• 49(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-07, 23:50)haikuginger Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 23:42)cstark27 Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 21:06)pinyot Wrote: Hey guys, has anyone tried to see if XBMC through the Fire Tv can do the DTS- passthrough yet? I saw Diego's video which is great but he didn't have an AV receiver or Home theater setup to test. I finally gave up on this on my Ouya. ..Thanks.
I have the SPMC 12.4.1 installed and DTS passes through on HDMI. This is the build with video issues, though my video really doesn't stutter very much. The working video build 12.3.x didn't provide me with surround options.

It's good to know that it's possible at least. Someday, we'll have a build with a perfect intersection of all the good options. With DTS bitstreaming ticked off, my fingers are just crossed for Blu-Ray-quality remuxes working.

have you seen any android boxes play bluray remux files? I've tested it on Ouya/Mojo and the firetv and they all stutter with xbmc for ouya. spmc and gotham v13 beta 3.
(2014-04-08, 00:10)DiegoMejia Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 23:42)cstark27 Wrote: I have the SPMC 12.4.1 installed and DTS passes through on HDMI. This is the build with video issues, though my video really doesn't stutter very much. The working video build 12.3.x didn't provide me with surround options.

It's good to know that it's possible at least. Someday, we'll have a build with a perfect intersection of all the good options. With DTS bitstreaming ticked off, my fingers are just crossed for Blu-Ray-quality remuxes working.

have you seen any android boxes play bluray remux files? I've tested it on Ouya/Mojo and the firetv and they all stutter with xbmc for ouya. spmc and gotham v13 beta 3.

Considering that embedded OSs like Android and iOS are the only ones getting SuperHD Netflix with surround bitstreaming, and considering that the AppleTV3 still hasn't been jailbroken, my hope's entirely on an Android box figuring out Blu-Ray remuxes at some point. WMC would have been the way to go for a one-box solution, if not for its utterly lackluster Netflix support. 3.5Mbps and stereo sound? Really?

For now, I've got OpenELEC on an Arctic MC001 and an AppleTV 3 for Netflix and purchased content. Proper handling of Blu-Ray remuxes would make the FireTV a must-buy for me.
Most all new TVs have Netflix HD with dd 5.1. My vizio that is 3 years old maybe 3.5 it's an led and had Netflix. Not the best interface. That's why I still have my atv2 I like the Netflix interface better and I get access to all my iTunes content. Apple better step it up or amazon might do well with this. Kindles were a joke everyone I know who got one hated them got iPads instead. But this box could be what we been wanting in an android box
Quote:have you seen any android boxes play bluray remux files? I've tested it on Ouya/Mojo and the firetv and they all stutter with xbmc for ouya. spmc and gotham v13 beta 3.
Doesn't this depend on what codec the original bluray was created in (mpeg2 or h264 or VC-1, all 3 are possible on bluray) and what bitrate it is? Saying "will/won't this play remuxed bluray" is like saying "how strong is a piece of string (but it might be wire, or it might be plasticine)".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-08, 00:40)haikuginger Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 23:50)haikuginger Wrote: It's good to know that it's possible at least. Someday, we'll have a build with a perfect intersection of all the good options. With DTS bitstreaming ticked off, my fingers are just crossed for Blu-Ray-quality remuxes working.

Considering that embedded OSs like Android and iOS are the only ones getting SuperHD Netflix with surround bitstreaming, and considering that the AppleTV3 still hasn't been jailbroken, my hope's entirely on an Android box figuring out Blu-Ray remuxes at some point. WMC would have been the way to go for a one-box solution, if not for its utterly lackluster Netflix support. 3.5Mbps and stereo sound? Really?

For now, I've got OpenELEC on an Arctic MC001 and an AppleTV 3 for Netflix and purchased content. Proper handling of Blu-Ray remuxes would make the FireTV a must-buy for me.

Windows Media Center support is all but nonexistant. Microsoft just doesn't care about it. The WMC community has complained about it and the fact that Microsoft has continued to not support it, but has then decided to charge cash for it in Windows 8 was just a slap in the face. Despite paying for WMC( I had guests and I needed it NOW), I don't think I'd ever pay for another Windows product after how they just abandoned Windows Media Center the way they have.

Luckily, almost all of my content is in higher quality than NetFlix's "SuperHD" so it doesn't bother me.
Here is an open source movie in Bluray iso format:
http://download.blender.org/durian/movie...Bluray.iso

(2014-04-07, 20:46)jdtimmons Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 20:38)fnc1 Wrote: how about Bluray ISOs?

(2014-04-07, 20:11)jdtimmons Wrote: Yep .iso's play just fine. .. I'm using the ouya xbmc build...

Not sure on that. .. i don't have any bluray .iso to try...
So what is the current limit for bd rips? anyone tested out ~20Mbit rips? (i realize its still early days with this box, just curious and twiddling thumbs while i wait for my box to cross the pacific ocean). Does DTS-MA get passed through hdmi (im guessing with the ouya build)?
(2014-04-07, 23:42)cstark27 Wrote: I have the SPMC 12.4.1 installed and DTS passes through on HDMI. This is the build with video issues, though my video really doesn't stutter very much. The working video build 12.3.x didn't provide me with surround options.

You clearly have not done much testing because i have watched 30gb bluray remuxes on the ouya from start to finish with no stuttering. Some do stutter but others play fine.
ALLCast app for FIRE TV

https://plus.google.com/1105580719690095...B9NzgP87wK
(2014-04-08, 03:09)calev Wrote: You clearly have not done much testing because i have watched 30gb bluray remuxes on the ouya from start to finish with no stuttering. Some do stutter but others play fine.
30GB is meaningless unless you know the length of the movie. bitrate is what is relevant!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I've been trying some files from: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php and http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/

The 40mbps file plays on SPMC 12.3.3 fine (it comes with no audio, though and is only 23s). And the THX Cavalcade is like 26mbps and plays fine as well. These are the only files I have to test, and I'm new to paying attention to the bitrates so maybe these links can help someone else.
http://jell.yfish.us/ has everything up to 120 Mbps files for anybody wanting to give it a shot.
If anyone's interested, I modified the splash screen for "XBMC on OUYA". Just push it to XMBC's media folder.
Figured that, while waiting for Gotham to work well, I'll customize some stuff in the OUYA build (icons, app name) and pretend it's official.
(2014-04-08, 03:52)st0nedpenguin Wrote: http://jell.yfish.us/ has everything up to 120 Mbps files for anybody wanting to give it a shot.

Handy, thanks!
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-04-08, 03:52)st0nedpenguin Wrote: http://jell.yfish.us/ has everything up to 120 Mbps files for anybody wanting to give it a shot.

Oh thats awesome.. Looking forward to the results!
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10