• 10(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
(2014-04-23, 17:06)krakout Wrote: I had to install Chorus manually from the zip archive, however it seems OpenELEC decided it's good enough to update. So maybe indeed the bug got fixed in 0.3.6 Smile

I'm going to have to give OpenELEC a go sometime soon, it does sound awesome. Was there problems installing it from the repo first time round?
(2014-04-24, 00:20)robpsmith Wrote: Firstly would also like to echo awesome work.

ive installed chorus on a windows pc version of xbmc and seems to be working well, apart from what appears to be one minor issue:

Im accessing the web gui on two different samsung android phones, both 1024x720 resolution I believe, note 2 and s5, both same issue. The tab for movies works perfectly, but when I click on tv shows it leaves the splash showing where you select whether you want to sort by genre or by all TV, so its impossible to select the posters that are obscured behind that splash. When selecting movies, the sort filter splash screen correctly disappears when you select which way to filter, allowing you to select which poster you want.

is there some minor difference in the code between movies and tv that is causing this? I guess it might be an easy fix.

Glad you like! And yep that is definitely a bug, will be sorted in the next release (just a couple of lines of css should do the trick)
OpenELEC for the Pi is a must if you just want a media player without fussing with it (my girl wouldn't appreciate it if, say, we wanted to watch a movie and I was like "oh, let me compile this... and git-clone that..."). Indeed a great piece of software.

When I first tried to install it it was, I think, marked as "incompatible" (I'm running the beta OpenELEC that uses the Gotham beta, so this is a common occurrence). I don't know if it's still marked as incompatible; if it is, it means that OpenELEC doesn't fuss about updating incompatible plugins that are already manually installed.
Yeah I thought it would be good to bring some old hardware back to life with next to no hassle and the only app that matters running on it.

Ahh ok, the only dependency it has is v6 of the jsonrpc which exists in both frodo and gotham, maybe there was something else, although I did test gotham out the other week and chorus was actually listed as the only compatible web interface. Might have a play with OpenELEC this weekend just to check Smile
Seems it's a bug with recently added episodes.
Code:
Line: 21676 data.result.episodes[i].thumbnail = show.thumbnail;
show is undefined. If I comment it out, it's fine (although the thumbnails are posters instead of landscape).

This is with Gotham mind.

One of the mentions of cast etc. being slow.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
(2014-04-25, 23:06)Mizaki Wrote: Seems it's a bug with recently added episodes.
Code:
Line: 21676 data.result.episodes[i].thumbnail = show.thumbnail;
show is undefined. If I comment it out, it's fine (although the thumbnails are posters instead of landscape).

This is with Gotham mind.

One of the mentions of cast etc. being slow.

I couldn't reproduce it but could see how it could break. Should be fixed in 0.3.7, changed to
Code:
data.result.episodes[i].thumbnail = (show !== undefined ? show.thumbnail : '');
Still takes 32 secs to load though. I see what you are doing now. Must have been blind before Smile Why are you getting every single TVShow for Recently added episodes btw? I guess to cross reference and get the TV show poster? I personally don't think that's very helpful as every other interface (I think) shows the episode thumb. You aren't using a limited load with TV Shows (for the previous reason?). I see with Movies it loads 60 then on scroll, 60 more. TVShows are set to a static 10000. Todo? Smile

I only have 253 TV Shows and a half decent PC so someone on a Pi will have a nightmare currently.

What do you use to edit btw?
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
I have been using this web interface from my pc to control raspberry pi using openelec. 3 days ago I have noticed that the arrow keys and enter key on my keyboard is also working. Thank you for this, because I prefer keyboard controls instead of mouse. But I can not play or pause by keyboard. Is there a way to add hotkeys to interface like arrow keys.

Thank you.
Darn, OpenELEC didn't auto-update to 0.3.7... I had to do it manually. Oh well!
Once again this is an outstanding web interface.

I have been reading all the posts on this thread but it seems that for me the stream does not work. I run XBMC on a raspberry pi model B and loading the interface from my PC on chrome. The music seems to play in browser but i cannot hear anything.

I have tried this also locally using the local IP and port and also via internet using the external IP and port. The same is happening when i use it from my iPad or iPhone.

I am not sure if i am doing something wrong or i miss any plugin in order to work. please let me know how you have managed this to work!

Thank you in advance!
(2014-04-28, 01:32)Mizaki Wrote: Still takes 32 secs to load though. I see what you are doing now. Must have been blind before Smile Why are you getting every single TVShow for Recently added episodes btw? I guess to cross reference and get the TV show poster? I personally don't think that's very helpful as every other interface (I think) shows the episode thumb. You aren't using a limited load with TV Shows (for the previous reason?). I see with Movies it loads 60 then on scroll, 60 more. TVShows are set to a static 10000. Todo? Smile

I only have 253 TV Shows and a half decent PC so someone on a Pi will have a nightmare currently.

What do you use to edit btw?

There is a number of reasons I get every show, mainly as a search index but also for things like this and the "next" button on an episode. They do get cached so it should only be one wait per page load although I will look into how well this is working, I might also try and lighten up the query by removing fields we don't use.

Movies took a lot of work getting to paginate + infinite scroll and TBH I couldn't really be bothered doing the same with tv. But it sounds like it is required, added to the todo list...

I use phpstorm as my IDE, awesome app! If you need any help getting your dev environment setup, let me know
(2014-04-28, 18:39)asiaminor Wrote: I have been using this web interface from my pc to control raspberry pi using openelec. 3 days ago I have noticed that the arrow keys and enter key on my keyboard is also working. Thank you for this, because I prefer keyboard controls instead of mouse. But I can not play or pause by keyboard. Is there a way to add hotkeys to interface like arrow keys.

Thank you.

I'll add the spacebar (play/pause) to the keyboard commands for you
(2014-04-28, 18:47)krakout Wrote: Darn, OpenELEC didn't auto-update to 0.3.7... I had to do it manually. Oh well!

I normally let it stew on github for a few days before adding it to the repo, just in case I (or someone else) discovers a bug.
(2014-04-28, 20:42)michaelkrtikos Wrote: Once again this is an outstanding web interface.

I have been reading all the posts on this thread but it seems that for me the stream does not work. I run XBMC on a raspberry pi model B and loading the interface from my PC on chrome. The music seems to play in browser but i cannot hear anything.

I have tried this also locally using the local IP and port and also via internet using the external IP and port. The same is happening when i use it from my iPad or iPhone.

I am not sure if i am doing something wrong or i miss any plugin in order to work. please let me know how you have managed this to work!

Thank you in advance!

Possibly the file format? streaming only really works with mp3s
(2014-04-29, 05:16)jez500 Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 18:47)krakout Wrote: Darn, OpenELEC didn't auto-update to 0.3.7... I had to do it manually. Oh well!

I normally let it stew on github for a few days before adding it to the repo, just in case I (or someone else) discovers a bug.

Ahhh thanks Big Grin

By the way; I updated manually, the system shows 0.3.7 but the web interface shows 0.3.6.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10